Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-16-2013, 06:48 PM #1
GSARmedic

GSARmedic has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Looking for info on Fields on Oahu

Hey guys,

I live in FL, about 15 minutes from where they hold the PSP Cup event. Anyway, I was looking into taking a vacation on Oahu and I was trying to find a field to play at while I was there. I enjoy playing all forms of PB, so woods, rec, scenario, hyper, speed, and PSP/NPPL are all options for play and the gear I play in can work in any game. (Except my obnoxious gold and silver marq kinda sticks out in the woods. )

I'll probably be staying on the SW side near Kalaeloa Airport. I'd rather not drive all over the island if possible, but I will drive along the south side to play if need be to get to the best recommended place.

Not to sound like an a$$, but does the field used in Greg Hastings Paintball 2 called Diamond Head Paintball even exist? Seems like a really cool place to play if it does. I Google earthed the entire area around Diamond Head and I couldn't find anything that would look like that type of field.

I also tried to get onto the Hawaii Extreme Paintball and Airsoft website to get information, but it is down. Is it still open?

How much do you guys pay for a case of paint? I usually use either draxxus recball or bronze for my non-tournament play.

So whatever info you guys can get back to me with would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by GSARmedic : 01-16-2013 at 06:50 PM.
GSARmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2013, 02:00 AM #2
haynboy8223
Fear is only an illusion!

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
haynboy8223 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
haynboy8223 is a top reviewer
Look into Hawaii all-star paintball games, HEP or Paintball Hawaii west side
●●NPPL D4 2011 Huntington Beach 2nd place●● NPPL D4 2011 Chicago Open 1st place●● NPPL D4 2011 Las Vegas 1st place●●
haynboy8223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:20 AM #3
GSARmedic

I tried to look into HEP but there website is down, so I didn't know if there was a new one or what. Still looking for some more info from the locals like paint costs and personal field "reviews" I guess.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:41 PM #4
PsychoticSteve23
Bang Bang

Annual Supporting Member
PsychoticSteve23 is playing at Living Legends VII
PsychoticSteve23 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PsychoticSteve23 supports Team VICIOUS
PsychoticSteve23 is Legendary
PsychoticSteve23 supports Empire
IMO-Here is the current conditions
Hawaii All-star paintball: Bring own paint or buy there. 4 good fields all speedball/scenario, good group sizes, mostly younger/less experienced groups, good times. http://www.hawaiiallstarpb.com/

HEP- Great facilities, Good staff, field paint, turf tournament field, small speedball field, large scenario field, sat only a few paintball players, Sunday large group for tournament ball only. http://www.hawaiiextremepaintball.com/

Paintball Hawaii west side- Tournament field only (rougher shape), Great guys, Good paint, group size changes, all level players (more experienced than not). http://www.paintballhawaii.com/

Other side of the island has Bellows Paint ball - Sand, large scenario field, differrent game types. Field Paint. Good people. group size changes.
http://www.island-paintball.com/home.html

When friends and I can play on Sat we like to play at all star, If Sunday we like HEP. Hope this helps.

Last edited by PsychoticSteve23 : 01-18-2013 at 02:46 PM.
PsychoticSteve23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:23 PM #5
GSARmedic

Thanks Steve,

That does help out a lot.

When you guys play at all star on Sat, do you guys play mostly scenario/woods or are the players more speed like you were saying at HEP on sundays?

I'll be bringing my son who will still be a beginner as a player, still trying to convince him (and his mom) to let him play, I mean he plays ice hockey for cripes sakes, he should be tough enough to play some rec ball, So I'll be looking for a little bit slower play for him where he can enjoy the "game" more than just being a target and leaving after a minute or two each game.

Any answers to the Greg Hastings video game field being real?
Old 01-19-2013, 04:32 PM #6
GSARmedic

What are the paint brands and prices at All Star?
Looked on the website and they don't mention it, also, what kind of proshop/facilities do they have?

Do they have spare parts to buy to make last minute repairs if something breaks during gameplay?
Old 01-20-2013, 02:51 AM #7
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSARmedic View Post
Thanks Steve,

That does help out a lot.

When you guys play at all star on Sat, do you guys play mostly scenario/woods or are the players more speed like you were saying at HEP on sundays?

I'll be bringing my son who will still be a beginner as a player, still trying to convince him (and his mom) to let him play, I mean he plays ice hockey for cripes sakes, he should be tough enough to play some rec ball, So I'll be looking for a little bit slower play for him where he can enjoy the "game" more than just being a target and leaving after a minute or two each game.

Any answers to the Greg Hastings video game field being real?
All-Star is mostly concept type fields, not really woods but structures, barriers, berms and hills. There is a hyperball field also. For a new player looking to rec, all-star is a good choice, or bellows. All-star is closer to where you will be. There are some pretty good looks at the field on youtube: All-Star, Bellows.

At all-star, paint brands vary, usually a rec grade RPS, valken or diablo. Starting at $45/cs if you buy at the field. Sometimes there will be upper line options but not always. It is BYOP so if you want something higher grade you can hop over to Brothers to grab a case beforehand. Facilities are limited to a basic field house that rents gear, HPA/CO2, porta-potty and shaded tables for seating. No real pro shop on premises but depending on the gun you can often get help.

There is no place called "Diamond Head Paintball", I guess it could be based on a real field, but I have not played GHTP2 so I don't know.

Bring a pump
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:32 AM #8
PsychoticSteve23
Bang Bang

Annual Supporting Member
Like drgonzo said it a great field for all ages/skill levels. Let me know when you will be there and I'll do what I can do to be there. I like to pick up X-ball paint from sports authority for $45. For your kid they also have chest pads if that helps mom. 2 of the 4 fields can be seen from the common no mask area. but the other two (House, Mound) fields she would need a mask if wanting to watch.

Last edited by PsychoticSteve23 : 01-23-2013 at 02:35 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:48 PM #9
GSARmedic

Thanks guys for all the input so far.

It looks like I am going to try and be there out in the end of September. I know that seems like a long way out, but we need the time to put the money together. Flying in from FL and staying in Ko Olina is pricey but worth it. My wife doesn't even know we are going yet, since it will be her birthday surprise, and she especially doesn't know I am planning on playing some paintball while we're there.

I am going to outfit my son with a whole bunch of dye gear including the performance chest protector and slider shorts. Everything he'll have will be in dyecam. Hopefully the only time he stands out is in the open and the rest of the time he'll blend into the foliage. Quick question: Has anybody played with the dyecam gear there (any field)? Does any particular type of camo pattern blend in more than any other? I guess it also has a lot to do with whether or not there is much play in the "woods" at each of the fields.

I think I did find the answer to my question about the Diamond Head Paintball from Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball 2 videogame. After looking at some more pictures and a video tour of DH, my conclusion is that the game designers took the layout of the crater and what can be accessed by the public, including the concrete bunkers and the tunnels and then made a "fantasy" paintball field based off of the TRUE layout of the crater. Sucks that it isn't real, but I think it would be really awesome for a weekend fundraiser event or some big charity paintball event to be held there and actually play there.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:43 PM #10
PsychoticSteve23
Bang Bang

Annual Supporting Member
I don't think the different camos matter on our fields. Dark is better. I like black pants, black and color top. If you can get enough people, at the HEP big field Digi Cam works well, only played paintball on that field with private party.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:11 PM #11
a Lane Shift

I'll be on Oahu for the next couple of weeks, and i WILL be playing out there, can't wait to walk on as a renter and just ninja everybody in jeans/t-shirt with my bro (for once we will be allowed on the same team!!!).

I've "bird-eye" viewed All-star, and some of their online pics, looks to be a decent place to play with a more casual crowd, also cheaper. Any chance anyone here will be playing there NEXT saturday/sunday (9th/10th), and anyone know what the regular turnout is for open play?
a Lane Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:55 PM #12
drnowwa

Ill be at all star this weekend on Sunday. The turnout for open play is usually good. I've never seen it less than 7 vs 7. Best thing about the field, BYOP. Check em out its always a good time. Dont merc the beginners too hard. Paintball needs them to keep playing. lol
drnowwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:59 PM #13
PsychoticSteve23
Bang Bang

Annual Supporting Member
Wish i would make it. I had a family medical emergency so i'll be in NC for a few weeks. Looking forward to playing somewhere new.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:32 AM #14
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by a Lane Shift View Post
I'll be on Oahu for the next couple of weeks, and i WILL be playing out there, can't wait to walk on as a renter and just ninja everybody in jeans/t-shirt with my bro (for once we will be allowed on the same team!!!).
*pew pew*
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:31 PM #15
drnowwa

lol

"merica"
drnowwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:27 PM #16
a Lane Shift

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnowwa View Post
Dont merc the beginners too hard. Paintball needs them to keep playing. lol
True story, there is no honor in that, plus, if the newbs don't come back, the sport does not grow.

But, tell that to the speedball team guys who were there in their absorb jerseys and wiping their hits...against renters..."i play until the ref calls me out" is what one of them said, and the refs were just standing at the 50 and seemed to only be there to start/finish games. (though one of them had an amazingly gorgeous white Dye DM12?, sexy thing it was)

It was a decent day until that happened, after one of the really bad games a bunch of us that didn't feel like dumping a bag of paint on each tourny player decided to sit a few out. Me and bro at that point decided to do a couple games on their 'mounds' field to burn our paint and do something more productive with the rest of our day. As someone who helps run a field, it was a sad site to see.

There was also ALOT more paintballers there than normal i guess, and they put all of them on the same small fields repeatedly, it was like 15-15 atleast on the 'speed' fields.

Overall, not really impressed with the staff that day, or the integrity of some of the guys who claimed to be 'regulars'.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:47 AM #17
cccpbbeast

hey guys!!! I am leaving for oahu this friday and will be there for the weekend!! Also wanting to play while I am there. had a guy who i traded some gear with there who was gonna let me borrow but now it might not work. I want to play some speedball or rec at least, and if possible, be a walkon for any tourneys. D3/4. Please let me know asap where I'll be best off playing at, and possibly maybe where I could use something better then a tipp or ion. if i hear of a good tourney, ill check a bag and bring the luxe or g6r or something... let me know asap please!!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:04 AM #18
Jsres

Jsres supports Empire
if you want some rec ball you should head over to bellows paintball at bellows AFB on saturday. its a woodsball field if thats your thing.
Dye DM12 White/Orange aka Creamsicle, Pure Energy 70/45 w/Ninja Reg, Billy Wing Bolt, Dye Rotor
Dye DM12 White/Graphite, Ninja 70/45, Billy Wing Bolt, Dye Rotor
WGP 2k3 Mech Autococker Red/Black, Ninja 70/45, Shocktech parts, JT old school revvy

Certified KEE tech
Jsres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:21 PM #19
Jsres

Jsres supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by a Lane Shift View Post
True story, there is no honor in that, plus, if the newbs don't come back, the sport does not grow.

But, tell that to the speedball team guys who were there in their absorb jerseys and wiping their hits...against renters..."i play until the ref calls me out" is what one of them said, and the refs were just standing at the 50 and seemed to only be there to start/finish games. (though one of them had an amazingly gorgeous white Dye DM12?, sexy thing it was)

It was a decent day until that happened, after one of the really bad games a bunch of us that didn't feel like dumping a bag of paint on each tourny player decided to sit a few out. Me and bro at that point decided to do a couple games on their 'mounds' field to burn our paint and do something more productive with the rest of our day. As someone who helps run a field, it was a sad site to see.

There was also ALOT more paintballers there than normal i guess, and they put all of them on the same small fields repeatedly, it was like 15-15 atleast on the 'speed' fields.

Overall, not really impressed with the staff that day, or the integrity of some of the guys who claimed to be 'regulars'.
what field was this at?
Dye DM12 White/Orange aka Creamsicle, Pure Energy 70/45 w/Ninja Reg, Billy Wing Bolt, Dye Rotor
Dye DM12 White/Graphite, Ninja 70/45, Billy Wing Bolt, Dye Rotor
WGP 2k3 Mech Autococker Red/Black, Ninja 70/45, Shocktech parts, JT old school revvy

Certified KEE tech
Jsres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:56 PM #20
yomomma7826

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsres View Post
what field was this at?
I'm guessing All-Star, from what he is describing that is my guess.
yomomma7826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:47 AM #21
a Lane Shift

^All Star, correct.
ReplyRegional Ups