Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-03-2013, 09:59 AM #1
ReynardHonda

Canadian eXTCy Firing Modes

I picked up a used eXTCy and I'm attempting to change firing modes. The CD manual shows 12 firing modes. When I enter into adjustment mode and subsequently firing mode adjustment (solid red), it would appear that I can only adjust between modes 1-7. For example I can pull the trigger 10 times once in the firing mode adjustment which according to the manual should be full auto, however once I pull 10 times and wait for the lights to confirm setting it stops flashing at 7. I can set any firing mode between 1-7 but nothing after 7. Note I can change dwell, BPS etc without any problems at all and get the specified confirmation flashes but nothing past 7 for firing mode.

I have performed a factory reset on the board and tried again but same problem.

I know that UK boards only have 2 firing modes, Is it possible that boards for use in Canada are limited to 7 firing modes? Doesn't seem to make sense and I can't find anything that would suggest that but thought I would throw it out there anyway.

Thanks in advance for any insight you folks have.
ReynardHonda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2013, 11:16 AM #2
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
UK boards have 4 firing modes.

Could it be an aftermarket board? Virtue's Extcy board only has 7 modes, maybe it has that. Of course, the light colors would be different...

Last edited by nerdcore : 02-03-2013 at 11:18 AM.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:04 PM #3
ReynardHonda

Your right the lights would be different and all lights seem to fall in line with what the manual says they do in the order it's printed in said manual. Although I haven't had a look at the board I'm fairly confident it is the Blackheart board since everything seems to follow the guidelines in the manual. I'm definitely stumped unless it's a faulty board.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:31 AM #4
GOG Paintball
http://g1og.com

GOG Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
We do not have Canadian programing. The first 2000 or so extcy's had the old programing on the blackheart boards and thats what it sounds like you have. If you would like to have the new programing installed on your board you can send it into us and we will reflash your board with the newest software. In the mean time I believe this manual should be close to the programming on your board. http://paintball.smartpartsparts.com...20M anual.pdf

Thanks
GOG Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:28 PM #5
ReynardHonda

Good to know and will do. Thanks for your help.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:20 AM #6
ReynardHonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOG Paintball View Post
We do not have Canadian programing. The first 2000 or so extcy's had the old programing on the blackheart boards and thats what it sounds like you have. If you would like to have the new programing installed on your board you can send it into us and we will reflash your board with the newest software. In the mean time I believe this manual should be close to the programming on your board. http://paintball.smartpartsparts.com...20M anual.pdf

Thanks
It seems I have bigger problems then just the firing mode issue. I had set the dwell for the recommended HPA setting, got the correct confirmation flashes, powered it off but when test fired there was all sorts of inconsistency. When I checked the settings again it seems it defaulted back to 5ms which isn't even the correct default time. I set the dwell again, proper number of confirmation flashes again, powered off but when I powered back on and checked dwell again it was back at 5.

Will sending the board in to be reflashed correct this or am I back at the possibility of a defective board and having to replace it? I have removed the board to ship it but if you could provide me with the details of where I send it and the proceedure to follow that would be great. I can't seem to find a cost for an eXTCy replacement on your website. Would it be the same board as the eNVy?

Thanks
Old 02-05-2013, 06:47 AM #7
ReynardHonda

Sorry, I should also note that the manual says to push and hold the power button until it stops glowing to save settings. I pushed and held for 3 or 4 minutes and it never stopped glowing so settings may not be saving. After the 4 minutes I released the button and it went off.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:48 AM #8
GOG Paintball
http://g1og.com

GOG Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Once you set it, count the flashes and turn it off, do not go back to check your settings because it will then revert back to default. Checking settings will revert that setting to default. Current Dwell settings are 17 with qev and 27 with out the qev on HPA. Let me know if this helps. Thanks
GOG Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote