Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-29-2013, 07:07 PM #22
Rmilledge32

Rmilledge32 supports DLX Technology
Just got my first NT and I love it! Set it up right, and take care of it. It will take care of you!
Rmilledge32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2013, 08:43 AM #23
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSsAcRe251 View Post
I never said anything about maintenance. I'm talking about setting the gun to a proper pressure range. If it's out of that it's not gonna shoot right.
Sorry you didn't talk about lubing, etc, I do apologize. Someone else above your original post did. I must have lumped it all together in my head! I'm not trying to add to the hate either. I am just here to learn not lurk around and tell everybody that PE, BL, or any other company is better than another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerspb View Post
I love the bad press! It just let me steal one of these badass guns for cheaper than any of its contemporaries, thumbs up!!
I am really just trying to sort out real from fiction on both ends. Between fanboys and haters of different companies it can be a pretty daunting task to figure out the real deal. Just to be clear I am a FAN of my DM11 but not a FANBOY of the DM or DYE to the exclusion of everybody else. I simply try to give credit where credit is due.

Too be honest I hated DYE markers in general for a while simply because of the bandwagon. I finally educated myself on here in the Dye forums and bought a used DM11. That is an amazing marker. If I was that wrong about the Matrix, then could I be wrong about the NT?.......

PROBABLY!

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30

Last edited by 2pipes : 02-01-2013 at 08:58 AM.
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:42 AM #24
MaSsAcRe251
Traeger

MaSsAcRe251 is playing at Living Legends V
MaSsAcRe251 plays in the APPA D5 division
MaSsAcRe251 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
MaSsAcRe251 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pipes View Post

Sorry you didn't talk about lubing, etc, I do apologize. Someone else above your original post did. I must have lumped it all together in my head! I'm not trying to add to the hate either. I am just here to learn not lurk around and tell everybody that PE, BL, or any other company is better than another.

Too be honest I hated DYE markers in general for a while simply because of the bandwagon. I finally educated myself on here in the Dye forums and bought a used DM11. That is an amazing marker. If I was that wrong about the Matrix, then could I be wrong about the NT?.......

PROBABLY!
It's cool man. Doesn't bother me.

The truth is that the NT, while not a complicated gun to many, is more complex than other markers on the market. But if you have the time to learn how it works that pays off and you end up getting an amazing marker. If you are someone who doesn't want to take a few minutes to understand your gun then the NT probably isn't for you.

And props to you for actually learning something and not just going along with the bandwagon like so many others. There needs to be more of that.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:45 PM #25
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
The NT is the simplest spool Ive ever owned so I dont understand the "complex" tag.

I set the dwell and pressure ONE time then I lightly lube it the night before and thats it, good to go. As long as Im shooting the same paint/barrel Ive never even had to mess with the fps when I play week to week.

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:06 PM #26
MaSsAcRe251
Traeger

MaSsAcRe251 is playing at Living Legends V
MaSsAcRe251 plays in the APPA D5 division
MaSsAcRe251 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
MaSsAcRe251 supports DLX Technology
I agree. I think it's simple too. I'm not as familiar with it as a dm, but it's equally as simple in my opinion. I think the geo is probably less "complicated" though considering it's basically a g3.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:19 PM #27
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

I've heard the Geo is a G3 comment before. To be honest I am not too much into the tech of the markers (not gonna make my own), but how they perform is product of the type of marker spool, stacked poppet, inline poppet, and derivations of each of the afore mentioned types. What is it about the NT that gives it much more balls as compared to a DM?

Old 02-01-2013, 02:59 PM #28
**Entropy**
O.o

**Entropy** plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pipes View Post
Of course you are right, but IF YOU KNOW YOUR TARGET BUYER will not perform weekly maintenance then why design a marker that REQUIRES IT. I perform my maintenance and as an adult owner I know the benefits, but PE designs markers that perform well without this.
To be fair to Dye they priced it at $1600, kind of an adult price if you ask me, I think they under estimated the fact that teens have jobs and no rent

I think if you took a look at every NT out there you you'd find that the truth is probably in the middle somewhere. The NT's are probably on the whole less tolerant of the normal adjustments the kiddies like to make (pressure is seems to be everyone's favorite tinker toy on pb markers) but there may be a few markers out there that were bad eggs. I for one was not super impressed with the machining on the bolt system in my NT10 (for a $1600 marker) but on my NT11 it looks much better. I'm also not really that impressed by the boards dye puts in there markers, in the last 10 years I've sent back 3 boards under warranty. Your expectations on a $1600 marker are just a little higher than what you have come to expect out of the less expensive DM line(which has had 10 years to mature).

I don't get the impression Dye has dropped the NT, at the Tech classes they inevitably get asked about this and their response is always "it's in the works" rather than other platforms they have walked away from where there response has been more direct and frank.

I was one of the skeptical buyers myself. I waited even though I wanted one when they were first released. I waited until last year (even bought a new DM12 in that time) when I got a stupid good deal on one and decided I would be stupid not to give it a shot. I have to say its my favorite marker to date.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:15 PM #29
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

True the price tag does seem to lend itself to adult buyers. But with as many teens I have seen sporting $1000 + guns is really mind blowing. That with the stupidity of people that claim to be and are legally adults doesn't guarantee they are responsible in doing maintenance.

Again, I am not a hater as my sig suggests (PE and BL mostly). I recently picked up a DM11 and was very impressed! I am just trying to get the same warm fuzzy feeling for an NT before forking over the cash.

So everyone knows I am a gun whore for practical reasons (at least that's what I tell my wife). I personally believe that the only way to know if you like/ love/ hate a marker is to own and use it. So after I got on PBnation, I started trading around. I keep the one's I love and pass on the rest. I believe the DM11 will be staying but really too early to tell. The NT seems to have better efficiency, and that may be an issue I need to look at as my field typically only has 3000 available.

Last edited by 2pipes : 02-01-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:13 PM #30
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

Ask a question above about the comparison. BELOW is the answer I believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSsAcRe251 View Post
I agree. I think it's simple too. I'm not as familiar with it as a dm, but it's equally as simple in my opinion. I think the geo is probably less "complicated" though considering it's basically a g3.

Found in NT vs GEO thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post

2) Planet Eclipse licenses the spool system from Dangerous power. The Geo/2/3 all are unbalanced (blow forward/dump valve) spools that are basically the same spool system design of the G3/IQ/Spec-R/Threshold/Rev-I/4/5 except with a larger dump chamber (only applicable to the G3/IQ/Spec-R/G4/G5) and with a full propshaft instead of just a sealing head.

Last edited by 2pipes : 02-01-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:39 PM #31
pbplayer343

pbplayer343 is playing at Living Legends VII
pbplayer343 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pbplayer343 supports DLX Technology
I love my nt10 I've had it for longer than any other gun. If u lube it after you play it will shoot when you turn it on next.

guns i used to own
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post80577804

Zombie Nt and Ironmen DM6
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post84922729
pbplayer343 is offline   Reply With Quote