PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-30-2013, 10:27 AM #1
FOX_628

FOX_628 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FOX_628 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
G4/fx

I have a G4 and have been looking at the fx but was wondering if was a step forward as an upgrade or more of a lateral step to a different platform? What are some of the differences I would see shooting wise and efficiency wise? thanx
FOX_628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2013, 12:02 PM #2
CA_Tectonics

The G4 you have is a spool valve marker whereas the FX is a poppet valve marker. Do a search to read up on the differences between the two kinds of valve platforms and you will get your answers. There are differences between the two.

As for whether it is a step up or not is up to the end user. Some prefer spools over poppets and vise-versa.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:26 PM #3

Efficiency wise, FX is definitely an improvement. Shooting quality is more a matter of personal preference. But, the main advantages of an FX over a G4 is the oled board and 2-piece barrel, both stock.

It mostly comes down to personal preference, unless you're running out of air every game with a fully upgraded and tuned G4. That's a lot of paint, of course...
Old 01-30-2013, 12:38 PM #4
Ts^Killah Cam

Ts^Killah Cam supports Team VICIOUS
Ts^Killah Cam posts videos on PbNation
Ts^Killah Cam has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ts^Killah Cam has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ts^Killah Cam has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I wasn't Impressed with the Fx at all the G5 is a much better marker
2012 2nd place Uwl Nebraska
2011 3rd place UWL Finals Chicago
2009 SPPL Champions and Series Champs

Dangerous power, APE, Coca Cola, Monster Energy, Kee Action Sports, Empire Paintball, RPS, Aysmbol Gallery, Techt
Ts^Killah Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:14 AM #5
TS4life

I skipped the G series and went with an FX because all I've used for years was poppet guns. Love the thing! Stock it is super light, looks great, little loud (poppet style), and it is pretty well built plus it had an OLED board and easily competes with Etek 3's/4's.

I ended up getting the Techt Law RAM and Hush Bolt Pro, which makes it a monster! Competing with Ego 11's to be honest... Super smooth and quiet, efficient...

I actually came upon a Rev i a little while ago and love it so now I have the FX up for sale on Ebay, but it was worth the $600 i paid for it new + Techt upgrades. Look at some shooting videos and some more forum threads about it and see if you're still interested.
After shooting the Rev i, though, I will be using spoolies from now on. Just has a better feeling to me and I wish I had used some others in the past.
BL Insight http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4268897
TS4life is online now   Reply With Quote