Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-03-2013, 11:02 AM #1
Foreverflyhi

AR:K small leak help

Just received a AR:K recently used with minor problems. At first the leak was pretty bad, but after Replacing some o rings, tighting things up, I got the major leakage to go away. Now I have a small air leak by the macro line, under the for grip. The original owner says its the macro line, but I doubt it becaus I already changed it, so I narrowed it down to the mini reg, took it put and right away noticed velocity adjuster is missing (wtf) opened it up, noticed the ball bearing missing, replaced ball bearing with my 05 angel ball bearing(which fit) lightly lubed mini reg, replace outer o rings (not the inner, due to not having the right o rings) but problem still there.
Started thinki to myself and in the process of taking out the Marco line, it was seriously one of the hardest task to remove the macro line, it was stuck in there no mater what I did. Had to use some force to get it out. Was thinking maybe I damaged the Connecter? Can these be replaced?
Any thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks for ya time
Foreverflyhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2013, 12:36 PM #2
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverflyhi View Post
Just received a AR:K recently used with minor problems. At first the leak was pretty bad, but after Replacing some o rings, tighting things up, I got the major leakage to go away. Now I have a small air leak by the macro line, under the for grip. The original owner says its the macro line, but I doubt it becaus I already changed it, so I narrowed it down to the mini reg, took it put and right away noticed velocity adjuster is missing (wtf) opened it up, noticed the ball bearing missing, replaced ball bearing with my 05 angel ball bearing(which fit) lightly lubed mini reg, replace outer o rings (not the inner, due to not having the right o rings) but problem still there.
Started thinki to myself and in the process of taking out the Marco line, it was seriously one of the hardest task to remove the macro line, it was stuck in there no mater what I did. Had to use some force to get it out. Was thinking maybe I damaged the Connecter? Can these be replaced?
Any thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks for ya time
Def swap out the connector- take the bottom plug off and use a 2 Allen keys, not sure on sizes. Don't use vice grips- you seem like a smart guy....just covering that base. Lol

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:10 PM #3
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
Sounds like the macroline fitting may very well be the issue. If you want to be really sure, apply some soapy water to the outside of the fitting and air up. You will get bubbles at the source of the leak.

The macroline fitting is a standard 1/8" straight compression fitting - you can get one at any paintball shop. To remove it, remove the end cap by inserting a 4 mm hex key through the fitting and turning counter-clockwise, then insert a larger hex key (can't recall the size off hand) into the hex key flats on the other side of the end cap. Heating the fitting would be advisable. Then use the larger hex key for leverage and turn the fitting counter-clockwise with the 4 mm hex key to remove it. Make sure to use thread locker on the new fitting.
dr.strangelove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:38 PM #4
Foreverflyhi

Ok so I followed everyone's advise and still got a leak. Not sure what to do at this point..
Old 02-03-2013, 09:40 PM #5
Foreverflyhi

Everything except at thread locker...... Dope
Old 02-03-2013, 10:07 PM #6
dodgeballers_ia

dodgeballers_ia is BST Legit
dodgeballers_ia supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
Sounds like the macroline fitting may very well be the issue. If you want to be really sure, apply some soapy water to the outside of the fitting and air up. You will get bubbles at the source of the leak.

The macroline fitting is a standard 1/8" straight compression fitting - you can get one at any paintball shop. To remove it, remove the end cap by inserting a 4 mm hex key through the fitting and turning counter-clockwise, then insert a larger hex key (can't recall the size off hand) into the hex key flats on the other side of the end cap. Heating the fitting would be advisable. Then use the larger hex key for leverage and turn the fitting counter-clockwise with the 4 mm hex key to remove it. Make sure to use thread locker on the new fitting.
10mm for the larger hex key.
dodgeballers_ia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:45 PM #7
Foreverflyhi

The arks do not have a "large" hex hole like other angels. Here's a example, to your right thats a 05speed Forgrip cap, notice a hex 3/8 behind it. To your left is the ark Forgrip cap which does not have a large hex fitting like the 05. Had to use a wrench and at one point vice grips for a better hold.took a hell of a lot of force and time to get it out. (no worries, minimal scratches)

Old 02-03-2013, 11:48 PM #8
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
Ahh, right. I forgot they went to wrench flats. Same principle though - glad you got it sorted out.

*edit* Make sure you're using metric hex keys rather than standard. Even if they seem to fit, the standard keys are not identical in size and you will have a much, much greater chance of stripping something.

Last edited by dr.strangelove : 02-03-2013 at 11:55 PM.
dr.strangelove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:03 AM #9
Foreverflyhi

Yea I did think of that, I chanced it and everything seems fine, need to go to hardware store and pick up some new tools.