PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-06-2013, 05:24 PM #1
Flip23
5PG Family

Annual Supporting Member
Clone GT Backcap release

So I just bought a GT today and it seems to be shooting great, however I wanted to test the safety feature of the backcap. I've heard mixed reviews about it and wanted to see if I could get a clear answer.

1. Backcap cannot be released while under pressure.

2. Backcap can be released while under pressure.
People have posted that the cause was from one of the following: Manifold seals, solinoid, pressure loss, leak?

My GT

So the marker shoots great, don't hear any leaks and w/o pressure, the cap pop's up nice and easy. Pretty smooth really. However while gassed up with pressure (tank has about 2500psi) I can push the backup cap but need to use a good amount of strenght (no tools, just my whole hand pushing up really hard).

Q. Is this normal, or should this never happen. I guess what I wnated to really know is this telling to a larger issue? Like number 2 up top?

Sweet marker man, love the ergo, smooth as ever!

Go Big or Go Home

Last edited by Flip23 : 02-06-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Flip23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:33 PM #2
Mark S.
CHOWDAH

Annual Supporting Member
Mark S. works for a Paintball manufacturer
Mark S. plays in the APPA D4 division
What you just did is completely normal. The pressure holds the back cap shut, but if you pull up with enough force it will certainly open. It's designed so it won't just open easily during play...it's something you have to TRY to open, and would never occur during normal play.
Mark S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:55 PM #3
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

I don't understand jacking with it like that in the first place... BL vics are the same way, sure with enough force you can open it.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:30 PM #4
Flip23
5PG Family

Annual Supporting Member
It was not my intent to try and break it, just tryinig to make a connection of if the backcap opens while under pressure, if there was something wrong with the manifold seals or solinoid.

Don't get me wrong, I did not have to force it very much, I guess I was embelising a bit, but you're 100% correct I believe it's held down enough to not open during play.

Just wanted to make sure the gun was functioning 100%. No room for hating here, love the marker, shoots awsome, can't wait to play!

Go Big or Go Home
Old 02-06-2013, 07:41 PM #5
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

The gun operates at ~100psi... That's really not much pressure at all. With 100 psi left in your tank you can depress the pin by hand. Again, the goal is for it to be secure during normal use.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:44 PM #6
Flip23
5PG Family

Annual Supporting Member
Thanks for all the feedback, just wanted to put it out there b/c they said you couldn't do it. But again, it does the job well enough!

Go Big or Go Home