Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-02-2013, 08:47 AM #22
jonjoost

I have tried alot of goggles over the last 10+ years at our rentals and during last few years have used vForce Vantage PRO as it is very comfortable to wear, single lens donīt get scratched easily and they have many colour options as we separate the teams by goggles. Unfortunately they have discontinued Vantage Pro and I donīt have a good alternative. I mostly agree with othersī comments, here is few downsides .

Helix (thermal) - very bad lens quality since 2 layers of the thermal lens come apart and water gets in the middle.

Proto rental (single and thermal) - not comfortable to wear, feels very cheap to wear. Lens get scratched very easily.

Proto EL (single and thermal) - cheap lens (when bought by packs), but donīt last long since they scratch very easily (when clients happen to wipe with gloves).

Vantage field (single) - rubbery foam not very comfortable, foam gets broken (little cracks) after few months. Otherwise easy to clean and fast to dry.

VForce Armour (single) - cheap plastic feel and could be little more comfortable to wear. No color options. Otherwise lasts long in rental.

Since I can not get Vantage Pro any more, can any1 recommend something which is not commented here before (with very scratch resistant lense like vForce armour single)?, I do not agree to offer cheap goggle experience (like many of the cheap rental goggles seem to be made for) and price of the goggles is no problem, replacing lens has to be cheap tho. Any experienced field using Tippmann?, how do JT lens last?, how about SLY?
jonjoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2013, 01:39 PM #23
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjoost View Post
I have tried alot of goggles over the last 10+ years at our rentals and during last few years have used vForce Vantage PRO as it is very comfortable to wear, single lens donīt get scratched easily and they have many colour options as we separate the teams by goggles. Unfortunately they have discontinued Vantage Pro and I donīt have a good alternative. I mostly agree with othersī comments, here is few downsides .

Helix (thermal) - very bad lens quality since 2 layers of the thermal lens come apart and water gets in the middle.

Proto rental (single and thermal) - not comfortable to wear, feels very cheap to wear. Lens get scratched very easily.

Proto EL (single and thermal) - cheap lens (when bought by packs), but donīt last long since they scratch very easily (when clients happen to wipe with gloves).

Vantage field (single) - rubbery foam not very comfortable, foam gets broken (little cracks) after few months. Otherwise easy to clean and fast to dry.

VForce Armour (single) - cheap plastic feel and could be little more comfortable to wear. No color options. Otherwise lasts long in rental.

Since I can not get Vantage Pro any more, can any1 recommend something which is not commented here before (with very scratch resistant lense like vForce armour single)?, I do not agree to offer cheap goggle experience (like many of the cheap rental goggles seem to be made for) and price of the goggles is no problem, replacing lens has to be cheap tho. Any experienced field using Tippmann?, how do JT lens last?, how about SLY?
Try the MI-3, 5, or 7 from Sly/Valken. We don't run a field but people seems to love them.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:03 PM #24
tvise
USPN Hollister CA

tvise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvise posts videos on PbNation
tvise has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Paintball View Post
I use the VForce as well. We like them and have not had issues with fogging but not much reason to fog in Nor CA.
I do give you that.

It gets a little bad in the winter, but for us we are closed a lot of the winter so they are great for us.