Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-04-2013, 02:26 PM #1
jcanady

Back into Paintball!! Need help picking a marker!

Hello everyone! I have taken a break from paintball for quite some time (played for Fat City) and I have been looking at different markers and I have no clue what is any good any more haha! Just to put this in perspective the last marker I owned was a Ground Zero Timmy with a Tadao board lol. If anyone has some suggestions on what is a fast and reliable gun lemme know. Thanks!
jcanady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2013, 03:07 PM #2
In-Hoc

In-Hoc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
In-Hoc plays in the APPA D5 division
Planet Eclipse Etha is a great marker. Not too bad on the pocket and just right for options.

It's not the WILL to WIN, but rather the WILL to PREPARE to WIN that will make the difference!

In-Hoc Signo Vinces!
In-Hoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:40 PM #3
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanady View Post
Ground Zero Timmy with a Tadao board lol.
You say lol, but a GZ timmy is still a competitive marker even by today's standard though it'll be heavier and less efficient than some new stuff.

What is your budget? The etha is a terrible option at it's price point IMO, so I'd discount that right away.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:51 PM #4
jcanady

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
You say lol, but a GZ timmy is still a competitive marker even by today's standard though it'll be heavier and less efficient than some new stuff.

What is your budget? The etha is a terrible option at it's price point IMO, so I'd discount that right away.
That gun would seriously rip lol. I would give anything to get it back. I also had an Alias Timmy but I got rid of it when I quit playing xball. My budget isnt all that high due to this will be a weekend hobby. I'm in no shape to play on a team like I did haha! The Planet Eclipse Ego was just coming out when I left the sport, how are they? Like an Ego 4 or 5?
jcanady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:03 PM #5
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

No such thing as an ego4. They start at 5. Egos are decent markers, but I prefer intimidators because they're typically smoother, quieter and more efficient than their ego counterparts. For around $250 you can get a protege which is a gen5 timmy and it is fantastic. The vice is the high end gen5 timmy and is one the best values out there. In the ~$300 price range you can also find rappers and closers which are inline poppets (from the marq series) and they are some of my favorite guns ever.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:26 PM #6
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports DLX Technology
Egos, timmys, etc are great guns probably in your price range.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:51 PM #7
PandasEverywhere

If you want to buy new your budget will be severely limited as far as markers go. If you buy new you literally have 100's of options, just make sure the people have a good rep. Lots of stuff on the BST on here so just check it out to see what's up.
PandasEverywhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:55 PM #8
Michael_3388
Redneck Paintball

Egos earlier than 07-08 are cannons they shoot like crap compared to any other gun out their. I owned a 05 so i can actually say from experience. I also owned a 06 cyborg, 05 infamous intimidator, and an own a 06 empire timmy. Personally if you are going for a used poppet valve gun i would say the cyborg is the best one for the price, but new you have to get a alien invasion. The alien shoots amazing and it definiatly is smoother than the egos