Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-31-2013, 11:09 PM #1
xyzyx00
Title

G3 TechT L7 HE bolt engine from ANS, caution!

For those who are unaware, TechT has 2 versions of the L7 HE bolt engine for the G3. ANS is currently displaying the newer version on their website, but still shipping the older, less effiecient version. The bolts are different between the older and newer versions. The newer bolt has a black insert, is a tad shorter and has a small black cap on the end... easily recognizable.

Just wanted to make everyone aware. I still haven't received a clear answer from ANS as to if they even stock the newer version... I'll update this when I get an answer.
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2013, 11:27 PM #2
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com

Trigger Finger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzyx00 View Post
For those who are unaware, TechT has 2 versions of the L7 HE bolt engine for the G3. ANS is currently displaying the newer version on their website, but still shipping the older, less effiecient version. The bolts are different between the older and newer versions. The newer bolt has a black insert, is a tad shorter and has a small black cap on the end... easily recognizable.

Just wanted to make everyone aware. I still haven't received a clear answer from ANS as to if they even stock the newer version... I'll update this when I get an answer.
return it, get your money back and order the right version from Yetipb.com. he is the best online store around.

ans is known to do that ****.

My Gear Bag Sale!!! Click Me!
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:49 PM #3
xyzyx00
Title

ya... I can return it, they obviously had no issue w that. I'm waiting on word back if they can get me the right engine or not. Just wanted to get the word out so nobody else finds themself in my same situation
Old 02-01-2013, 02:00 AM #4
CA_Tectonics

Quote:

Not to be a stickler on the details here but TechT only has ONE version of the L7 HE bolt engine for the G3 (and G3 Spec-R/G4 accordingly). The key being the HE part. The other, older version that you received is a TechT L7 bolt engine - no HE part to it. Just wanted to make that clear so there is no confusion or questions of "Do I have the most current L7 HE bolt engine?" If it is a L7 HE bolt engine, then the answer is yes. If one has the just the L7 bolt engine, it is the older version.

Quote:
ya... I can return it, they obviously had no issue w that. I'm waiting on word back if they can get me the right engine or not. Just wanted to get the word out so nobody else finds themself in my same situation
Glad that you are getting taken care of and, despite my attention to the fine details (see above), thanks for letting everyone know that ANS is shipping out the L7 bolt engine under the false notion that it is the L7 HE bolt engine.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:02 AM #5
xyzyx00
Title

L7 bolt http://www.paintball-online.com/Tech...L7DPG3-0X.aspx

L7 HE v.1 http://www.ansgear.com/TechT_G3_Bolt...ngineg3blk.htm

L7 HE v.2 http://www.techtpaintball.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3268

The HE v.1 and v.2 bolts are the newer, smaller style. The L7 is larger and similar to the stock bolt. HE v.2 has the black inner shell on the larger end and the black cap on the tail. V.2 has also been shortened just slightly, there's actually a thread on here where a forum member modded his v.1 bolt and found significant gains, TechT actually responded to the post, did research, and released the HE V.2, although they didn't change the name. I even spoke with Techt after my ANS issue who confirmed that I received V.1. ANS has both versions on their website and they have the same name L7 HE Engine which they are... but apparently they don't even stock V.2 and are shipping V.1's with both items.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:26 AM #6
jackblack73

Quote:
L7 bolt http://www.paintball-online.com/Tech...L7DPG3-0X.aspx

L7 HE v.1 http://www.ansgear.com/TechT_G3_Bolt...ngineg3blk.htm

L7 HE v.2 http://www.techtpaintball.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3268

ANS has both versions on their website and they have the same name L7 HE Engine which they are... but apparently they don't even stock V.2 and are shipping V.1's with both items.
That's wrong. V.1 is not called HE.
jackblack73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:27 PM #7
xyzyx00
Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
That's wrong. V.1 is not called HE.

I apologize. It seems the way these bolts are being labeled can be confusing and sometimes incorrect from dealers. I now see there has been:

L7 bolt
L7 bolt engine
L7 HE bolt engine
Old 02-03-2013, 11:26 PM #8
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
I apologize. It seems the way these bolts are being labeled can be confusing and sometimes incorrect from dealers. I now see there has been:

L7 bolt
L7 bolt engine
L7 HE bolt engine
This is correct and what I was trying to point out. The naming difference is with the "HE" in the name. The HE includes the anti-rollback, shortened bolt tail, and tail plug.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:23 AM #9
Yudanja

has been a member for 10 years
Thanks, I was looking into them and as confused. thanks
Yudanja is offline   Reply With Quote