PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 02-02-2013, 07:51 AM #1
niallist

Operation Medusa. Greece. May 17th - 19th

Hi, thought this may interest some of the European members on here, hope I've kept to the rules. Let me know if not and I'll amend accordingly.

Tippmann are proud to announce the first Tippmann Big game Greece

Operation Medusa May 17th – 19th 2013

A game written and organised by Action field, the premier scenario event organisers in Greece, with at track history of organizing hardcore scenario games over many years, involving the use of military hardware including fast attack boats, helicopters and scuba equipment.

Action field have secured a unique military location for this event on the island of Aegina.

With the support of Tippmann, the world’s leading scenario paintball equipment manufacturer, this will be a ground breaking 2 day hardcore paintball event not to be missed.

Tickets for Operation Medusa will be capped at 300 players and go on sale 1st December 2012
More logistical information on how to book will follow…..wait out……

Over the past few months Going Postal and PUPS scenario teams have been working closely with action field Greece and Tippmann to organise Operation Medusa.

We will be arranging an organized trip to this event for any UK players wishing to attend.

The game is being held on a military base located on the island of Aegina. Aegina is one of the Saronic Islands of Greece in the Saronic Gulf, 17 miles from Athens.

The price for this 7 day trip will be £680 per person

Date 15th – 22nd of May 2013 (TBC subject to flight availability)

Included in this price:
• Flights from London and transfers to hotels
• 1 Night in Athens
• Ferry ticket and transport to and on the Island
• Hotel inc breakfast for 6 days
• Game ticket for 2 day paintball event

Not included are evening meals, Drink, paintballs.

You will need your own standard travel insurance that covers paintball

If you wish to be included in the SCUBA missions you must supply a copy of your diving qualification, up to date medical and log book.

A deposit of £250 must be paid by the 1st of February 2013 for all tickets.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212419212223872/
niallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2013, 11:27 AM #2
TheGraveDigger
My Darkest Fear

TheGraveDigger is playing at Living Legends VI
Sweet! Are you allowing Americans to tag along by any chance? I'm sure that isn't anywhere a problem on your behalf. I need some vacation in so just seeing what you all have in store for us. Would love to visit Greece while I'm there for the event!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niallist View Post
If you wish to be included in the SCUBA missions you must supply a copy of your diving qualification, up to date medical and log book.
Is this a side activity that anybody we can sign up for? I'm assuming this is for scuba diving and I have like ZERO scuba diving experience so I might not be qualified for this but very interested in trying.
TheGraveDigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:21 PM #3
Martello

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGraveDigger View Post
Sweet! Are you allowing Americans to tag along by any chance? I'm sure that isn't anywhere a problem on your behalf. I need some vacation in so just seeing what you all have in store for us. Would love to visit Greece while I'm there for the event!

Is this a side activity that anybody we can sign up for? I'm assuming this is for scuba diving and I have like ZERO scuba diving experience so I might not be qualified for this but very interested in trying.
You will need a diving qualification and up to date diving medical to take part in any SCUBA missions
Martello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:12 AM #4
Martello

Old 02-05-2013, 02:13 AM #5
Martello

This is the island you will be starting on. Attack boats will leave from the far side in waves and land on the beach, the first squads to hit the beach will be under fire as soon as you touch down, you will get wet, it will be intense.

This is the view of the island and beach landing area, the building you can see to the left is our first objective

There are quite a few buildings dotted around the base, many have tunnels leading out to silos or other buildings

Entrance to one of the tunnel systems

Network of tunnels
Old 02-05-2013, 04:37 AM #6
TheGraveDigger
My Darkest Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martello View Post

Are these ancient greek tunnels? Can't imagine that really.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:15 PM #7
Martello

haha, no.

Nazi WW2 tunnels

We have a few Americans joining us, Greek, Bulgarian, German, French, Dutch, English, Australian and Russian players to
Old 02-05-2013, 01:19 PM #8
Martello

Old 02-06-2013, 01:50 AM #9
niallist

We're all gonna gang up on the Germans*.

Come over, it'll be a blast, 2 days of paintball, 5 days of sun and beer and you get to see some old ruins on the way home. Athens, it's even older than Joan Rivers**.

*(not really)
**(probably)
Old 02-06-2013, 03:56 AM #10
TheGraveDigger
My Darkest Fear

I'm not a rich man but when I get a hold of the £680($1064.662596) I'll PM one of you then we can go from there.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:35 AM #11
niallist

Don't forget that includes the flight from the UK to Greece, it may be easier to fly into Athens from the States? might save some cash for you.

Martello is in charge of everything, drop him a pm if you need any more info.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:42 AM #12
Martello

The 680 cost is for uk players.
I know of 2 guys coming from the states.
Ticket price is 100€ for 2 days. The flights to Athens etc is up to you
Could cost more or could cost less. Depends on how long you want to stay etc
Old 02-07-2013, 09:11 AM #13
Argent ODell

We've got two for sure going, and a third potential (He's AWOL in Thailand right now, so you know how that goes )

We will be flying into Athens from Los Angeles on the 12th.
On the 16th we'll hop on a ferry to Aegina Island.
Dive day? Maybe.
Drink day? Definitely.
We're staying at the Klonos Hotel the 16th through the 20th.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gr/klon...FdLJtAodGxgAfQ

The Argent members going are all divers out here in Calif already,so Neptune Squad is where we're heading.
I'm sure this game will kick *** either way! DO NOT let being a non-diver sway you. (The dive will be less than an hour. Done.)
If you are interested, and on the fence, at least you know there will be other players from America. You are free to roll with Argent if you'd like.

I've traveled all over playing paintball, and one thing remains common worldwide:
Scenario players are all pretty much cut from the same loin cloth. Languages differ, but scenario paintball is universal.
You will have a blast!
You will make friends! (I rolled with Martello in Russia last year.)
ANY American who wants to do something totally cool that'll make memories that last a lifetime is free to tag along with Argent Force as we get hammered on Bloody Mary's on a flight to Athens!!

We're at:
Argent Force.com

Sling Paint Eternally,
ODell
Argent ODell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:47 PM #14
niallist

Look forward to meeting you mate.
ReplyScenario Ups