Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-01-2013, 12:58 AM #22
Hebiki
Hebiki Design Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kork Tac View Post
We will be at ASG Saturday Feb the 2nd if anybody wants to Scrim some points hit us up
Kork...we'll scrimmage with you guys on Sat. 2/2.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2013, 09:43 AM #23
rudz
SPOOL VALVED VICTORY

rudz has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
rudz is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
rudz is Legendary
Looking at the entry fees and winning payouts, it doesn't make sense to play NPPL now, you barely make your entry fee back, what about the paint? Not to mention IDs, hotels and everything else? Looks like were only playing RPL, WCCPL, and probably a PSP event.
Ralph "Rudz" Uriarte #951 Facebook
PAINTBALL ADDIX
Action Star Games -Addix Paintball Store 909 370-2800
Da Luxe Mob/Sandana Owners/Ninja Club/Cali Ballers/Fat Ballers Club/Back Players Gang/Headband Ballers/Super Agg Mafia

rudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:55 AM #24
Ninj-ew

Ninj-ew is playing at Living Legends V
Ninj-ew posts videos on PbNation
From a D4 prospective it's hard to justify not making enough money back to pay the bills that it took to get you there.
But in my opinion the experience and potential for growth can be worth it. Most of us aren't playing to make money. A lot of players play small local events with nothing more at stake than a trophy.

Winning an NPPL event isn't easy to do so in most cases you wouldn't get your money back to begin with. But if the sport is something you want to grow into and you don't want to just play D3 and D4 for the rest of your life but you want to try to one day make it to the pro-level it's worth the money to play.

You'll get the Nation experience that higher level teams are after and if you do place well and show that your team has the ability to stick together and grow for the whole season, it will make it that much easier to get quality sponsors that help reduce the cost of playing.

It really just comes down to what you want. A lot of players don't have those goals to play at the highest level. And if that's the case then you're right it's probably not worth it.

You can also look at it like this. People take vacations that cost $1000's and the only thing they walk away with at the end of the day is an experience and a memory (I mean unless you pick up some crazy STD from a local), yet many strive to take those trips. It all comes down to how important is the memory to you?
Ninj-ew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:36 AM #25
Kork Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninj-ew View Post
From a D4 prospective it's hard to justify not making enough money back to pay the bills that it took to get you there.
But in my opinion the experience and potential for growth can be worth it. Most of us aren't playing to make money. A lot of players play small local events with nothing more at stake than a trophy.

Winning an NPPL event isn't easy to do so in most cases you wouldn't get your money back to begin with. But if the sport is something you want to grow into and you don't want to just play D3 and D4 for the rest of your life but you want to try to one day make it to the pro-level it's worth the money to play.

You'll get the Nation experience that higher level teams are after and if you do place well and show that your team has the ability to stick together and grow for the whole season, it will make it that much easier to get quality sponsors that help reduce the cost of playing.

It really just comes down to what you want. A lot of players don't have those goals to play at the highest level. And if that's the case then you're right it's probably not worth it.

You can also look at it like this. People take vacations that cost $1000's and the only thing they walk away with at the end of the day is an experience and a memory (I mean unless you pick up some crazy STD from a local), yet many strive to take those trips. It all comes down to how important is the memory to you?
Well Said J well said
Kork Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:37 AM #26
Kork Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
Kork...we'll scrimmage with you guys on Sat. 2/2.
For sure man been trying to get out there on sat theres only field and the 5 man clinic thou canwe get some time in ?
Old 02-01-2013, 12:38 PM #27
JD9940
Forever an AA's Fan

JD9940 supports Cereal Killerz 2
JD9940 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
JD9940 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
JD9940 plays in the APPA D4 division
JD9940 supports DLX Technology
Rudz you ought to know by now that paintball is not something we play to make money.
playing HB is for the experience of it all. do you think the thousands of players that make the flight to World Cup every year do so because they plan on winning all their expenses back? they go to experience the World Cup just like you should go experience HB

Action Star Games
JD9940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:41 AM #28
rudz
SPOOL VALVED VICTORY

rudz is Legendary
I've already played HB, lol.
PAINTBALL ADDIX
Da Luxe Mob/Sandana Owners/Ninja Club/Cali Ballers/Fat Ballers Club/Back Players Gang/Headband Ballers/Super Agg Mafia

Old 02-09-2013, 03:07 PM #29
Kork Tac

Ill be out at ASG event 1 to film get at me if u want alittle exrta coverage of ur team
Old 02-10-2013, 09:27 AM #30
Funny Old Guy

Funny Old Guy plays in the PSP
Funny Old Guy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Funny Old Guy plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninj-ew View Post

I like your perspective.

The thought of making money at this expensive hobby never occurred to me. It's taken me to Vegas a couple times, World Cup a couple times and local fields all over SoCal. I don't even wanna know how much I spent but I will always remember the experiences and the people I have met.

My only regret is I didn't even know about this stuff until just a few years ago. Wish I coulda got onboard 10 years ago. Even 5.
CEP Fan #96
Masters World Cup 2011 Topgun CFP
Masters World Cup 2012 ICU Mafia
Funny Old Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:38 PM #31
phant0m0

Annual Supporting Member
phant0m0 is BST Trusted
phant0m0 plays in the PSP
phant0m0 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
phant0m0 plays in the APPA D5 division
phant0m0 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny Old Guy View Post
I like your perspective.

The thought of making money at this expensive hobby never occurred to me. It's taken me to Vegas a couple times, World Cup a couple times and local fields all over SoCal. I don't even wanna know how much I spent but I will always remember the experiences and the people I have met.

My only regret is I didn't even know about this stuff until just a few years ago. Wish I coulda got onboard 10 years ago. Even 5.
Amen. Got into this a little late. Now I have to play until I am dead from it, or the wife leaves, which ever comes first.

Looking forward to seeing ambush playing 7 man at RPL. Should be fun.
phant0m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:18 PM #32
jamesrc1243

jamesrc1243 plays in the PSP
jamesrc1243 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
jamesrc1243 plays in the APPA D5 division
jamesrc1243 supports DLX Technology
killer

i saw that guy james on your team killing everyone man he is a hitman. where did this guy come from
jamesrc1243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:39 AM #33
Kork Tac

Good driils and Practice yesterday at ASG had some good matches with the Hitmen ty everybody that was out there HHH
Old 02-18-2013, 11:55 AM #34
PBFR33K187
paint<3ball

PBFR33K187 plays in the APPA D4 division
PBFR33K187 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ambush all day errday
PBFR33K187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:51 PM #35
Kork Tac

We will be playing IEPL this saturday at ASG to show r support to r boys at Addicts paintball should be fun come check it out and play event Two with us HHH
Old 02-21-2013, 04:27 PM #36
rudz
SPOOL VALVED VICTORY

rudz is Legendary
Quote:
We will be playing IEPL this saturday at ASG to show r support to r boys at Addicts paintball should be fun come check it out and play event Two with us HHH
Thanks guys
PAINTBALL ADDIX

Old 02-21-2013, 11:11 PM #37
Funny Old Guy

Funny Old Guy plays in the PSP
Funny Old Guy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Funny Old Guy plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Let's Grind!
CEP Fan #96
Masters World Cup 2011 Topgun CFP
Masters World Cup 2012 ICU Mafia
Funny Old Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:01 AM #38
jamesrc1243

jamesrc1243 plays in the PSP
jamesrc1243 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
jamesrc1243 plays in the APPA D5 division
jamesrc1243 supports DLX Technology
Gonna be out there with a infamous victory rare color and its for sale
jamesrc1243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:33 PM #39
rudz
SPOOL VALVED VICTORY

rudz is Legendary
Good seeing you boys at the IEPL,

Addix wants to schedule a scrimmage for our RPL d4 squad, hows 3/10 @ASG sound?
PAINTBALL ADDIX

Old 02-24-2013, 08:30 PM #40
Kork Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudz View Post
Good seeing you boys at the IEPL,

Addix wants to schedule a scrimmage for our RPL d4 squad, hows 3/10 @ASG sound?
I will have tocheck with Coach I will let u know tomorrow orthe next and it was a fun event ty for having us
Old 02-24-2013, 08:38 PM #41
Kork Tac

Heres a Link to the photos Fluffy from dailyGrind took forus at the IEPL this last weekend ty Fluff
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...45105&type =1
Old 02-24-2013, 08:46 PM #42
rudz
SPOOL VALVED VICTORY

rudz is Legendary
Trying to get Remedy out there as well since all 3 of us are playing RPL
PAINTBALL ADDIX

ReplyRegional Ups