PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-02-2013, 06:58 AM #1
NoobWithAnAttitude
Becoming Less of a Noob

Woodsball tactics help?

I mostly play speedball but I gave woods ball a try and got destroyed. Got bunkered multiple times and did terribly. I cant figure out how to change the way I play from speedball to woodsball anybody have any advice?
NoobWithAnAttitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2013, 08:22 AM #2
Sh00t2Thrill

Sh00t2Thrill posts videos on PbNation
Sh00t2Thrill supports Empire
I suggest sticking to the edges of the field.
Sh00t2Thrill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:24 PM #3
docbiddy
iBlastfools

docbiddy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
docbiddy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
docbiddy plays in the APPA D4 division
docbiddy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
buy a ghillie suit, wait for them. its more about sneaking around than unloading paint.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:39 AM #4
GoldFeather

usually at the field I go to, we have one large group that marches down the left center of the field and have a couple smaller groups flank around the right
I do both, but I like being with the large group. it gets a lot of action.

try using more natural cover. bunkers in woodsball like to attracts a lot of attention but if your behind thick natural cover that’s just as good you’ll be hidden
Try not to stay in one place to long in a fire fight you could get surrounded.
GoldFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:47 AM #5
GoldFeather

I don’t recommend a ghillie suit
i never worn one but i have a feeling there not fun on hot days
paint dosint have to break to get out
GoldFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:15 AM #6
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
It's hard to try and tell someone how to play woodsball. It all depends on what your field looks like. Every woodsball course is different. Sometimes its just hyperball in the woods with almost no foliage, others it looks like Vietnam because there is so much trees and bushes. There are sometimes hills and trenches, there are sometimes forts or structures.
Each field must be approached differently, and it is trial and error to figure it out. Try and follow a more experienced woodsballer and see what he does.

One thing you don't want to do is hold down a lane. If you can try and stay hidden, pick a spot with a wide field of view and wait till they get close then shoot them out in the open. You want them to come to you, not keep them down and try to come to them.

98% of paintballers make up statistics. Post this in your sig if you're part of the 2% that doesn't.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:02 AM #7
SyntheticEvil13
Punch it, ho-bag!

SyntheticEvil13 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
SyntheticEvil13 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SyntheticEvil13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
It's hard to try and tell someone how to play woodsball. It all depends on what your field looks like. Every woodsball course is different. Sometimes its just hyperball in the woods with almost no foliage, others it looks like Vietnam because there is so much trees and bushes. There are sometimes hills and trenches, there are sometimes forts or structures.
Each field must be approached differently, and it is trial and error to figure it out. Try and follow a more experienced woodsballer and see what he does.

One thing you don't want to do is hold down a lane. If you can try and stay hidden, pick a spot with a wide field of view and wait till they get close then shoot them out in the open. You want them to come to you, not keep them down and try to come to them.
Yeah, it really depends. In some situations you may want to "lone wolf it" and others you may want to tag up with 1 or 2 others and do more of an army style leapfrog/zone cover/hand gestures. But, yeah hook up with a more experienced woodsballer at said field and ask questions and follow them. Don't be afraid to ask the whys. But, don't forget that most fields will be different. Sometimes you can use the same tactics, sometimes you only need to tweek them, and sometimes you have to think about and look at things entirely different.

PbN BST links for Mississippi

Etek 3 Lt Stormtropper, 68/4500 Ninja, and a Flex8 camo mask f/s.
SyntheticEvil13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:45 PM #8
DocDriza

DocDriza is playing at Living Legends VI
DocDriza has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DocDriza has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DocDriza has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DocDriza has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
IMHO the best advice I have for you is just to play more woodsball if you want to get better. Hang back and see what the field is doing. That is what I do anyway.

ples exuse ny typos
DocDriza is offline   Reply With Quote