Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-18-2012, 08:51 PM #22
skitsofraniak
I love strippers.

skitsofraniak is a Supporting Member
skitsofraniak owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
skitsofraniak owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I wasn't intending this to help them forget about the loss of a child..I think everyone knows that's a little out of the question. Everyone knows funerals and other costs are expensive, especialy an unplanned one. Surely, even if it was a small ammount of money that was raised the families would appreciate it. I nor did anyone else say that this needed to be a huge news covered public event. There is no reason why it can't be done. The families don't need to know that it came from people running around "shooting" eachother. There is a very big difference between everyione that would go to support this and the shooter. There is also a very big difference between a paintball "marker" that is what there called right? And an M4 type assault rifle.

Proudly Sponsored by:
Warped Sports, BOLP, P.A.N.S, Central Wave, Traffic Jamz, Joe Darrah Enterprises, Blacksmith Tattoos
Old school feedback
Jon Woodley's HH luxe 2.0!
GEARBAG SALE!
skitsofraniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2012, 08:22 PM #23
NSGSplatmaster

has been a member for 10 years
NSGSplatmaster owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I agree with Mr. Stein. This is a terrible idea. Did you even think this through? Your enthusiasm is appreciated but, come on man. Raising money with people shooting things that look a lot like AR15s at each other...a BIT problematic.

Edit: No, there is not a difference between a long black gun looking thing that shoots bullets and a long black gun looking thing that shoots fake bullets, especially when you're the parent or member of the immediate community that just endured this.
NSGSplatmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:35 PM #24
EMSGuy24
no

EMSGuy24 plays in the PSP
EMSGuy24 plays in the APPA D4 division
We all want to help. We all have been touched by this in many ways. But what we need to look at is perception. I will admit I wanted to do many things to help raise money because I have people I know directly impacted by this event. But would it do us as a community to go out and say we are going to be playing paintball to help your community, right now that answer is no.. But later on maybe when the weather gets warmer and people stop thinking about Newtown. We as a family of Paintballers say we did not forget and we do something for the memorial funds... But right now the wounds are too fresh for us to be running around with our guns shooting at each other...
EMSGuy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:52 PM #25
skitsofraniak
I love strippers.

Yeah, it was thought through. Thanks though! Like I said before, do they need to know what was done to raise the money? No. Each and every one of us could feel good knowing what we did to help them.

Proudly Sponsored by:
Warped Sports, BOLP, P.A.N.S, Central Wave, Traffic Jamz, Joe Darrah Enterprises, Blacksmith Tattoos
Old school feedback
GEARBAG SALE!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:27 PM #26
Yankee Paintball
www.YankeePaintball.com

While we all wish there was something we could do to help the situation, I think keeping a low profile on this is a better idea. The entire country is running events and donations to help the families out. A different idea may be to pick a worthy cause that most likely will get a bit ignored and help them. The Red Cross, Salvation Army etc... we ran an event for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and had good success, we'll be running another one this year.
Eric
Owner-Manager Yankee Paintball
Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE. Distributor for Valken, KEE and GI Sportz.
203-906-9621 or 9622
Yankee Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:01 AM #27
sumorai
FRENCHIE

Annual Supporting Member
sumorai is a Supporting Member
sumorai plays in the PSP
sumorai is playing at Living Legends VII
sumorai supports our troops
sumorai has perfected Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm with Stein on this one. Same thought ran through my head the second I saw the thread title.

NEPb - Destructive Customs - Feedback: Old New - Stuff for sale

I am not a MacDev tech. Please do not PM me about their products. Click here instead
sumorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:27 AM #28
Bad71
.... from the ashes

Bad71 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bad71 plays in the APPA D4 division
Bad71 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I just read through all the comments on this subject...

And being in CT, and attached to a school system, I can tell you this... right now, the town of Newtown is overloaded with donations, sorrow, grief, and offers of help.
On Friday, they released an announcement actually asking for the donations to cease, as they are swamped with toys, teddy bears, and offers of fundraisers to be held to help those families effected.
Its been an overwhelming outpouring of support from all over the world; that which hasnt been seen ever. Understand, this is a small town. They dont have the manpower to handle all of the media, onlookers, curious tourists, well-wishers, funerals, the Westboro Baptist *******s, and the good folks who are comprising the "wall" to block them. Traffic is a mess in town and the local and state authorities have their hands full beyond their capacity.

With that being said, any attempts by well-wishers to help the town are being directed to the Salvation Army and United Way in the form of monetary donations to these organizations. UCONN has set up a scholarship fund, as well as the Newtown Savings Bank.
(The NRA could use some help nowadays too, for those who support the 2nd Amendment)
My opinion is to do this.... wait til the craziness dies down, hold a game, unannounced to the media, and let the proceeds be donated to one of these charities. Make it on behalf of of one, or several New England Paintball organizations; a field, league, even a team (with a non-sensitive team name), and modestly and humbly do our thing.
Any media coverage; photo or print, of a Tippmann, BT, or any other scenario marker is gonna bring unwanted negative attention to a highly sensitive and volatile situation!!
We are part of a unique sport... misunderstood, and ill-accepted by the very types of people who make up the demographics of Newtown. This needs to be understood. They are a small, close knit community, and desperately want thier peace and tranquility back so they can grieve on their own terms.

Bad71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:12 AM #29
Jay5780

Jay5780 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Just a bad idea. A shooting event of any kind for Newtown is not ok. Call it a marker all you want, people will still call it a gun.if you want to do something for these people find another outlet. I guess we all forgot about Inisde Editions paintball link to the Aurora shooter?
Jay5780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:52 AM #30
Starks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad71 View Post
I just read through all the comments on this subject...

And being in CT, and attached to a school system, I can tell you this... right now, the town of Newtown is overloaded with donations, sorrow, grief, and offers of help.
On Friday, they released an announcement actually asking for the donations to cease, as they are swamped with toys, teddy bears, and offers of fundraisers to be held to help those families effected.
Its been an overwhelming outpouring of support from all over the world; that which hasnt been seen ever. Understand, this is a small town. They dont have the manpower to handle all of the media, onlookers, curious tourists, well-wishers, funerals, the Westboro Baptist *******s, and the good folks who are comprising the "wall" to block them. Traffic is a mess in town and the local and state authorities have their hands full beyond their capacity.

With that being said, any attempts by well-wishers to help the town are being directed to the Salvation Army and United Way in the form of monetary donations to these organizations. UCONN has set up a scholarship fund, as well as the Newtown Savings Bank.
(The NRA could use some help nowadays too, for those who support the 2nd Amendment)
My opinion is to do this.... wait til the craziness dies down, hold a game, unannounced to the media, and let the proceeds be donated to one of these charities. Make it on behalf of of one, or several New England Paintball organizations; a field, league, even a team (with a non-sensitive team name), and modestly and humbly do our thing.
Any media coverage; photo or print, of a Tippmann, BT, or any other scenario marker is gonna bring unwanted negative attention to a highly sensitive and volatile situation!!
We are part of a unique sport... misunderstood, and ill-accepted by the very types of people who make up the demographics of Newtown. This needs to be understood. They are a small, close knit community, and desperately want thier peace and tranquility back so they can grieve on their own terms.
This post hits the nail on the head.

I was in Newtown on Thursday. The community just wants their town back. They want everyone to leave to let them mourn and deal with this tragedy out of the global spotlight.

We can set up an account to raise money then make an anonymous donation and expect nothing in return but the good feeling of donating to a good cause.

We can put this idea into a vault and hold an event years down the road to "remember" the tragedy.

We can donate to UCONN's scholarship fund. UCONN is giving everyone currently attending Sandy Hook Elementary and families of the victims a full ride through college. UCONN has a paintball team. The university would LOVE to see the support coming from the paintball community in return for their support of UCONN paintball.

I can appreciate folks thinking of paintball's image in the public eye but this just might not be the best PR strategy at the moment.
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:47 AM #31
lollirot363

Leave the Newtown community alone. They buried their babies. Not children, those parents lost their babies. The country found out about their babies being murdered, probably before they even knew a gunman entered the school. I know when my grandmother passed away, I didn't want to socialize and condolences from strangers were appreciated, but wholly unwanted. It actually irritated me to being offered constant condolences from strangers. And a donation to pay for her cremation was appreciated, but still largely unwanted. All my family wanted was to grieve in peace. Not to have everyone sticking their nose in our private life.

I cannot even begin to imagine the suffering these families are enduring. I'm sure they appreciate everyone coming together to support them, but I'm also sure they just want to be left alone. Their babies are dead. Killed because some stupid **** decided to go psycho and murder innocent babies. And the world has been watching their every move from the beginning.

Maybe next year something can be done to remember all the lives lost, but anytime soon would be terrible. You might think they won't find out, but remember, it's an entire town that just suffered. Someone will find out and spread the word. That donation would be even more unwanted, because it came from a sport that simulates war in many ways.

In a year, take a drive through Newtown, visit some shops, eat at a restaurant, speak to the people that make up their community as though you don't know what happened to them. If they seem alright, speak to town officials or town police about a paintball event being held to remember their loss. Ask them if it's a good idea to hold it and if it would still be too soon. We as a paintball community shouldn't take something like this into our own hands. I feel it would be best to work with the community. Maybe if the event could be large enough, we could offer a small statue or whatever as a memorial for them with the money made through the event.

Until then, just let the community grieve and try to pull their lives back together in the best way they can.
lollirot363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:38 AM #32
J. Stein

J. Stein is a Supporting Member
J. Stein is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
J. Stein plays in the PSP
J. Stein donated to help Peyton Trent
Pretty sure this horse is dead. By all means, keep slugging away to your hearts content if you want, but it's dead and can't be buried until the thread dies.

Warzone Facebook
www.warzoneri.com

RIP Ronnie
J. Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:21 AM #33
skitsofraniak
I love strippers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Stein View Post
Pretty sure this horse is dead. By all means, keep slugging away to your hearts content if you want, but it's dead and can't be buried until the thread dies.
Thank you Jeff!

Proudly Sponsored by:
Old school feedback
GEARBAG SALE!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:27 PM #34
OZZY-PB
Founder: Mystic Cavalry

This is a great idea, however I see some draw backs to it. First of all Paintball sometimes falls under the media’s attention as promoting violence, do to the fact that paintball markers have been miss-used in the past. Example-California wanted to put a ban on paintball markers and airsoft guns about a year ago. As players nationwide we had to fight that so that the bill would not get past. We can thank the thugs, and liberals for that. I am very surprise at this point in the game that the media has not put the spot light on paintball and airsoft and start relating it to gun violence, just like they are blaming the video games and movies. So as it stands right now, let’s not draw unnecessary negative attention to the sport, even though our hearts are in the right place. All these liberal a-holes and media are just dying to put another nail into the coffin about this whole gun control bit. As a legal gun owner myself, I am personally really pissed off that they are trying to punish law biding citizens for ones selfish and outrageous acts of violence with a twist of mental sickness. Most of my paintball markers all look like assault style weapons, to the point they look to realistic. Last thing I want is some liberal making a stink about that.
Fields of Fire Mystic CT
Mystic Army Navy Store
Tech T
OZZY-PB is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups