Community Focus

Old 01-30-2013, 10:21 AM #1
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
This is the thread I posted on was old to be sure.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3592224&page=41&highlight=pew+mac hine

This thread was to suggest names for an upcoming BL marker, many of the suggestions where clearly comic in nature. The "Pew pew machine" or the "PPM" for short is but one example. Several phallic names were suggested as well.

I am not suggesting the behavior of others is a defense, but simply commenting on the atmosphere of the thread.

My post concerned the overly long name (pneumatic offensive system) whose abbreviation would be surely be used. I didn't suggest the quality of the marker was sub par or speak poorly of the original poster. My post was comedic in nature in keeping with entire thread not instigating as Trolling would suggest.

This is my first infarction. Please help me understand how I stepped over the line so it does not happen again? Thank you in advance.

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30

Last edited by 2pipes : 02-16-2013 at 11:19 PM.
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2013, 12:21 PM #2
spug
spuggles

Annual Supporting Member
spug is a Moderator
spug is a Supporting Member
spug is BST Legit
spug donated to help Peyton Trent
spug supports our troops
spug is Legendary
I didn't issue the infraction, but if I had to guess.....I'm sure it has to do with the fact that the last post in that thread before your two was August 30, 2011.

The marker has since been released, thus there is really no point in bumping such an old thread to suggest a name for something that has already been officially named.

I don't have access to see the post in question, but I can see that the infraction was for trolling, so it may have been simply the fact that you were alluding to the fact it was a POS. You may have meant it as good fun, but posts are seen by alot of people and it may have been worded in a way that didn't convey it as a joke.

Just guessing.
spug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:11 PM #3
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

I wasn't suggesting the marker was a ***^ SEE ABOVE rather that the acronym for (Pneumatic Offensive System) was that! I certainly meant no disrespect to BL in fact I have liked every BL I have owned. Vice x2,G6r, and Victory.

I can understand posting on such an old thread is frowned upon by some, but I wasn't bumping. I simply found the thread hilarious and posted a couple of times as I read from the start. I did realized the last post was over a year old because I hadn't got there yet. In fact the thread was closed by a mod immediately after I posted.

I am not trying to argue the infraction, rather understand it.

Calling anything or anyone a ***^ SEE ABOVE instigating for sure! Pointing out in an open thread, that a suggested name would be called the ***^ SEE ABOVE. I am not seeing the issue. As the post was deleted, I am unable to review it to see exactly what I posted.

Again I am not suggesting that I am right and my infraction was wrong, but what pushed it over the line? I consider myself a conscientious member and wish to stay far from that line in the future.

SPUG thank you for your response and the fine work you and other moderators do on PBnation!

Last edited by 2pipes : 01-30-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:01 PM #4
spug
spuggles

Annual Supporting Member
spug is a Moderator
spug is a Supporting Member
spug is BST Legit
spug donated to help Peyton Trent
spug supports our troops
spug is Legendary
I understand your frustration, and like I said, I can't see the deleted post either, so I was just taking a stab at what the reason could be. Could have simply been taken out of context, but the issue is that if a mod can take it out of context, then anyone else can too, and it could be deemed as offensive.

Probably have to wait for the mod who issued the infraction to see this and answer you.
spug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:02 PM #5
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

Thanks I will certainly wait, and thanks for answering again. Context could be it!

Old 02-06-2013, 09:35 PM #6
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

Patiently waiting. After reading the infarction notice I deleted it. Stupid me because I didn't agree with it at all. In layman's terms it told me it was "No big deal" just don't do it again. After thinking about my post I still didn't believe it rose to the level on an infraction.

What I am guilty of:
1) Posting in an old, some would say irrelevant thread.
2) Posting a humorous comment about a suggested marker's name.

I quoted the suggested name and pointed out the acronyms would be P.O.S. Most also know that acronym to by used for low or poor quality items. I neither suggested that the marker was of low quality nor that the post, poster, or the suggested name was of low quality. The thread in itself was very humorous, and In keeping with that tone I commented ( posted 2 or 3 times). None of my posts were intended to get a rise out of anyone.

I am not saying I am right, but I can't see EXACTLY what I posted! Please review the original post as only a Moderator can, and tell me where I went wrong so I can steer clear of that in the future.

Last edited by 2pipes : 02-06-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:48 PM #7
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Jokes are all about timing. And you posted to laugh at a joke from 2011, literally.

It was in good fun back in 2011 when everyone was teasing Bob about his unreleased gun name. However, bringing up a long dead thread just because you got the joke wasn't needed. You didn't have to spell it out for people. They got it a year+ ago. Now the guns out so its time to move on.
John is online now   Reply With Quote