Community Focus

Old 02-03-2013, 05:39 PM #1
dominantgazelle
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo

dominantgazelle plays in the APPA D4 division
dominantgazelle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
dominantgazelle supports DLX Technology
Victory O-rings

I recently replaced the four 06 o-rings (both top and bottom) on the can or whatever it's called on my victory. (the part that shows through the cut out). I noticed that when I did it became really hard to take the engine out. It seems that I would have difficulty initially and then it would "loosen" up; however, after leaving it in for a while the same thing would happen again. Did I put in the wrong size o-rings? or do I just need to wait for them to break in or something?
dominantgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2013, 09:18 PM #2
StyngRay2

if they were the wrong size they would either fall out or be really really hard to push engine in. you can use 007's for a tighter fit but they sometimes get pinched when you try to slide the engine in if you arent careful. but if its tight when installing and removing i wouldnt worry about it...that just means you have a good seal.
StyngRay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:03 AM #3
dominantgazelle
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo

So it has nothing to do with Vic's needing metric orings or anything? Yeah it seems to air up fine its just a pain in the *** to take out sometimes. Good to know its fine though. Thanks!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:00 AM #4
StyngRay2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominantgazelle View Post
So it has nothing to do with Vic's needing metric orings or anything? Yeah it seems to air up fine its just a pain in the *** to take out sometimes. Good to know its fine though. Thanks!
only some of the vic orings are metric. those 006's are not metric, they are standard
Old 02-04-2013, 12:30 PM #5
dominantgazelle
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo

Off the top of your head to you know which ones are? I'm on my phone ATM so I can't pull up the blowout picture of the orings but if I remember correctly It didn't really state. It just had numbers/size
Old 02-04-2013, 01:28 PM #6
StyngRay2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominantgazelle View Post
Off the top of your head to you know which ones are? I'm on my phone ATM so I can't pull up the blowout picture of the orings but if I remember correctly It didn't really state. It just had numbers/size
if its a 3 digit number without mm after it then its standard...if it says mm after the numbers then its metric...

theres a couple on the blast guide (supercharged), 1 on blast guide if unsupercharged, back cap, asa to grip frame, 2 on the hpr shrader insert that screws into the body, 2 in the asa, noid manifold, lpr to body, grip frame to body, and noid to body. i think those are all the mm orings...but check the manual.