Community Focus

Old 02-05-2013, 11:46 PM #1
bulldogg_pupp

bulldogg_pupp owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bulldogg_pupp has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bulldogg_pupp has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bulldogg_pupp has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
First time shocker buyer

Alright I've done some research thanks to all of the sticky threads here but I'm still not really sure what to do here. The sft seems like a good choice to go with but then reading different things about the Nxt model. Both are vision capable(eyes) sft eyes will work in an Nxt but then Nxt eyes won't work in a sft. One major thing I found was that there are 2 different noids so settings are way different such as dwell and all that. I guess what my questions are is which of the noids is better to use as in ease of maintenance, will my eos freak barrel work on both models, are most or all aftermarket parts for them pretty much interchangeable? I am at a crossroads as to what one to go for so I was hoping to get some advice on things to keep in mind when purchasing between the sft and Nxt models. I appreciate any pointers and advice I'm not looking to start a vs between the 2, I'm just kinda stuck and need expert opinions as to what I've stated that's 3/4 of my battle right now.

Shockers,Proto Matrix UL'd PM5, Shocker Parts, Halo FS/FT
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3962736
bulldogg_pupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:18 AM #2
MachineGunCrew
Never Say Die

MachineGunCrew supports Team VICIOUS
MachineGunCrew is Legendary
MachineGunCrew supports DLX Technology
1: SFT and NXT have different threaded barrels. SFT = "Smart parts threads". NXT = Luxe threads.
2: Parker and Humphrey noids do the same thing. One can just run at a lower pressure.
3: SFT's are cheaper in the current market right now.
4: SFT has 1 reflective eye. NXT has dual break beam eyes and will not with in an SFT.
5: SOME of the parts are interchangeable but only some.

Some parts that may or not interchange are:
~bolt kits/cans. Some have the open milling.
~triggers.
~feednecks.
~barrels.

Last edited by MachineGunCrew : 02-06-2013 at 12:23 AM.
MachineGunCrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:27 AM #3
paintball-kid0811

^this.

I just wanted to clarify though. Your EOS Freak Jr. will work in the NXT but not the SFT. NXT is impulse/ion/nxt/luxe threaded and SFT has it's own thread set (usually "SFT threads" or "Shocker threads").

Parker and Humphrey noids are very similar, and are interchangeable; however, on parker noids, the upper board is soldered to the solenoid body while the Humphrey upper boards plug in. From a maintenance standpoint, the Humphrey noids would be better because if you get board damage, you can unplug them and get a new board for 25 dollars.

Reflective eyes from an SFT will work in an NXT (you have to switch your board setting to reflective eyes) but not vice versa. the SFT is only milled for 1 ribbon so the break beam will not fit in the body.

NXT and SFT frames are interchangeable as well. Triggers are specific to either frame. Feednecks also have different threads.

I'm pretty sure most of the BOLTS will work in both guns, but some of the cans are not interchangeable. The stock and HE firing cans are closed, solid cans. The SFT has two vision holes in the side of the body. If you put a ULP firing can in the SFT, all of the air will just flow out of the holes. NXT is compatible with all bolt assemblies and firing cans.

If we're comparing completely bone stock guns, the NXT will outperform the SFT because it comes stock with an HE bolt. The NXT has more new parts still available for it even though the gun has been discontinued for 4 years now but there are TONS of parts available used for both. However, most of the SFT's in the classified section will usually have some pretty good upgrades and are definitely cheaper. When it comes down to it, it's mostly preference. I've only shot SFT's. I like them a lot because I'm weird like that. It's the same reason why I like driving my mk3 jetta. It may be a little beat up but I can make it my own for cheap and it has soul.

I hope this helps! Also, bookmark this site:

http://www.zdspb.com/tech/index.html

it is the definitive shocker bible
paintball-kid0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:13 AM #4
tyronejk
titular

tyronejk is an NCPA player
tyronejk plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball-kid0811 View Post
^this.
I'm pretty sure most of the BOLTS will work in both guns, but some of the cans are not interchangeable. The stock and HE firing cans are closed, solid cans. The SFT has two vision holes in the side of the body. If you put a ULP firing can in the SFT, all of the air will just flow out of the holes. NXT is compatible with all bolt assemblies and firing cans.
Stock NXT's have windows so ULP cans won't work.
tyronejk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:52 AM #5
bulldogg_pupp

bulldogg_pupp owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bulldogg_pupp has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bulldogg_pupp has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bulldogg_pupp has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Thank you all for the very informative things and I've made up my mind now after knowing all of the good information you guys have given me! Again thank you for the valued input on this stuff. I've been shooting my tank ul pm5 for the past few seasons so I know my way around a spool pretty well but after deciding to make a different choice on setup I did some research and you guys have all helped out tremendously to helping clear some things up for the better!

Shockers,Proto Matrix UL'd PM5, Shocker Parts, Halo FS/FT
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3962736
bulldogg_pupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:31 AM #6
paintball-kid0811

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
Stock NXT's have windows so ULP cans won't work.
Oh yeah my bad. I always forget about them because they're in a different spot and I've only been looking at black ones with black cans anyway so it's hard to tell. Thanks for clearing that up

As long as you be good to your shocker, your shocker will be great to you! They're awesome guns. Good luck on your purchase!
paintball-kid0811 is offline   Reply With Quote