Old 02-05-2013, 02:57 PM #22
speedy2k4
BSH University

Annual Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dayteam120 View Post
I dont want to start anything here but almost anytime I have an issue with the noid and its anything minor if you send it to dye their solution is just replace the noid...kinda fishy. Don't want to get off in it but I have noticed if the noid is in question just go ahead and assume its giong to cost you an $80 noid from them
Spend 5 minutes replacing it and charge a lot of money vs spend 30 minutes diagnosing/servicing it and charge less, which would you do if you were the manufacturer?

They make money of selling markers and parts, their services are a necessary part of product support but not a real source of profit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pipes View Post
Go to know. Might be one of those deals like with free brake inspection places. Always seems I need new brake pads.
Choose any random car driving down the road and I could find 10 things that are out of spec/should be serviced. Chances are they aren't making things up, though that's not to say your brakes will fail tomorrow either. Not much money to be made spending most of the day doing free inspections and then telling the customer they can go another three months. If you are actually paying for the inspection time, you are more likely to get an honest assessment. Of course then you are down $50+ and still have the same set of brakes that will give out in 3 months. Pick your poison or do it yourself, there ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:06 PM #23
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
You make a good point^. I hadn't thought of it that way before for servicing markers. As for car repair, not sure I completely agree. I am not a car mechanic, but if that many things were wrong with cars wouldn't by the sheer numbers some of them be major? I do see a few car give out on the freeway, but not the numbers you are suggesting. I know the inspections are to find the problems so I guess we could both be right? I could go a little longer and the mechanic pointing out a future problem.

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:11 PM #24
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

On a separate note my solenoid was fine! I didn't have the patience to leave it completely alone so I had taken it off the body of the marker. I even had taken the solenoid off the pilot valve.

Bad bad bad move I know, but I was careful and didn't damage anything. After reinstallation worked fine after stopping the leaks with new orings!

Old 02-05-2013, 03:41 PM #25
speedy2k4
BSH University

Annual Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is BST Legit
Hundreds of things can be wrong without causing a car to stop working. The powertrains are actually much more reliable and low-maintenance these days, so the amount of people stopped on the side of the highway is low. But plenty of people drive around with damaged/worn accessory belts, bad wheel bearings, exhaust leaks, poor alignment, corroded battery terminals, brake fluid that's older than I am, oil leaks, light failures, squeaky suspension bushings, on and on. Sometimes they notice things but choose to ignore them, sometimes they don't notice because they never paid attention. Most people don't crawl under their car once a month with a flashlight. Most people don't even open their hood once a month. And nobody inspects their oil and other fluids every time they fill up on gas, though the owner's manual probably still tells you to. But then again, most people don't even read the owners manual, which you will find after reading a few PbN threads is a common issue in paintball as well.

There are lots of shady repair shops, and the way the service industry works sort of encourages them to try to sell things that aren't really necessary. But some people assume that because they know nothing about cars and the technicians do that they are being taken advantage of. Often the same people that complain about gas being $4 a gallon while sipping their $4 pint of coffee. Fact is a 2013 Honda Civic is more advanced than the machines NASA was sending in to space a couple decades ago and I promise you it was a lot more expensive to service the space shuttle.

I apologize for the rant, price you pay for bringing up cars around me lol.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:50 PM #26
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

Owner's manual what's that? Oh you mean the the booklet that came with my car and another that came with my marker? (Where did I put that again?) Just kidding no trolling here. Me thinks you are right. Too many people don't read the instructions regardless of it being a car or a marker.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:57 PM #27
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
A lot of fields run lower air pressure like that. It's just a lot cheaper and extends the life of your compressor. They're very expensive to buy and a pain in the (_)_) to maintain lol.

Yes 6-7 pods is going to be your limit. More with the eigenring if you can get it to work in your gun. You may squeeze out another pod in the summer when you can really lower your dwell but this time of year it won't happen. Low air fills are the reason I gave up on Dms even though I love them. 3000psi is the max around here.
No I'm running a creed. I gave up on spoolers because we don't have the air around here to run one. I had to run from scuba tanks so......I started at 3000psi and it went down from there.

I'm also old and just need a gun that can sit for a month and work ....

Etek 3LT grey/black f/s
Valken Proton greyish/black f/s
68 4500 PE stubby, LP output f/s
68 4500 AIR tank(no reg) f/s
Creed/demon eyes f/s
MstrKey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:59 PM #28
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post
Hundreds of things can be wrong without causing a car to stop working. The powertrains are actually much more reliable and low-maintenance these days, so the amount of people stopped on the side of the highway is low. But plenty of people drive around with damaged/worn accessory belts, bad wheel bearings, exhaust leaks, poor alignment, corroded battery terminals, brake fluid that's older than I am, oil leaks, light failures, squeaky suspension bushings, on and on. Sometimes they notice things but choose to ignore them, sometimes they don't notice because they never paid attention. Most people don't crawl under their car once a month with a flashlight. Most people don't even open their hood once a month. And nobody inspects their oil and other fluids every time they fill up on gas, though the owner's manual probably still tells you to. But then again, most people don't even read the owners manual, which you will find after reading a few PbN threads is a common issue in paintball as well.

There are lots of shady repair shops, and the way the service industry works sort of encourages them to try to sell things that aren't really necessary. But some people assume that because they know nothing about cars and the technicians do that they are being taken advantage of. Often the same people that complain about gas being $4 a gallon while sipping their $4 pint of coffee. Fact is a 2013 Honda Civic is more advanced than the machines NASA was sending in to space a couple decades ago and I promise you it was a lot more expensive to service the space shuttle.

I apologize for the rant, price you pay for bringing up cars around me lol.

One word..........Lease LOL.

Etek 3LT grey/black f/s
Valken Proton greyish/black f/s
68 4500 PE stubby, LP output f/s
68 4500 AIR tank(no reg) f/s
Creed/demon eyes f/s
MstrKey is online now   Reply With Quote