Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-22-2013, 12:39 PM #1
MonsterPber

how to get paint for wholesale?

im wanting to start a paintball field but dont know how to get paint for wholesale? do you have to own a paintball field to get paint for whole sale? how much is whole sale paint?
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2013, 01:09 PM #2
7paintball
Service at its best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPber View Post
im wanting to start a paintball field but dont know how to get paint for wholesale? do you have to own a paintball field to get paint for whole sale? how much is whole sale paint?
Contact KEE, GI, or Valken and set up a dealer account.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:28 PM #3
m. buck
2/8/11

m. buck plays in the PSP
m. buck supports Team VICIOUS
m. buck plays in the APPA D4 division
or you want to get wholesale paint for your self. Every field owner knows how to get wholesale items
m. buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:39 PM #4
MonsterPber

Quote:
Originally Posted by m. buck View Post
or you want to get wholesale paint for your self. Every field owner knows how to get wholesale items
well im wondering if i could get for myself? is that possible without starting a business
Old 01-22-2013, 04:06 PM #5
pmflexxx
You best not miss

Contact them directly but you're probably better off talking to you local store about buying a skid through them. They might want to know where you're going to use/re-sell so much paint.
pmflexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:24 PM #6
7paintball
Service at its best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmflexxx View Post
Contact them directly but you're probably better off talking to you local store about buying a skid through them. They might want to know where you're going to use/re-sell so much paint.
Yeah you can try that too buddy.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:30 PM #7
Misha"mole"yelich
MISHKA

Misha"mole"yelich supports Team VICIOUS
This might help

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+buy+wholesale+paintballs
Misha"mole"yelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:19 PM #8
robdavy
Field Owner

It sounds like you don't really know how 'wholesale' works...

Stuff (in this case, paint, but could be anything) is made by a manufacturer.

OPTIONAL: if they manufacturer is abroad, sometimes there's an importer here who imports it and then sells it to distributors (especially for niche or specialized products)

They then sell it to a distributor (who may by very closely connected to the manufacturer, or who may also carry products from many different manufacturers). Distributors buy by the container load (1600+ cases in each container)

Distributors sell to retailers. They could be stores or fields. They have to buy pallets at a time (160+ cases). The distributer will only sell to 'bona fide' businesses. How they decide who varies; some require tons of paperwork (business licenses, insurance docs, photos of your field/store, where as some are a little more relaxed and if they just meet you at a tradeshow might do business with you, especially if you're first other is for tens of thousands of dollars.

Retailers (stores and fields) then sell to the public.

At every level of the supply chain people add a profit margin. Each level closely guards their numbers from people below them (retailers don't tell the public their margin, distributors don't tell retailers their margin, etc).

If you're just a guy who plays a lot of paintball, a distributer won't have anything to do with you. For a few reasons:
1) they don't want to deal with someone who wants to buy a small quantity
2) they don't want to annoy their customers (retailers) by by-passing them and selling direct to you (the public)
3) the 'secrecy' of supply chain mark-up is all part of the way retail works

But no, unless you a REAL business, buying things from distributors (wholesale) is extremely difficult, if not impossible.

Talk to someone further down the chain (a retailer) who might be willing to give you a deal on a large quantity as long as he doesn't feel you're going to threaten his business (he won't sell you a pallet of paint at a 10% mark-up if he thinks you'll sell it by the case to everyone in town meaning no one buys paint from him at his 40% mark-up.
robdavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:24 PM #9
MonsterPber

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdavy View Post
It sounds like you don't really know how 'wholesale' works...

Stuff (in this case, paint, but could be anything) is made by a manufacturer.

OPTIONAL: if they manufacturer is abroad, sometimes there's an importer here who imports it and then sells it to distributors (especially for niche or specialized products)

They then sell it to a distributor (who may by very closely connected to the manufacturer, or who may also carry products from many different manufacturers). Distributors buy by the container load (1600+ cases in each container)

Distributors sell to retailers. They could be stores or fields. They have to buy pallets at a time (160+ cases). The distributer will only sell to 'bona fide' businesses. How they decide who varies; some require tons of paperwork (business licenses, insurance docs, photos of your field/store, where as some are a little more relaxed and if they just meet you at a tradeshow might do business with you, especially if you're first other is for tens of thousands of dollars.

Retailers (stores and fields) then sell to the public.

At every level of the supply chain people add a profit margin. Each level closely guards their numbers from people below them (retailers don't tell the public their margin, distributors don't tell retailers their margin, etc).

If you're just a guy who plays a lot of paintball, a distributer won't have anything to do with you. For a few reasons:
1) they don't want to deal with someone who wants to buy a small quantity
2) they don't want to annoy their customers (retailers) by by-passing them and selling direct to you (the public)
3) the 'secrecy' of supply chain mark-up is all part of the way retail works

But no, unless you a REAL business, buying things from distributors (wholesale) is extremely difficult, if not impossible.

Talk to someone further down the chain (a retailer) who might be willing to give you a deal on a large quantity as long as he doesn't feel you're going to threaten his business (he won't sell you a pallet of paint at a 10% mark-up if he thinks you'll sell it by the case to everyone in town meaning no one buys paint from him at his 40% mark-up.
well i think you just summed it all up for me. thanks
Old 01-24-2013, 11:11 AM #10
robdavy
Field Owner

Very welcome!
robdavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:09 PM #11
SCRADE

I have a whole sale account and i get a case of 2000 paintballs for about $25. Keep in mind i am 13 years old. Now you can contact stores like ANS Gear you don't just have to contact paintball manufacturers.
SCRADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:16 AM #12
nooballer88

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRADE View Post
I have a whole sale account and i get a case of 2000 paintballs for about $25. Keep in mind i am 13 years old. Now you can contact stores like ANS Gear you don't just have to contact paintball manufacturers.
What kind of paint is it? Fields are paying around $25 per case then? How many do they order at a time?
nooballer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:30 AM #13
ericl1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPber View Post
Normally you have to have a registered business with a tax id in order to get a wholesale account. Also some companies have a minimum order in order to start out your account. Just have to do some research Google is always helpful just make sure it's legit and well known
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wester...9647906?ref=hl
ericl1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:01 PM #14
rcontrera

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRADE View Post
That isn't wholesale ... just cheap retail. You can buy at that price all day long on the net ... no matter how old you are. 2000 at a time is just personal use for a day. Wholesale is for resale. If you are buying for your own use, it is retail ... no matter what the price.

To get back to the OP's misleading question, go to the major suppliers and discuss buying by the pallet. I think that once you get open, the local reps will be clamoring for your business. I spent over 30 years being a sales rep and never once asked to see a business license. A business location open to "my" customers at regular hours did nicely!

Oh ... and if any of your suppliers is selling to the 13 year old down the street, dump them. You don't need your suppliers being your competition.
800-344-9267
FREE SHIPPING for cash orders (cash, money order, wire transfer, check). Shipping is for Continental USA only.
rcontrera is offline   Reply With Quote