Community Focus

Old 02-01-2013, 12:42 PM #1
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
NJEmortal posts videos on PbNation
Exclamation Axe Packaging/Case

I think Kee has sold enough Axes, and have enough pro teams using them to call them a success. My question is, why are they still only giving us a cardboard box to keep the marker in?

As of now, the axe is their high-end. It should at least come with something comparable to a gat-wrap, especially with their limited edition Axes: Infamous, LE PDD.

Anyone else agree with me on this?
NJEmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2013, 12:45 PM #2
bunkerking_13
SKNasty. Cole World.

bunkerking_13 supports Team VICIOUS
bunkerking_13 posts videos on PbNation
bunkerking_13 is Legendary
bunkerking_13 supports Empire
I dont think I've ever gotten a hard case or any case unless you spend $800 or more on a gun. I agree, though.
bunkerking_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:50 PM #3
Clark Gryphyn

On one hand, yeah, that would be cool.

On the other hand, that just adds $ to the price for everybody, when a large portion of users do not want a case because they have their own case or gearbag. (Or tools, or anything else.)

Need a case? Go grab a cheap camera case for $10 online. If it comes with foam in it, throw your gun inside, plaster stickers all over the outside, and you're all set. If it doesn't come with foam, take the pre-cut foam out of the Axe cardboard box and throw it in there with your gun, and then plaster stickers all over the outside and you're all set.

BUT maybe what they could do is something similar to other industries: Retail Box and White Box. Folks who don't have their own case and are willing to pay another $30 say, grab the retail box and get the swag. Just want the gun? Get the white box version, save some cash.
Clark Gryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:57 PM #4
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerking_13 View Post
I dont think I've ever gotten a hard case or any case unless you spend $800 or more on a gun. I agree, though.
Etek LT's and even the Etha at $350 comes with a case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Gryphyn View Post
On one hand, yeah, that would be cool.

On the other hand, that just adds $ to the price for everybody, when a large portion of users do not want a case because they have their own case or gearbag. (Or tools, or anything else.)

Need a case? Go grab a cheap camera case for $10 online. If it comes with foam in it, throw your gun inside, plaster stickers all over the outside, and you're all set. If it doesn't come with foam, take the pre-cut foam out of the Axe cardboard box and throw it in there with your gun, and then plaster stickers all over the outside and you're all set.

BUT maybe what they could do is something similar to other industries: Retail Box and White Box. Folks who don't have their own case and are willing to pay another $30 say, grab the retail box and get the swag. Just want the gun? Get the white box version, save some cash.
I'm able to buy a case, or even fab one if I wanted to. I just haven't had to in so long because 90% of the other guns I've bought, came with a case. Even more mind boggling than the Axe not coming with a case, is the G6R, but I'll save that for another time and another thread
Old 02-01-2013, 01:27 PM #5
suzukikid2112

suzukikid2112 plays in the PSP
suzukikid2112 donated to help Peyton Trent
suzukikid2112 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJEmortal View Post
Etek LT's and even the Etha at $350 comes with a case
They also conveniently fit into the same cases as egos and geos though.
Would I love a hard case for my axe? Absolutely
Would I pay extra for one? Nope
Where I play, just about everyone keeps their gun assembled and would never use it aside from flying to events.
suzukikid2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:11 PM #6
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzukikid2112 View Post
They also conveniently fit into the same cases as egos and geos though.
Would I love a hard case for my axe? Absolutely
Would I pay extra for one? Nope
Where I play, just about everyone keeps their gun assembled and would never use it aside from flying to events.
The etek and etha cases are completely different from the ego/geo cases, and each other. Etek comes in a squared off metal case with a zipper, etha comes in hard plastic with clips... Neither match the ego/geo cases.

I will say I do really like the little plastic spare parts box though Infinitely nicer than PE's ziplock bag full of rings.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:56 PM #7
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

ncstatered21 supports Team VICIOUS
ncstatered21 is an NCPA player
ncstatered21 supports DLX Technology
If they sold a case specifically for the Axe for a few bucks extra I would totally buy it. Even though I just finally got a gear bag. I feel like my guns cracks against other metal pieces in my bag and it scratches it. Kind of bothers me. But I would like to see KEE make a case specifically for the Axe/Mini. Hmmmmm wonder if I could sketch one of Solidworks and cut the foam on some sort of machine. Hmmmm.
ncstatered21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:17 PM #8
SD-Messer

It'd be nice, I like how the Eteck comes with a little zipper case but honestly I probably wouldn't use it. I have 2 gun slots in my bag for my axe and mini so I don't need a carrying case, but I can see how others would appreciate it.
SD-Messer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:08 PM #9
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstatered21 View Post
If they sold a case specifically for the Axe for a few bucks extra I would totally buy it. Even though I just finally got a gear bag. I feel like my guns cracks against other metal pieces in my bag and it scratches it. Kind of bothers me. But I would like to see KEE make a case specifically for the Axe/Mini. Hmmmmm wonder if I could sketch one of Solidworks and cut the foam on some sort of machine. Hmmmm.
The first minis came in a nice hard case, had a handle, locks even. I think that would be a little much for the axe, but I mean anything would be better than a cardboard box.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:02 PM #10
Buster Hymen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJEmortal View Post
anything would be better than a cardboard box.
Agreed but I do love the price...
Buster Hymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:51 PM #11
MaxFactor
...stay sharp...

MaxFactor is playing at Living Legends VI
A while back I searched Empire Axe Case on ebay. The result was pretty laughable.

There was one guy who customized a Pelican case to fit his Axe. Although those are around $150.

At any rate, I think the main reason for the lack of a legit case has to do with keeping the price point low. Although it would be nice if Empire offered an Axe specific case separately.

Last edited by MaxFactor : 02-01-2013 at 09:02 PM.
MaxFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:07 PM #12
PALMER77

PALMER77 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PALMER77 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PALMER77 plays in the APPA beginner division
PALMER77 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i just use a planet eclispe gun bag, and toss it in my gear bag
PALMER77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:22 AM #13
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFactor View Post
At any rate, I think the main reason for the lack of a legit case has to do with keeping the price point low. Although it would be nice if Empire offered an Axe specific case separately.
I think they keep the price point low enough by using a 1 piece 12" barrel that no one uses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALMER77 View Post
i just use a planet eclispe gun bag, and toss it in my gear bag
I use a gat-wrap but I hated that after I bought the gun, I had no way to transport it in my gearbag. Had to order a gat-wrap online, wait a week for it to arrive, and it's $30 more out of my pocket, + shipping.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:25 PM #14
wonderchicken

I use the Proto Gun case. It fits pretty much perfect, since I also use the Empire Sniper Barrel Kit. The other 2 backs I have in my Deadlywind Barrel Bag with the Deadlywind Null Barrel. The gun case also holds my extra 9v and my stock bolt when I'm using the Lurker bolt, or vice versa.

My wife has a G4 that she keeps in a Proto Gun case as well. She has the 2 piece Disruptive Paintball barrel that also fits perfectly.

I'm very satisfied with the Proto Gun case, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an aftermarket gun case.
wonderchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:24 PM #15
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
I'm not saying there isn't a case that will fit the axe, there are plenty. I just can't comprehend why it doesn't come with one from factory.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:28 PM #16
Tenit

$29.95 and I'm sure it goes on sale cheaper

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en
Tenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:41 PM #17
mattbrace
Dr. Isotope

I just bought a gun case off amazon for $20. It's for a handgun but comes with amp foam padding. It's what I'm using to hold my axe and its a hard case.

Edit: $15 just looked.

Last edited by mattbrace : 02-04-2013 at 06:56 PM.
mattbrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:05 PM #18
nhoj_yelbom

free briefcase
esd foam from work
=win

Empire Ball Bearing Trigger
A5-
Tech T Paddles, Aluminum Ratchet, Aluminum Piston, Tech T QEPH, Tech T ZKH, HE E Grip (custom software), Tech T Fang Trigger, Hammerhead Battle Stix Barrel, Dead On Power Tube, X7 Hopper
nhoj_yelbom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:17 PM #19
mattbrace
Dr. Isotope

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhoj_yelbom View Post
free briefcase
esd foam from work
=win
Lol can't beat free!!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:07 AM #20
alemondemon

wow, where can I get foam like that?!
alemondemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:53 AM #21
nhoj_yelbom

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemondemon View Post
wow, where can I get foam like that?!
esd foam is kind of pricey, search on google. you could buy the foam for gun cases also
Empire Ball Bearing Trigger
A5-
Tech T Paddles, Aluminum Ratchet, Aluminum Piston, Tech T QEPH, Tech T ZKH, HE E Grip (custom software), Tech T Fang Trigger, Hammerhead Battle Stix Barrel, Dead On Power Tube, X7 Hopper
nhoj_yelbom is offline   Reply With Quote