Old 01-29-2013, 04:48 PM #1912
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranman106 View Post
That I don't know. I'm thinking of degassing the tank, removing the bonnet and pin valve, cleaning everything, relubing and refilling it again.
F8al brings up a good point but the pressure should not drop that much, unless you didnt get a full 3k fill. When you get a hot fill, as the tank cools down, you will lose roughly 300-500psi.

I dont think cleaing/relubing will fix this issue. It sounds like there is something else goin on as its an odd occurrence to get full 3k fills on 2 tanks and not on the Ninja.

I recommend getting a fill. Record the reading on your gauge. Let the tank sit for about 5 min to allow it to cool down. Record the reading again. Now submerge the entire regulator underwater to see if any bubbles are coming out. That will tell us if you have a leak or not. Let us know what you find and we can go from there. You can also call us at 877-646-5287 and anyone that answers the phone should be able to help you out or get you a quicker answer.
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 01-29-2013, 07:11 PM #1913
ranman106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
F8al brings up a good point but the pressure should not drop that much, unless you didnt get a full 3k fill. When you get a hot fill, as the tank cools down, you will lose roughly 300-500psi.

I dont think cleaing/relubing will fix this issue. It sounds like there is something else goin on as its an odd occurrence to get full 3k fills on 2 tanks and not on the Ninja.

I recommend getting a fill. Record the reading on your gauge. Let the tank sit for about 5 min to allow it to cool down. Record the reading again. Now submerge the entire regulator underwater to see if any bubbles are coming out. That will tell us if you have a leak or not. Let us know what you find and we can go from there. You can also call us at 877-646-5287 and anyone that answers the phone should be able to help you out or get you a quicker answer.
Thanks for the info. I'll get another fill and follow the steps you laid out. It might take a few weeks to get around to it. Closest fill is @50 miles from me so I wait until I am out of air.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:01 AM #1914
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I'll get another fill and follow the steps you laid out. It might take a few weeks to get around to it. Closest fill is @50 miles from me so I wait until I am out of air.
ouch. thats a long ways to go for a fill. do you have any dive shops close to you? with you being located on the coast, there's a good chance you can get a fill at a local dive center/shop.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 01-30-2013, 10:07 AM #1915
dirtraven

has been a member for 10 years
dirtraven is playing at Living Legends VII
dirtraven owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dirtraven supports Team VICIOUS
I tried swapping my original bonnet out from my regular grey ghost tank (born 2011) to an Aluminum bonnet (single o-ring) and it leaks from the pin. The white o-ring is in the alum bonnet (it's not the 'Pro' bonnet). I switch it back to the original bonnet and no leaks.

Isn't the alum one: "Fits 3000 psi and 4500 psi Ninja regulators"
Old 01-30-2013, 11:14 AM #1916
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER

f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtraven View Post
I tried swapping my original bonnet out from my regular grey ghost tank (born 2011) to an Aluminum bonnet (single o-ring) and it leaks from the pin. The white o-ring is in the alum bonnet (it's not the 'Pro' bonnet). I switch it back to the original bonnet and no leaks.

Isn't the alum one: "Fits 3000 psi and 4500 psi Ninja regulators"
Hey dirtraven, have you tried removing the white teflon oring from the aluminum bonnet you want to use and then flipping it over? That has often worked for me in the past. Otherwise you could always use the teflon oring from the bonnet you are replacing if that one works for sure.

To answer your other question, the standard and UL bonnets are able to be used on any of the regs Ninja manufactures, with the exception of the PRO regs as those use their own bonnet.
Email Me For All Your Paintball Needs

My posts are my thoughts and mine alone and should be interpreted as such. They do not reflect the company I work for or any companies I represent.

Last edited by f8al : 01-30-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:42 AM #1917
ranman106

Quote:
ouch. thats a long ways to go for a fill. do you have any dive shops close to you? with you being located on the coast, there's a good chance you can get a fill at a local dive center/shop.
I had the three tanks filled at a dive shop. Problem is, it's 50 miles away! LOL!
Old 01-30-2013, 12:09 PM #1918
dirtraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by f8al View Post
Hey dirtraven, have you tried removing the white teflon oring from the aluminum bonnet you want to use and then flipping it over? That has often worked for me in the past. Otherwise you could always use the teflon oring from the bonnet you are replacing if that one works for sure.

To answer your other question, the standard and UL bonnets are able to be used on any of the regs Ninja manufactures, with the exception of the PRO regs as those use their own bonnet.
I just figure since it was brand new the o-ring was good in the UL bonnet. I'll give that a try the next time I play since I'll have a way to fill it. I didn't bother thinking of that since I was replacing it on the field when it was 20F with wind chill of 5F.

Good Ole Autococker

Red Camo/Blackened GTi
Old 01-30-2013, 12:54 PM #1919
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
I just figure since it was brand new the o-ring was good in the UL bonnet. I'll give that a try the next time I play since I'll have a way to fill it. I didn't bother thinking of that since I was replacing it on the field when it was 20F with wind chill of 5F.
hey dirtraven. Sometimes orings can do what we call a slow seal, meaning it takes a fill or two for everything to settle in and not leak.

Nice thing about pin valve leaks is as long as you have the air system attached to your marker and your marker is not leaking, you wont loose any air. If this continues to happen though, give me a call at 877-646-5287 and we can try and help you out.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 01-30-2013, 12:55 PM #1920
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
I had the three tanks filled at a dive shop. Problem is, it's 50 miles away! LOL!
we need to get you to move to Chicago. the furthest we drive is about 30 min for a fill, depending on where you're at.

not to rub it in or anything
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 01-30-2013, 01:33 PM #1921
dirtraven

Quote:
hey dirtraven. Sometimes orings can do what we call a slow seal, meaning it takes a fill or two for everything to settle in and not leak.

Nice thing about pin valve leaks is as long as you have the air system attached to your marker and your marker is not leaking, you wont loose any air. If this continues to happen though, give me a call at 877-646-5287 and we can try and help you out.
Yeah, it was fine when it was on the marker. I basically played til I ran down the pressure and switched it back to the old one. I'll try the flip over the new o-ring first b4 I bother you. Easier to do at the field with unlimited filling

Good Ole Autococker

Red Camo/Blackened GTi
Old 01-30-2013, 02:15 PM #1922
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Yeah, it was fine when it was on the marker. I basically played til I ran down the pressure and switched it back to the old one. I'll try the flip over the new o-ring first b4 I bother you. Easier to do at the field with unlimited filling
unlimited fills are a beautiful thing

ok, let me know what happens. I want to make sure we take care of this issue for you.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 01-31-2013, 10:16 AM #1923
UnrealS7
Get Some!

Annual Supporting Member
UnrealS7 is BST Legit
UnrealS7 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
UnrealS7 supports Team VICIOUS
UnrealS7 supports Team VICIOUS
UnrealS7 supports DLX Technology
UnrealS7 supports Empire
Soooo my ninja pro reg is leaking from the pin? How do I service or remedy this leak?

Luxe Mob

Old 01-31-2013, 11:16 AM #1924
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealS7 View Post
Soooo my ninja pro reg is leaking from the pin? How do I service or remedy this leak?
How fast is the leak and is it a new reg?

If its new, it may take a fill or two for the seals to settle in and seal up but that is rare. You can try degassing the bottle and flipping the small white teflon oring on the inside of the top of the bonnet upside down. That will usually take care of that issue.

If its used, you may want to try giving the reg a cleaning by degassing bottle, removing bonnet, remove the piston, remove the small white teflon oring on the inside of the top of the bonnet, clean pocket it was sitting in with a cotton swab, put oring in upside down, reassemble, gas up and see if the leak still occurs.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 01-31-2013, 10:59 PM #1925
MisplacedHead

Hey Rob, quick question. I had asked about my tank leaking at 500 PSI in the page before, and people said it was normal. Before i read the reply i put some teflon tape on the 2 screw looking things on the side of the gauge/fill nipple. Should i remove that? or is it ok to leave it alone?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:09 AM #1926
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisplacedHead View Post
Hey Rob, quick question. I had asked about my tank leaking at 500 PSI in the page before, and people said it was normal. Before i read the reply i put some teflon tape on the 2 screw looking things on the side of the gauge/fill nipple. Should i remove that? or is it ok to leave it alone?
If the pressure gets low enough in your bottle for the seals not to seal up, it is possible the reg will vent between the bonnet and reg body at lower pressures in the tank.

If you are stating you added thread sealant tape on the 2 grub screws that screw into either side of the bonnet, you need to remove that stuff immediately. You dont want the tape working its way into your regulator.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 02-02-2013, 01:45 PM #1927
Loading Memory
Member of TKO

Loading Memory is playing at Living Legends VI
Loading Memory owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Loading Memory supports Team VICIOUS
Loading Memory supports Team VICIOUS
Loading Memory has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Tank Problem

I dropped my gun fell today and my tank hit the ground first and the outer coating is broken but not the carbon fiber. but when i shoot their is a rattling in my tank when i shoot but not when i shake it.

Is this still safe?
If not is this covered?
WHAT DO I DO?

I have a event next weekend i need to play!!!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:10 PM #1928
Blitchy

Annual Supporting Member
Blitchy helped look for balloons
Blitchy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Blitchy supports Team VICIOUS
Blitchy supports Team VICIOUS
Blitchy is for the Gunfight
Blitchy is attending Decay of Nations VI
well 2 questions

First i had to buy a new Ninja regulator because the other one wouldn't stop leaking from the pin its less then 6 months old, i've used 2 different teflon orings, recently changed out orings and the teflon oring to no avail.

So today i bought (had to) a ultralight ninja reg i need it to be 450 psi, i removed the 2 red shims which says 500 if i remove one silver will that take it to approx 450ish?, i can have lower then 450 just not higher..
Old 02-03-2013, 03:44 PM #1929
iquadra
BucK NastY

I need to replace my pin valve seat o-ring due to a leak, what size is the o-ring and will a standard buna o-ring work as a replacement?

Proudly Sponsored By: Boneyard Paintball & Exalt
Old 02-03-2013, 03:47 PM #1930
Ego_Trip
✚ TK Crew ✚

Ego_Trip supports Team VICIOUS
Ego_Trip is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
How fast is the leak and is it a new reg?

If its new, it may take a fill or two for the seals to settle in and seal up but that is rare. You can try degassing the bottle and flipping the small white teflon oring on the inside of the top of the bonnet upside down. That will usually take care of that issue.

If its used, you may want to try giving the reg a cleaning by degassing bottle, removing bonnet, remove the piston, remove the small white teflon oring on the inside of the top of the bonnet, clean pocket it was sitting in with a cotton swab, put oring in upside down, reassemble, gas up and see if the leak still occurs.
So I'm having the same issue as above. I even replaced that small o-ring and filled it a couple different times. Different piston; all from a brand new rebuild kit and still leaking out the top. Any ideas at this point?
Old 02-03-2013, 06:11 PM #1931
HeadHunter59
MidWest-Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
HeadHunter59 supports Cereal Killerz 2
HeadHunter59 donated to help Peyton Trent
HeadHunter59 is playing at Living Legends VII
HeadHunter59 supports Bob Gurnsey
HeadHunter59 supports our troops
HeadHunter59 is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitchy View Post
well 2 questions

First i had to buy a new Ninja regulator because the other one wouldn't stop leaking from the pin its less then 6 months old, i've used 2 different teflon orings, recently changed out orings and the teflon oring to no avail.

So today i bought (had to) a ultralight ninja reg i need it to be 450 psi, i removed the 2 red shims which says 500 if i remove one silver will that take it to approx 450ish?, i can have lower then 450 just not higher..

Just take all the shims out if its for your g6r. You will be fine.

Rob still waiting on the 77 Orange dura tank. Need to match my new toy
Russian Legion Fan Club Member #169
Russian Legion Love Club#19
ASMC
∅♦♦♦∅ OldSchool Trust! +23/0/0∅♦♦♦∅ IOG Feedback +4/0/0∅♦♦♦∅
∅♦♦♦∅Monster Ninja SLP tank sale!∅♦♦♦∅]∅♦♦♦∅
Old 02-04-2013, 02:06 PM #1932
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loading Memory View Post
I dropped my gun fell today and my tank hit the ground first and the outer coating is broken but not the carbon fiber. but when i shoot their is a rattling in my tank when i shoot but not when i shake it.

Is this still safe?
If not is this covered?
WHAT DO I DO?

I have a event next weekend i need to play!!!
Hey Loading Memory. If any damage was done to the regulator after it had been dropped, it would not be covered under warranty or deemed a manufacturer's defect. I wouldnt be able to cover it.

im having issues deciphering your second sentence. If you hear a rattling when you shake the bottle and there is no air inside, that is the fill nipple rivet moving back and forth. Once you put pressure inside, it wont rattle. If you're hearing a rattling with pressure in the bottle, Im wondering if the restrictor came out of the bottom part of your regulator when it was dropped. If so, you can safely use the system but I wont know for sure what it is until you ship us the system for us to open up and inspect.

If you like, you can call us at 877-646-5287 and anyone that answers the phone can help you out. Let them know the issue and that you need us to inspect whatever the rattling sound is and we can issue you an RA# to have you send it to us. We can also do a visual inspection of the cylinder, just to make sure it is still 100% safe to use. If you send us your system, make sure to list on the paperwork or note to inspect the bottle where the missing gel coat is to let you know if its safe or not.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Closed Thread