PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-01-2013, 07:04 PM #1
neal6

neal6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
neal6 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
mining and consistency issues

im thinking about mining my 04 prostock, and ive herd that the recuced air volume can create consistency problems. could a good HRP/LPR combo reduce this? if so what regs would be good? i have a cp shorty HPR and ANS jackhammer LPR right now.

and how about midget? i herd that cutting the back of the lower tube doesnt give the bolt to pick up enough speed to hit the valve hard enough to get good velocity/efficiency. i have SS prostock internals(prostock valve, etc... with ss hammer) what about the tornado, belsales supercharger, palmer lt and rat3? or is it REALLY worth spending 180 on a MQ2? i dont see it...

basically if i were to mini it, what would be a good reg set-up? and if i were to midgit it, what would be some things i could do to counter act the whole hammer not having the time to accelerate issue, and if i were to do both... what would be the best set-up if different from just adding 1 + 1?
The Cocker Haiku:
Did it work before?
You screwed with it, didn't you?
Got what you deserve.
neal6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:11 PM #2
hmcl281

has been a member for 10 years
main issue with mini is the shootdown issue and needing a higher operating pressure.

really hard to midget a fully body cocker, since you will need a custom bolt. mq2 valves are hard to find and tend to sell at about 225 range. midget is only recommended if you are going to use a mq valve.

Last edited by hmcl281 : 02-02-2013 at 05:13 PM.
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote