Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-28-2013, 02:34 PM #22
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
What nobody is telling you about going with an HPA tank is......that there is no way you'll be able to play 4 days with it. You may get one day of play using a small(48ci) HPA tank. So you'll have to fill about 4 times more than you would with the 20Oz Co2 tank. I'm guessing by what you've said, I don't know how many shots you shoot per day.

So.....depending on how much you pay to fill either up.....it may actually cost you more to go with an Air tank. Of course air will always work better, despite getting a lot less shots on a full tank.

CO2 is fine for rec ball. HPA is better but has both advantages and disadvantages. In the end the choice is yours.

How many paintballs do you shoot in a day of play? Are you playing at an actual field that includes air fills in their entry fee?

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2013, 01:36 AM #23
tmorningstar

When I was first starting out I skipped using co2 because of all the bad things I heard and I just bought a Compressed air tank (also called Hpa, nitro tanks). They are only a tiny bit more expensive and you will not have any issues with temperature or issues with an electronic gun that c02 can cause.
tmorningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:09 PM #24
adam401308

Its normal when your using co2.
adam401308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:12 AM #25
RunNgun42

Just want to add to the debate favoring co2, keep in mind co2 can provide much more equivalent shooting time than HPA. CO2 turns to liquid under pressure, and liquid allows for storing much more mass than just pure air. If you have a 20oz co2 tank you can probably go all day on a single fill up, whereas you might have to refill several times with HPA. So unless it's easy for you to walk back to the supply area and refill your tank, you might not want to go HPA.
RunNgun42 is offline   Reply With Quote