Community Focus

Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 PM #1
pbazkid

pbazkid has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Nt11 vs Dm12

1. Smoothest
2. Quietest
3. Least kick

4. I have shot both, dm12 recently but nt11 has been about half a year since so I need a reminder of how it compares to dm12

5. What are advantages of bolt inserts on nt11

6. I know people say nt11 is unreliable and there are a lot of haters out there of it, so please don't just say dm12 and nothing else

Thanks!!

Also I am looking to buy one for $650, so if u can sell me out on one, I'm looking to buy this weekend
pbazkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2013, 10:34 PM #2
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
The nt is an ergonomic marker but it takes a good knowledge of how everything works and what individual changes do to tune them well yourself. They are also pickier on oring selection and regular maintenance. I'm not really sure why there would be an urge to pick one up over a DM 12 for the same money. Now, if you find a killer deal on one I wouldn't turn it down either.

The inserts are fillers for the dump chamber. The larger the dump chamber, the lower your operating pressure will be and the smoother the shot cycle. With the inserts in place you decrease dump chamber volume, which requires a higher operating pressure to shoot your desired fps. This is more efficient but has a little more kick. It comes down to the desire for efficiency, smoothness, or a middle ground.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:19 AM #3
tinopaintball

Annual Supporting Member
tinopaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tinopaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tinopaintball supports Team VICIOUS
tinopaintball supports Team VICIOUS
tinopaintball supports DLX Technology
both are high markers made by dye, they are fairly similar, you should be able to pick up a DM12 for a really good price. I really like the DM12 platform, no high end paintball marker should be unreliable, if you know what you are doing, it should never go down, unless the marker was designed with sub par tolerances, which dye markers should all have pretty good tolerances.
Vicious CSL #3 --- Candy red ninja 68/45 --- SEED Rotor
Etha --------------------Ninja 68/45----------- Rotor
tinopaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:11 AM #4
pbazkid

Thanks guys! Do both guns sound about the same? If the nt is not perfectly tuned but decent and which gun has more kick. I know most about everything else is the same in these guns
Old 02-06-2013, 11:55 AM #5
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
The DM has the signature puffing sound that is associated with most spools. The NT has a clicking sound to it. The Dm will still be smoother than the NT. The NT will be more efficient. The DM uses an LPR while the NT does not.

Personally, I think the DM is a better designed platform and will be more reliable than the NT.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:58 AM #6
pbazkid

Ok, cause efficient dosent matter to me, I don't use 10 pods per game and doubt I will ever, and I have no problem refilling after every game
Old 02-06-2013, 12:40 PM #7
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

I think the DM line is much better than the NT line. You can use an eigenring to bring the efficiency numbers of the DM up, but since you don't care about that then it doesn't matter anyway. The DMs have an LPR and are more tunable and IMO are easier to tweak in weird weather conditions. DMs are quieter, smoother and like I said, are just all around better at this point.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:48 PM #8
pbazkid

Thanks guys, I guess dm it is!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:21 PM #9
MaSsAcRe251
Traeger

MaSsAcRe251 is playing at Living Legends V
MaSsAcRe251 plays in the APPA D5 division
MaSsAcRe251 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
MaSsAcRe251 supports DLX Technology
Actually, as a long time DM owner and an NT owner for about a year, I can say that the smoothness really is about equal. If you've ever shot an NT11 with just the green flow tip (which is what almost everyone uses) then it is pretty damn smooth. When I first shot mine I was really surprised with how smooth it was. It really isn't any different than a DM.

Sound signature wise the NT is a bit louder. Has more of pop sound compared to the DM puff. I think this is where people get the misconception that the NT kicks more. Just cause it's louder doesn't mean it's not as smooth.

I'd try to pick up an NT11 for cheap cause you can find them for $500 and lower. Give it a shot and if you don't like it then get a DM12. I just love the feel of the NT over the DM line. It's so small and lightweight with just the single tube.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:25 PM #10
FriendlyNudist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSsAcRe251 View Post
Actually, as a long time DM owner and an NT owner for about a year, I can say that the smoothness really is about equal. If you've ever shot an NT11 with just the green flow tip (which is what almost everyone uses) then it is pretty damn smooth. When I first shot mine I was really surprised with how smooth it was. It really isn't any different than a DM.

Sound signature wise the NT is a bit louder. Has more of pop sound compared to the DM puff. I think this is where people get the misconception that the NT kicks more. Just cause it's louder doesn't mean it's not as smooth.

I'd try to pick up an NT11 for cheap cause you can find them for $500 and lower. Give it a shot and if you don't like it then get a DM12. I just love the feel of the NT over the DM line. It's so small and lightweight with just the single tube.
Just out of curiosity, (and please don't think this is in any way an attack) but i noticed you're getting rid of your NT. In your thread you said you were willing to trade it for a DM 12. Is there any specific reason why you're wishing to make the switch?
FriendlyNudist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:32 PM #11
FXBaller

FXBaller is for the Gunfight
FXBaller has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FXBaller has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyNudist View Post
Just out of curiosity, (and please don't think this is in any way an attack) but i noticed you're getting rid of your NT. In your thread you said you were willing to trade it for a DM 12. Is there any specific reason why you're wishing to make the switch?
Dm's are priced higher. That would be my guess, you know the whole "only trades would be in MY favor" thing....
Diversity #02
FXBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:33 PM #12
FXBaller

FXBaller has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FXBaller has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Well but it's got a virtue OLED and its a Limited edition...

So they are probably around equal
Diversity #02
FXBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:04 PM #13
MaSsAcRe251
Traeger

Pretty much because of what has been said. I'm looking for trades in my favor. Also because I've been tossing around the idea of getting another NT11 for cheap and getting a sweet ano job done on it. Even if I get rid of my current NT11 I'll be picking another one up eventually. They're awesome markers.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:32 PM #14
blueshifty

I'm sorry, but I simply don't agree that the kick is the same. The DM can be tuned via the LPR and when a slicker lube used or the bolt is polished then it allows you to adjust for the change (without affecting velocity).
Old 02-06-2013, 05:50 PM #15
MaSsAcRe251
Traeger

Well, to each their own. Maybe the nt you shot was different than mine. But after shooting dm's for years and now shooting my nt, I think they're about the same.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:58 PM #16
blueshifty

Honestly arguing perceived kick is an aimless endeavor anyway.