PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-06-2013, 03:36 PM #1
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Help with oldish centerflag inline reg.

I have a centerflag hyper regulator on my ans autococker. When I air the gun up it reads about 700 psi. The marker cycles fine. When I shoot, the needle drops to ~550psi and then goes right back to 700. I've cleaned the entire reg with rubbing alcohol, no oil. I understand oil with cause it to creep.

Has anyone experienced this and what was the fix?
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
UglyDuckGizmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2013, 04:51 PM #2
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
I have a centerflag hyper regulator on my ans autococker. When I air the gun up it reads about 700 psi. The marker cycles fine. When I shoot, the needle drops to ~550psi and then goes right back to 700. I've cleaned the entire reg with rubbing alcohol, no oil. I understand oil with cause it to creep.

Has anyone experienced this and what was the fix?
Oil will cause it to explode, meaning you would basically have a timebomb on your hands. If you introduce any oil in a high pressure air reg and fill the bottle to the point where it heats up (what happens on a fast fill), that little amount of heat, compressed air, and oil is enough to cause an explosion. You did the right thing by NOT using oil. Always use the recommended lube from the manufacturer.

After you cleaned the entire regulator with rubbing alcohol, did you lube the orings?
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:28 PM #3
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Just to clarify, this is an inline reg. Not on a tank.

From what I can gather, the only oring you want to lube is the piston oring. I used dow33 there.

Never heard of an inline reg exploding due to oil...I followed the instructions here

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=422920

The reg looks like this one

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3312147
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."

Last edited by UglyDuckGizmo : 02-06-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:34 AM #4
Parasite
Not Amused

Annual Supporting Member
Parasite is a Moderator
Parasite is a Supporting Member
Parasite is a founding member
Parasite is BST Legit
Parasite donated to help Peyton Trent
How are your chrono speeds? Is it shooting down during high ROF?

"When people get a little too chummy with me
I like to call them by the wrong name
to let them know I donít really care about them."

My oldschool PBN Feedback +48 Positive/ZERO negative : before the days of this "fancy" feedback system.
Parasite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:13 AM #5
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Prior to taking it apart to clean it, I could not get it to shoot over 200fps, and it was very inconsistent. That is probably a spring problem though. I built this gun from accumulated parts.

Next time I am near a chrono I will put the reg on another gun and see what it does, and put a known good reg on the gun in question and see what i come up with.

For now, I just want to know the proper way to service this thing, and what I should be looking for to get it working right.

Thanks for the responses so far guys

Old 02-07-2013, 11:33 AM #6
Parasite
Not Amused

Annual Supporting Member
Parasite is a Moderator
Parasite is a Supporting Member
Parasite is a founding member
Parasite is BST Legit
Parasite donated to help Peyton Trent
it sounds like you're doing everything correctly. I would also agree low velocity was probably a spring issue.

I used to have an old CP reg on an autococker of mine, and the gauge readings would drop 80psi+ when shooting. To watch just the gauge, it seemed horrible - but when chrono-ing, it was very consistent. So, that is what I was fishing around with my previous question - your PSI drop may be a non-issue.

I say get it chrono'd first, because at this point, it may be working perfectly, we just don't know yet.

"When people get a little too chummy with me
I like to call them by the wrong name
to let them know I donít really care about them."

My oldschool PBN Feedback +48 Positive/ZERO negative : before the days of this "fancy" feedback system.
Parasite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:46 AM #7
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

I see what you're saying. I'm not really concerned with recharge rate. What I'm confused about is why I can't seem to get it to adjust. When i was chronoing it, adjustments made no difference. That's when I decided to put the gauge on there. I can turn the adjuster from all the way in to all the way out, and it will stay at about 700psi regardless, which I suspect is tank pressure which would mean that either

A) it isn't regulating jack ****
B) I have the gauge in the wrong port.

There are three ports. One is labeled "HP IN" which is the input, one that says "200-700psi," and one labeled "LP GAGE." I put the gauge in the port labeled gauge, I think the other port is a burst disk or something.

Rob mentioned lubing o-rings, so I'm wondering if he knows something I don't (high probability). I'm out of ideas :/

Last edited by UglyDuckGizmo : 02-07-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:07 PM #8
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

bumping this in hopes of more help