Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com

Trigger Finger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by shokertm View Post
People in the timmy thread are all ignorant. Im only coming in here when I need something. Same with dp threads. Everyone's an ignorant jerk
sorry dude but no one is being ignorant...... ths guy is posting about how his gun doesnt shoot as far as other guns even though it chronoing at 280 fps. what would you want us to suggest for him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR View Post

Ignorance you say?

My Gear Bag Sale!!! Click Me!
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:36 PM #23
shokertm

shokertm owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
shokertm supports Team VICIOUS
shokertm has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
shokertm supports DLX Technology
Wasn't talking about Op.

GEARBAG SALE EVERYTHING PRICED TO SELL
shokertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:49 PM #24
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shokertm View Post
Wasn't talking about Op.
You're the one making the baseless claims about guns producing spin. Show me proof and I will the first person to admit I was wrong. The impartial tests I have seen with a gun clamped in a vice have shown no difference in range or accuracy. High speed vids show that it produces backspin occasionally when the conditions are exactly right but it apparently doesn't produce enough to make a difference.

I'm not saying spin doesn't affect trajectory because the Apex and Flatline clearly show it does. I'm saying there is not a gun that produces such spin on the market right now despite what Alien claims and until I see someone prove it with an impartial test (as in not the one video of it working that was made by Alien) I'm going to continue to say that.

Planet Eclipse, Dye, Bob Long, DLX, all of these companies have very smart engineers working for them. If back spin bolts actually worked then why is Alien the only company with one? Every other major PB gun company doubtless has engineers that are talented enough to see the potential in such a thing yet no other company offers it. Why would that be if backspin bolts were so miraculous? It's probably because they don't work.

If you're going to call 2 entire boards full of people ignorant you should probably have some evidence proving your wild claim to be true.

Last edited by SKI008 : 02-05-2013 at 03:06 PM.
SKI008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:15 PM #25
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
You're the one making the baseless claims about guns producing spin. Show me proof and I will the first person to admit I was wrong. The impartial tests I have seen with a gun clamped in a vice have shown no difference in range or accuracy. High speed vids show that it produces backspin occasionally when the conditions are exactly right but it apparently doesn't produce enough to make a difference.

I'm not saying spin doesn't affect trajectory because the Apex and Flatline clearly show it does. I'm saying there is not a gun that produces such spin on the market right now despite what Alien claims and until I see someone prove it with an impartial test (as in not the one video of it working that was made by Alien) I'm going to continue to say that.

Planet Eclipse, Dye, Bob Long, DLX, all of these companies have very smart engineers working for them. If back spin bolts actually worked then why is Alien the only company with one? Every other major PB gun company doubtless has engineers that are talented enough to see the potential in such a thing yet no other company offers it. Why would that be if backspin bolts were so miraculous? It's probably because they don't work.

If you're going to call 2 entire boards full of people ignorant you should probably have some evidence proving your wild claim to be true.
+1
i havent noticed a single difference in accuracy between my buddies 2k11 indy compared to my g6r.

speaking of bolts.... ive noticed that the new premium pillow bolt has a sort of venturi style bolt face. i wonder how much of a difference the premium bolt face makes compared to the other stock bolts.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:30 PM #26
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

Probably not a whole lot.

I had an A-Bomb 2 summers ago and lost the internals to the stock (open faced) bolt on the field (no idea how that happened, somehow the screw at the back of the bolt dropped out and the ball and spring and screw were all gone) and I replaced it with a Bob Long venturi bolt a user was selling here for cheap. Didn't have to touch my regs or anything like that, the gun was shooting pretty much the same.

If it did make a difference it was a very small one. There is no magic bullet for making paint shoot better other than to buy better paint. All this talk about wonder bolts and barrel bores, in the end the biggest determinant on your accuracy is your paint.

That's not to say the Premium bolt doesn't do anything, just that the venturi doesn't (and I don't think it's advertised as doing anything).
Old 02-05-2013, 05:42 PM #27
going_home
Hebrews 13:8

Annual Supporting Member
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Exclamation "Because it still hasn't gotten weird enough for me"

Well apparently it was just my imagination on the distance difference.

Shot the G6R side by side with the Geo+ , both chrono'd in varying shot to shot between 280 and 305 and both shot the same distance.

http://s19.beta.photobucket.com/user...70216.mp4.html

going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:09 PM #28
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

Physics strikes again. It can definitely look like a significant drop, I remember when I went back to stacked tubes after spool valves for a while I definitely noticed the "drop". It's just your perspective, the ball is still traveling the same.

Last edited by SKI008 : 02-05-2013 at 06:12 PM.
SKI008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:13 PM #29
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
Probably not a whole lot.

I had an A-Bomb 2 summers ago and lost the internals to the stock (open faced) bolt on the field (no idea how that happened, somehow the screw at the back of the bolt dropped out and the ball and spring and screw were all gone) and I replaced it with a Bob Long venturi bolt a user was selling here for cheap. Didn't have to touch my regs or anything like that, the gun was shooting pretty much the same.

If it did make a difference it was a very small one. There is no magic bullet for making paint shoot better other than to buy better paint. All this talk about wonder bolts and barrel bores, in the end the biggest determinant on your accuracy is your paint.

That's not to say the Premium bolt doesn't do anything, just that the venturi doesn't (and I don't think it's advertised as doing anything).
well i was able to lower my lpr by about 12 psi. so apparently there is something different about it that works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by going_home View Post
Well apparently it was just my imagination on the distance difference.

Shot the G6R side by side with the Geo+ , both chrono'd in varying shot to shot between 280 and 305 and both shot the same distance.

http://s19.beta.photobucket.com/user...70216.mp4.html

see? we told you so!

Old 02-05-2013, 07:34 PM #30
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Finger View Post
well i was able to lower my lpr by about 12 psi. so apparently there is something different about it that works.
It's because it's heavier, the insert on the front gives it extra weight which helps the ram hit the valve with the same amount of force at a lower pressure.

Or something like that. It's got nothing to do with the venturi.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:51 PM #31
DMex
AKA: Ando

And the longest taint hair goes to????