xOakley
* NITRO *

Annual Supporting Member
xOakley plays in the APPA D4 division
xOakley has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
xOakley is attending Decay of Nations VII
xOakley supports DLX Technology
Pump tournaments in the south

You can skip these first two paragraphs if its too much, just a little background/ story.
----------
Hey guys, I've been a long time player who has been in and out of the sport thanks to school and money. Recently I have been playing more then ever and adding to my collection of guns that I have had for years.

Well a little while back I took in a cheap nightkast pump in part of a trade with all intentions to sell it. I had never played pump and had no desire to. I brought it to the field one weekend because someone was interested in buying it but they never showed. I had a pod of paint and deiced what the heck, ill play some woods wall with the pump and what paint I had. I had a blast! When I got my first snapshot on a guy who was ramping I felt like I was on top of the world. The pump bug had bitten me, and bitten hard!

tl;dr: Tried pump for the first time and fell in love

----------

OK so my question is this...
I live in Georgia and can't seem to find any pump tournaments for me to try. Are there any near GA? I've bought a nice S6 and been smacking kids in woodsball for a while now, i'm ready for more of a challenge.

Thanks in advance

WTB: Shocker Clear Can
xOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2013, 09:00 PM #2
atlanta88
stock class

Pmd
Our Phather, who art in Oregon,hallowed be thy name. The game shall be won, by your perfect gun in the woods as it is indoors. Give us this day our Nelson valvetrains. And forgive us our autotriggering, as we forgive those who autotrigger against us. And lead us not into semiautos, but deliver us from electros. For thine is the 12 gram, the 10 round tube, and the pump action, for ever and ever. Amen.
atlanta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:55 AM #3
Bump_Pitch

Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If you can make he trip, they have pump tournaments at pbc Charlotte
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:07 PM #4
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

You might want to talk to these gentlemen: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post77893205
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:55 PM #5
paintballoliver

paintballoliver plays in the PSP
paintballoliver is playing at Living Legends VI
paintballoliver plays in the APPA D5 division
paintballoliver has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Unfortunately from what I have noticed there are almost no pump players in the south, or at least Texas. I am the only pump player at any of the three fields I go to...everyone else is ramping
Old 02-02-2013, 06:49 PM #6
thekyleaggie
YOU SEE THIS KNIFE...!?!

Annual Supporting Member
thekyleaggie owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
thekyleaggie owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
thekyleaggie has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Untrue. There is a solid group of pumpers around Houstpn, specifically at TxR paintball field in Cypress. I play with them on occasion and they're solid guys (some work at the field).

“After all, what is every man? A horde of ghosts... oaks that were acorns that were oaks...”
― Walter de la Mare
thekyleaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:26 PM #7
MaxCool

I think Pumpenstein is out of Houston too... But that doesn't help the original poster... Asylum Paintball in Louisville, Ky is having an indoor tourny that will include a pump division on Feb 16th. That is the only thing I know of in the near future, other than PSP Dallas
MaxCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:30 AM #8
SkeletonTsunami
Big Mike

SkeletonTsunami has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SkeletonTsunami has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Yea, but he's talkin bout way over in the southeast. Like FL, SC, GA, NC. ain't nobody wanna go to TX. Charlotte's your best bet. Of course, we have several pumpees over here in Asheville, NC. Line of Fire Paintball son.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:17 AM #9
Phantom_Dave

I live in AL, was thinking there were some in Florida, but cant seem to find them. In the same boat, only guy at my field that plays pump. Not a bad thing, but would nice to hang out with other pumpers for a while. Most of the guys I play with talk about debounce and dwell setting between matches.
Phantom_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:19 PM #10
bendigo360
SuperDan

bendigo360 plays in the PSP
bendigo360 plays in the APPA D3 division
bendigo360 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bendigo360 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekyleaggie View Post
Untrue. There is a solid group of pumpers around Houstpn, specifically at TxR paintball field in Cypress. I play with them on occasion and they're solid guys (some work at the field).
TxR is a great crew. We have played against them at many of the PSP events this year. Always a good team to be around. I haven't seen Pumpenstein on the radar a whole lot recently. I know that signed up for either Galveston or PHI but the disappeared off of the team list after a couple weeks. I would love to have the opportunity to ball with them sometime.

The Carolina's have a pretty nice pump following. Rockin Cocks is a good team in that area for certain. If you cross into Tennessee you have 3EV, Dark Covenant, Blitzkrieg, and the team that I play with, TrueBallers. We have been trying to get some pump tourneys going out this way but it's mostly 3-man stuff and we would rather ball it up playing 5 man. Tennessee used to have the PRIDE series but that fizzled out. I actually came down to Nitro for their scenario event the weekend after CUP. Talk to Mario.. He knows me... I've always told him if he were to get a pump tourney togther we would venture down that way for some fun..

Paintball Asylum
CHRISTKREW
29:11
bendigo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:58 PM #11
noclue119
D4 to D5 in 3 years.

Annual Supporting Member
noclue119 plays in the PSP
noclue119 plays in the MiLP
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3933132

Last edited by noclue119 : 02-12-2013 at 05:04 PM.
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:18 PM #12
chrispy1.5

chrispy1.5 plays in the PSP
chrispy1.5 supports Pev's Paintball
chrispy1.5 plays in the APPA D4 division
I feel ya, we've been playing on the East Coast for years and only now is there starting to be some growth in the pump tourney scene. However your going to have to travel unless you can talk someone who runs a league or events down where your at to host a pump event. But anyways you have the CFOA (NC and SC), and the EPL is going to announce a pump division at there northern events (NJ and MD) as well. There's also PSP Dallas and rumored (east coast) PSP Event 4. If you wanna go way up North you have the NEPL and the Gravity League up there. That's about all the tournament series on the East Coast with pump to my knowledge. I will say from experience the CFOA usually has between 4 and 8 teams competing per event. There's a ton of good teams on the East Coast (Truballers, 3EV, Disorderly Conduct) just not a whole lot of events unfortunatly.

All of this aside, I didn't hear you mention playing on a team so you may have to cross that bridge first before jumping to tournaments.

P.S. If you ever in VA, feel free to hit us up. Your more than welcome to come out and join us for a day of pump pball!

Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1632768

Last edited by chrispy1.5 : 02-12-2013 at 05:22 PM.
chrispy1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:50 PM #13
noclue119
D4 to D5 in 3 years.

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy1.5 View Post
All of this aside, I didn't hear you mention playing on a team so you may have to cross that bridge first before jumping to tournaments.
Getting people to play pump in the south is like pulling teeth.
I've seen plenty of great speedball player(D2/D3/D4/D5) that stops playing paintball because of money issues. No matter how hard I try, they won't pick up a pump. So they leave the sport all together. They would be great candidates for a pump team but no matter what I do, they won't pick up a pump marker.
Then there are those who buy a pump just so that they can say they play pump. But they mainly do it because they want to look good in pictures. They don't take the time to learn to use it properly. In a month they sell the pump cheap and moves on.

I got sick and tried of trying. I just do pump days instead. Sick of begging people to play pump. Maybe once they see how much fun we have, a few will convert over.

Last edited by noclue119 : 02-12-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:06 PM #14
chrispy1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
Getting people to play pump in the south is like pulling teeth.
I've seen plenty of great speedball player(D2/D3/D4/D5) that stops playing paintball because of money issues. No matter how hard I try, they won't pick up a pump. So they leave the sport all together. They would be great candidates for a pump team but no matter what I do, they won't pick up a pump marker.
Then there are those who buy a pump just so that they can say they play pump. But they mainly do it because they want to look good in pictures. They don't take the time to learn to use it properly. In a month they sell the pump cheap and moves on.

I got sick and tried of trying. I just do pump days instead. Sick of begging people to play pump. Maybe once they see how much fun we have, a few will convert over.
Haha, I don't know if its as bad as pulling teeth. Its difficult and I think you hit the nail on the head about some southern pumpers or some pumpers in general. But we've been able to convert a few solid machine gun killers into pretty good pump players over the years. We've for years struggled to find other teams to play against and thats why for so long we played pump v machine gun teams. Not only did we earn some respect but it got some of those machine gun players to give pump a shot and some play fairly often now. At the same time we have a B-Squad so at least we can play pump v pump (5 on 5) sometimes, but often its whatever we can work out. We'll even pick-up a machine gun player from time to time to join us just so we can play with equal teams.

As always pumpers or machine gunners that wanna try pump or just play pump v pump are always welcome to come and join us at a practice or event (if we have a spot or their's a pick-up team). We'll lend you equipment if you need it. We play in NOVA (Northern VA) and SOVA (Southern VA) fairly often, all I ask is for a heads up! The info's on our FB page, top post (its pinned)!

Feedback
Old 02-12-2013, 09:04 PM #15
tazdevil518
L A S T C A L L

tazdevil518 plays in the PSP
tazdevil518 is playing at Living Legends VII
tazdevil518 supports Team VICIOUS
tazdevil518 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Haha, I don't know if its as bad as pulling teeth. Its difficult and I think you hit the nail on the head about some southern pumpers or some pumpers in general. But we've been able to convert a few solid machine gun killers into pretty good pump players over the years. We've for years struggled to find other teams to play against and thats why for so long we played pump v machine gun teams. Not only did we earn some respect but it got some of those machine gun players to give pump a shot and some play fairly often now. At the same time we have a B-Squad so at least we can play pump v pump (5 on 5) sometimes, but often its whatever we can work out. We'll even pick-up a machine gun player from time to time to join us just so we can play with equal teams.

As always pumpers or machine gunners that wanna try pump or just play pump v pump are always welcome to come and join us at a practice or event (if we have a spot or their's a pick-up team). We'll lend you equipment if you need it. We play in NOVA (Northern VA) and SOVA (Southern VA) fairly often, all I ask is for a heads up! The info's on our FB page, top post (its pinned)!

Over the course of the past two years, we have generated some interest in pump at Classic Paintball in Lithia Springs. We have a core group of five players (me, Ying, Mark, Ryan and James) that are dedicated to playing pump. We have Brad, my brother and 5-6 players out of Alabama are regulars for pump at Classic also. Dan from Dan's Land Paintball in Jackson, GA plays pump and he has 5-6 guys that play pump with him. It's growing.

Empire Sniper Mods
tazdevil518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:11 AM #16
chrispy1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil518 View Post
Over the course of the past two years, we have generated some interest in pump at Classic Paintball in Lithia Springs. We have a core group of five players (me, Ying, Mark, Ryan and James) that are dedicated to playing pump. We have Brad, my brother and 5-6 players out of Alabama are regulars for pump at Classic also. Dan from Dan's Land Paintball in Jackson, GA plays pump and he has 5-6 guys that play pump with him. It's growing.
Sounds like you guys got more pump players then we do! We roll about 8 deep regulary, 10 on a good day. I've meet Ying, he's a baller!

Feedback
Old 02-13-2013, 10:17 AM #17
noclue119
D4 to D5 in 3 years.

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Sounds like you guys got more pump players then we do! We roll about 8 deep regulary, 10 on a good day. I've meet Ying, he's a baller!
Thanks You met Len too. He played with me at WC and MAO.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:04 AM #18
chrispy1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
Thanks You met Len too. He played with me at WC and MAO.
Just the truth, I probably could recall Len if I saw him again. With my profession I meet so many people I remember faces versus names sometimes. I only wish I was at Cup, but I had to pass because I had bronchitis/pneumonia so I keep track from home. You going to Dallas? Turn-outs looking pretty good so far.

Feedback
Old 02-13-2013, 11:14 AM #19
noclue119
D4 to D5 in 3 years.

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Just the truth, I probably could recall Len if I saw him again. With my profession I meet so many people I remember faces versus names sometimes. I only wish I was at Cup, but I had to pass because I had bronchitis/pneumonia so I keep track from home. You going to Dallas? Turn-outs looking pretty good so far.
Ya bronchitis/pneumonia sucks.

I have a feeling I am limited to Chicago or WC this year. Maybe another east coast event if it is near me. I can't get enough people together to practice. If I commit, I might just hope on a pick up team.