Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-05-2012, 08:45 PM #22
Nomahsib

Annual Supporting Member
Nomahsib is an NCPA player
Nomahsib is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Nomahsib is Boss
Any ideas as to how to get the school to allow paintball guns on campus?

Nomahsib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:27 PM #23
Henrybg
Notorious

Annual Supporting Member
Henrybg plays in the PSP
Henrybg supports Cereal Killerz 2
Henrybg is an NCPA player
Henrybg plays in the APPA D4 division
Henrybg is Boss
Henrybg is All In
Henrybg owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
West Point has a full size regulation field and a snap cage that can be set up anywhere on campus such as club night where we invite those interested to see what all the clubs are about...also when the field is closed in the winter we use it to practice snap shooting
- Sandana Owner's Club - Marq Clan - E-Flex Army -
Henrybg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:20 PM #24
Freak36

Freak36 is an NCPA player
Freak36 plays in the APPA D4 division
UTSA is trying to get this in the works as well... curious how you guys got permission to use air/have scuba tanks on campus.

Also as far as snap cages go, did you build one somehow or actually buy a snap cage made by sup air or air ups or something like that?

Actual reball play (drilling against each other) and snapping, do you guys chrono down to 240fps or?

Next week I want to pitch to our Rec department and see if we can at least use one of our indoor Racketball courts as a "snap cage." They're basically fully enclosed, lights are protected... doesn't seem like there would be any issues using reball.

Thanks!
Freak36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:52 PM #25
zergdog
UWF Argos

Our college is next to the beaches so we have a scuba club, so scuba tanks on campus is very common. The club is trying to get a compressor on the campus to make things easier.

We shoot 230-250fps depending on the day mostly its 230 and for drills its 250. This inside a indoor soccer field.

As for lights being protected both our ceiling and let alone a racquet ball court is high enough the balls shouldn't ever really hit them to begin with unless you shot the ground or put it up and shoot.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...26299&type= 3
photos.

Also if not able to get one inside I know kee action is selling there's from the walmart promo event I believe i heard 1,200 but i may be wrong.
University of West Florida Argos #42
Facebook (club): www.facebook.com/uwfpaintballclub
Facebook (team): https://www.facebook.com/groups/168831949859585/
School site: http://uwf.edu/recreation/SportClubs/Paintball.cfm
PBnation thread for UWF: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3713436

Last edited by zergdog : 03-22-2012 at 10:55 PM.
zergdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:12 AM #26
mmayhemG3
Razin Hell-Paintin Faces

mmayhemG3 is for the Gunfight
mmayhemG3 is an NCPA player
mmayhemG3 plays in the APPA D5 division
mmayhemG3 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If your still looking for help shoot me a pm. Im the current club president and team captain so ill see if i can talk to some of our Alum and figure out how it all went down getting it set up here at Michigan Tech. Weve had an outdoor field since the early-mid 90's and have been doing reball in our Multi-purpose gym for around 10yrs (just a guess) but weve had no accidents that i know of. Its extremely safe and we get huge support from the other students on campus so that helps the university allow it.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:19 AM #27
zergdog
UWF Argos

Same here mmayhem, we had basicly no accidents except for 1 dude subplex his should ( he didn't know how to slide correctly and had a weak shoulder i advised him to not do it again) and the rug burn here and there since we has what i would call grass carpet as our floor. Only occurred to those who were wearing shorts. We tell everyone to wear long pants and long sleeve shirt.
University of West Florida Argos #42
Facebook (club): www.facebook.com/uwfpaintballclub
Facebook (team): https://www.facebook.com/groups/168831949859585/
School site: http://uwf.edu/recreation/SportClubs/Paintball.cfm
PBnation thread for UWF: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3713436
zergdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:21 PM #28
xmodfreak2011
VMI 2015

xmodfreak2011 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xmodfreak2011 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
xmodfreak2011 is an NCPA player
I go to the Virginia Military Institute and we're currently in the second semester of having a team.

We were able to get Commandant staff let us use the boxing/wrestling rooms for reball drills and we set up speedball at a piece of land the school owns for practice. We're in the process of getting a permanent field cleared by Comm staff.

We keep our gear in the trunk room, I don't know if you have one of those at your school... That keeps the Comm staff happy.

We get school funding, I'll know exactly how much next year, but it's lots. So try and get that if you can, it really helps.

Virginia Military Institute Paintball Club ACIC
xmodfreak2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:00 PM #29
Nomahsib

Annual Supporting Member
Nomahsib is an NCPA player
Nomahsib is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Nomahsib is Boss
Yeah, it became apparent at Nationals that some schools receive a lot more funding than we do. However, our biggest obstacle is still getting the school to understand our case.

Nomahsib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:13 AM #30
General Cole
NLD Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
General Cole plays in the PSP
General Cole posts videos on PbNation
General Cole is an NCPA player
General Cole plays in the APPA D4 division
General Cole is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
General Cole is Boss
General Cole supports Empire
We run tournaments for students on our outdoor field, and we're trying to get indoor setup... It really helps to practice. How do ya'll stake bunkers?
Old 05-30-2012, 08:41 PM #31
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

ncstatered21 supports Team VICIOUS
ncstatered21 is an NCPA player
ncstatered21 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromaniacs1 View Post
ECU has not, and will not for the forseeable future, been allowed to participate in any paintball activity on campus. Unfortunately, our administration and club sports office, as well as our PD, doesn't give us the time of day to discuss such things.

I envy any school that plays paintball on campus in any capacity.
I go to ECU and was like "no way on this earth would it happen at our school". HAHA. Their too busy buying up more land for more buildings and building a disc golf course...
ncstatered21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:20 PM #32
Team Misfit
Blue Thunder

Team Misfit is playing at Living Legends VII
Team Misfit owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Team Misfit supports Pev's Paintball
Team Misfit is attending Decay of Nations VI
Team Misfit supports DLX Technology
Hopefully when I'm in college paintball will be Big in college ! Just 2 years ^.^
56/45 Empire Ultra Light Tank
Indianapolis Mutiny New England Hurricane Portland Uprising
Dorito Player | Blue Thunder
Team Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:32 PM #33
pyromaniacs1
RIP 1016

pyromaniacs1 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstatered21 View Post
I go to ECU and was like "no way on this earth would it happen at our school". HAHA. Their too busy buying up more land for more buildings and building a disc golf course...
A while after we made that post, we sat down and discussed the possibilities of having a field on campus. They don't want us at North Rec, and told us that if we raised all of the money, and were able to remove everything (poles, nets, bunkers) from the fields, we could use space at Blount Fields. But I'm pretty sure ECU and Greenville PD's wouldn't be very willing to work with us.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:37 PM #34
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Quote:
A while after we made that post, we sat down and discussed the possibilities of having a field on campus. They don't want us at North Rec, and told us that if we raised all of the money, and were able to remove everything (poles, nets, bunkers) from the fields, we could use space at Blount Fields. But I'm pretty sure ECU and Greenville PD's wouldn't be very willing to work with us.
Wow really? Did you guys talk to Hodges about this? I believe he is the head of all the facilities now.

I wouldn't see what would be wrong with the far outer areas of the Blount fields being used. Is there a air gun use ban in Greenville like in Raleigh?

If you guys need help I work in the Rec center offices and can do what I can.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:54 PM #35
pyromaniacs1
RIP 1016

Quote:
Wow really? Did you guys talk to Hodges about this? I believe he is the head of all the facilities now.

I wouldn't see what would be wrong with the far outer areas of the Blount fields being used. Is there a air gun use ban in Greenville like in Raleigh?

If you guys need help I work in the Rec center offices and can do what I can.
This discussion was before Gray announced his change of position, but he was in on the conversation. As was Kathy, Janice, and Nance if I remember right.

I'm not sure about air gun ban, but the police departments haven't shown much interest in working with us in the way of "discharging a firearm in city limits/on campus." However, if this ever becomes closer to a reality, I'm sure we can work more closely with them to prove the positive side of things.

The problem is, raising our own funds for such a thing would be incredibly difficult with the current state of the club, and the whole idea of it being completely moved off of the field each time it's used seems difficult as well. But, we'll keep working to perform well, work as part of the community, and raise money, and keep our fingers crossed.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:40 PM #36
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Quote:
This discussion was before Gray announced his change of position, but he was in on the conversation. As was Kathy, Janice, and Nance if I remember right.

I'm not sure about air gun ban, but the police departments haven't shown much interest in working with us in the way of "discharging a firearm in city limits/on campus." However, if this ever becomes closer to a reality, I'm sure we can work more closely with them to prove the positive side of things.

The problem is, raising our own funds for such a thing would be incredibly difficult with the current state of the club, and the whole idea of it being completely moved off of the field each time it's used seems difficult as well. But, we'll keep working to perform well, work as part of the community, and raise money, and keep our fingers crossed.
I've been talking to Taylor about playing next year. Hopefully trying to help the team with stuff like this. I'm also the bass fishing club treasurer so I know the things that go on in the club sports.

The netting system does seem the most difficult aspect. But it sure would be dam awesome to get something on campus.

Hematoma ain't that far away though. I wish North Carolina fields could step up their game and get some big time tournaments through the area.

I also wish the Raleigh Town Council would try and recognize the market they are skipping out on by not allowing a field in Raleigh (oh and Cary where I live outside of school).

On another note, the North Rec facilities would be an AWESOME place to set up a field and host a tournament.

Last edited by ncstatered21 : 06-14-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:49 PM #37
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak36 View Post
UTSA is trying to get this in the works as well... curious how you guys got permission to use air/have scuba tanks on campus.

Also as far as snap cages go, did you build one somehow or actually buy a snap cage made by sup air or air ups or something like that?

Actual reball play (drilling against each other) and snapping, do you guys chrono down to 240fps or?

Next week I want to pitch to our Rec department and see if we can at least use one of our indoor Racketball courts as a "snap cage." They're basically fully enclosed, lights are protected... doesn't seem like there would be any issues using reball.

Thanks!
This is what I was thinking as well. I don't see the issue with that besides bringing the guns into the rec center.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:58 PM #38
pyromaniacs1
RIP 1016

Quote:
I've been talking to Taylor about playing next year. Hopefully trying to help the team with stuff like this. I'm also the bass fishing club treasurer so I know the things that go on in the club sports.

The netting system does seem the most difficult aspect. But it sure would be dam awesome to get something on campus.

Hematoma ain't that far away though. I wish North Carolina fields could step up their game and get some big time tournaments through the area.

I also wish the Raleigh Town Council would try and recognize the market they are skipping out on by not allowing a field in Raleigh (oh and Cary where I live outside of school).

On another note, the North Rec facilities would be an AWESOME place to set up a field and host a tournament.
They don't want us at North Rec, that's for damn sure.

As far as NC needing major tournaments, the NCXL is a new promising Xball league running out of NC. I've played three of their events so far and it's always great. But, that's not really relevant to this thread.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:32 AM #39
Jbob27

Jbob27 plays in the PSP
Jbob27 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jbob27 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstang23 View Post
We have 8 reball cages on campus and are allowed to have our guns. They aren't firearms so the camous police are cool with it. Everyone acts responsible with them and we have had no problems.
Sounds like my kind of school.

Zephyr Paintball
Vicious fan #463
Jbob27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:51 AM #40
G4HKidz

G4HKidz plays in the PSP
G4HKidz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
University of Akron just got a full reball facility in our field house. Got a whole football field to ourselves. If your still trying to figure this out look us up on facebook and contact our president and he will be able to let you know how we did it!
ZIPS#11
G4H
G4HKidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:25 PM #41
daveumasspaint
NEVER STOP

daveumasspaint is an NCPA player
daveumasspaint plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by G4HKidz View Post
University of Akron just got a full reball facility in our field house. Got a whole football field to ourselves. If your still trying to figure this out look us up on facebook and contact our president and he will be able to let you know how we did it!
cant find u guys on Facebook. PM me if you can
Playground Kids
UMass Minutemen
Philadelphia Fear
daveumasspaint is offline   Reply With Quote