PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-06-2013, 04:33 PM #1
ColoradoPaintballer

ColoradoPaintballer is a Paintball photographer
Geo+ or Axe

I cant decide which would be better to get. Either a used axe or a used geo+. Ive used both and like them both for certain things and dislike certain things. Just seeing if anyone has a good thing to say or problems whatever, to sway me.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:45 PM #2
inferno2inferno

I had a crap time with my Geo, but others haven't so based on a sample of witnessing it work well for others I recommend it. The Axe is a solid marker as well, but it will likely be upgraded aftermarket so it turns into a gun you invest in but the cost is lower than the Geo in most cases to my knowledge.
inferno2inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:07 PM #3
dps093
My position=Deadbox

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Axe
Old 02-07-2013, 10:55 AM #4
sparklepaintball
Revenge of the Jedi

I've owned both, I like the axe better. I like the efficiency of the axe (9+ pods) over the geo ( 5/6 pods max). I might argue that the sound signature was quieter on the axe too.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:13 PM #5
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

I think the axe is amazing with a lurker eigenbolt or a boss bolt and an eigenbarrel. The geo feels better in hand to me and has a better board, but I think it's inferior in every other way.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:15 PM #6
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Only reason I would take the Axe is for efficiency. Geo+ in every other way.

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:01 PM #7
blueshifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklight View Post
Only reason I would take the Axe is for efficiency. Geo+ in every other way.
Lol. So you like louder guns? I think the axe is significantly smoother. The axe is a crazy reliable gun so the geo doesn't win that either. How about cost? Nope, axe wins again. So basically what you're saying is axe for all logical reasons and the Geo because PE makes it.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:14 PM #8
aresfiend
20% more *****in

aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
Lol. So you like louder guns? I think the axe is significantly smoother. The axe is a crazy reliable gun so the geo doesn't win that either. How about cost? Nope, axe wins again. So basically what you're saying is axe for all logical reasons and the Geo because PE makes it.
I'd like to be able to fully clean my eyes in less than 5 minutes if **** goes down as well as be able to service my regulator if I get to the field and realize that I'm shooting +/- 20fps after underboring.

Honestly, the Axe has sound, shot quality, and efficiency on it's side, that's it. They're both reliable (although the Geo can be fixed by the user quickly) and they're both made by reputable companies.

Now, my opinion. I'd say to go with the Axe if you can buy one that has some ups already.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:43 PM #9
blueshifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
I'd like to be able to fully clean my eyes in less than 5 minutes if **** goes down as well as be able to service my regulator if I get to the field and realize that I'm shooting +/- 20fps after underboring.

Honestly, the Axe has sound, shot quality, and efficiency on it's side, that's it. They're both reliable (although the Geo can be fixed by the user quickly) and they're both made by reputable companies.

Now, my opinion. I'd say to go with the Axe if you can buy one that has some ups already.
You see what you said? You pretty much put everything in the axe's corner, then said "that's it." Seriously, you can put your tongue in an eigenbolt'd axe and it is tolerable and it will pinch a paintball without chopping. You're worried about cleaning the eyes (which typically only get dirty from a chop) in a gun that can easily run without them? Some of this is funny to me.

The Geo just isn't impressive even though PE makes it. *mind blown*
Old 02-07-2013, 04:53 PM #10
aresfiend
20% more *****in

Quote:
You see what you said? You pretty much put everything in the axe's corner, then said "that's it." Seriously, you can put your tongue in an eigenbolt'd axe and it is tolerable and it will pinch a paintball without chopping. You're worried about cleaning the eyes (which typically only get dirty from a chop) in a gun that can easily run without them? Some of this is funny to me.

The Geo just isn't impressive even though PE makes it. *mind blown*
Lol, for someone calling us fanboys you're pretty butthurt about there being valid points against the Axe like ergonomics, ease of maintenance, a better board, and the fact that Geo owners can actually service their markers.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:15 PM #11
CptKaveMan707

Yeah my main reason I didn't like the axe was that I can't fully take it apart. I personally feel that for the price the axe is a better deal, but I would take the geo because ergonomics is really important to me and I don't like the fore-grip design.
CptKaveMan707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:45 PM #12
blueshifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
Lol, for someone calling us fanboys you're pretty butthurt about there being valid points against the Axe like ergonomics, ease of maintenance, a better board, and the fact that Geo owners can actually service their markers.
I never called anyone a fanboy. Ergonomics is so a word terribly misused that it will suffice to say that comfort is preferential. Ease of maintenance is kind of a stretch because cleaning the eyes isn't that big of a deal with guns that are easy on paint and the Axe is pretty gentle. I am also pretty sure I brought up the Geo board first too. I'm not butthurt at all, but the justifications people come up with for PE amuse me. Look, if you're a fanboy just say it... You like it because its PE. I am a GMC truck fan but there are faster, better towing vehicles but I don't try to make a case out of weak points to justify it.

Last edited by blueshifty : 02-07-2013 at 07:47 PM.
blueshifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:52 PM #13
aresfiend
20% more *****in

Quote:
I never called anyone a fanboy. Ergonomics is so a word terribly misused that it will suffice to say that comfort is preferential. Ease of maintenance is kind of a stretch because cleaning the eyes isn't that big of a deal with guns that are easy on paint and the Axe is pretty gentle. I am also pretty sure I brought up the Geo board first too. I'm not butthurt at all, but the justifications people come up with for PE amuse me. Look, if you're a fanboy just say it... You like it because its PE. I am a GMC truck fan but there are faster, better towing vehicles but I don't try to make a case out of weak points to justify it.
The thing is that when you get to the Axe, you can't just clean the eyes. If you get a bad break (Which happens, I know it happened to me when I owned an Axe) you have to pull it apart and clean the eyes off. I also had an issue where I wasn't paying attention mid-game and my detent unscrewed and I lost it so I ended up borrowing another marker.

Now, am I saying that the Geo is better? No. If you look above I said the Axe is superior, but you just seemed so defensive when people argued the Geo. Have I owned a Geo? No, but they're okay for $380. Have I owned an Axe? Hell yeah, and I loved it, but there were just too many small things like cheap screws stripping and my detents coming loose if I didn't loctite them and the stock barrel coming loose if I didn't put an o-ring on.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:04 PM #14
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
At the price point.... I'd take an axe over a geo 2.1 let alone a geo+

NOBAMA
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote