MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:21 PM #171
0utlaw71

try a APP hopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWoods View Post
I can testify to the 'GXG' hoppers don't feed worth a crap' bit. I have a GXG 50 rd hopper for my Trilogy pump, and I have to shake it every other shot for it to load right. Desperately needed advice on a new hopper, this thread helped me a lot!
0utlaw71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:22 PM #172
ruffus0208

Hey guys new to the pump world what exalt speed feed fits on
The new sport shot hopper
ruffus0208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:38 PM #173
tarrguy57

tarrguy57 is an NCPA player
tarrguy57 plays in the APPA beginner division
tarrguy57 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffus0208 View Post
Hey guys new to the pump world what exalt speed feed fits on
The new sport shot hopper
the normal universal/halo b exalt speed feed fits like this one
http://www.ansgear.com/Exalt_Univers...versalblue.htm
Paintball changed for me twice in my life, when a close friend introduced me to pump play and cockers and when I went from woodsball with Tippmanns to tournament ball with my Bob Long Rapper and AKA Viking on the UW-Stout Team. I'm a better player thanks to both occurrences.
tarrguy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:17 AM #174
phillysteve

Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve supports DLX Technology
Those Exalts break constantly. I've been given 4 replacements now and every single one has broken. I've completely given up on them. Their customer service was great to keep replacing them but the plastic they use in the back is extremely weak and breaks very easily if you get shot on it. It is the plastic housing around the screw that snaps. They blame over tightening but either its falling off for not being tight enough or breaking when snug and getting shot.
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:44 AM #175
tarrguy57

Go to paintballgateway.com they sell metal exalt speed feed collars
Paintball changed for me twice in my life, when a close friend introduced me to pump play and cockers and when I went from woodsball with Tippmanns to tournament ball with my Bob Long Rapper and AKA Viking on the UW-Stout Team. I'm a better player thanks to both occurrences.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:11 PM #176
metallicafan155

metallicafan155 supports Team VICIOUS
metallicafan155 supports Team VICIOUS
Hi guys just a quick hopper question of what to do to get hte best performance from my sniper for less money (betteries) currently I have been using my sniper with my dye rotor which works great but it also isnt really doing it intended job on a pump gun, Yesterday now I grabbed a empire 200count hopper for $5 but i remembered back in the day sometimes the balls would get stuck and not feed into the tube. Then I remembered I had a old VL Revy with a broken lid that I might be able to mod back to life. Question is should I still keep running my rotor (which takes 3AA Batteries) or the Revy (takes 2 9 volts)

DLX LUXE
metallicafan155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:47 PM #177
pballer0303
shreddin the gnar

pballer0303 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If you want to keep it light go with the revy. Honestly, if you're used to the rotor I would just keep using that.

As far as exalts go, I have had the same one for about three years, and it has been great! For me, at least, they've held paint in well, and dont wear out like some other speed feeds. I havent had any issues with them breaking at all. Sorry youve had bad luck.
pballer0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:05 PM #178
fearlessleaderwins

pb virus like
fearlessleaderwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:21 PM #179
firefighter26
FARVA

Annual Supporting Member
firefighter26 is BST Trusted
firefighter26 is playing at Living Legends VI
firefighter26 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
firefighter26 supports Team VICIOUS
firefighter26 is for the Gunfight
firefighter26 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I have a primo on my pro stock and i find mysel shaking it alot.... maybe i will throw the halo on next time
Old 12-12-2012, 03:22 PM #180
thatsouthernguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWoods View Post
I can testify to the 'GXG' hoppers don't feed worth a crap' bit. I have a GXG 50 rd hopper for my Trilogy pump, and I have to shake it every other shot for it to load right. Desperately needed advice on a new hopper, this thread helped me a lot!
I have to add, The GXG hoppers feed very poorly stock, but can easily be modified to feed quite well. If you sand the interior of the feedneck to shave off/bevel the interior edge, it feeds nearly flawlessly.

On another note, not sure who decided to say that they are a 50 rd hopper, as they definitely can only functionally hold 40 rds. You can pack in maybe another 2-4 rounds, but any more than 40 and all the balls get locked in place and it wont feed at all, modded or not. Kind of annoying as I would like to use the 50 round pods I have when I play with the GXG, but would have to choose between under-loading pods or dropping balls....
thatsouthernguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:25 PM #181
tarrguy57

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsouthernguy View Post
I have to add, The GXG hoppers feed very poorly stock, but can easily be modified to feed quite well. If you sand the interior of the feedneck to shave off/bevel the interior edge, it feeds nearly flawlessly.

On another note, not sure who decided to say that they are a 50 rd hopper, as they definitely can only functionally hold 40 rds. You can pack in maybe another 2-4 rounds, but any more than 40 and all the balls get locked in place and it wont feed at all, modded or not. Kind of annoying as I would like to use the 50 round pods I have when I play with the GXG, but would have to choose between under-loading pods or dropping balls....
ya i run into the same problem with mine. i've since switched over to an old winchester with a lock lid on it. i haven't actually counted but it holds damn near 50
Old 12-13-2012, 07:31 PM #182
agemma

agemma owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
agemma supports Team VICIOUS
agemma supports Team VICIOUS
agemma has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
50's?

Why have the 50 round hoppers? why not go with ones that hold more paint?
agemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:46 PM #183
Ashton S (Banned)
____

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by agemma View Post
It is a way to lighten your setup, keep a smaller profile and conserve paint.

They add a fun twist to the game, you should consider picking one up.
Ashton S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:21 AM #184
tarrguy57

Quote:
Originally Posted by agemma View Post
kind of the point of running pump is running low and light. i'm not a fan of running stock class since only 1 other guy at my field does. and with how light weight and bare bones most pumps are a big hopper up top doesn't feel right. and unless you're running a force feed hopper, 200 round hopper isn't any better than a 50 round hopper. you're still going to have to shake to get consistent feed
Old 12-14-2012, 07:47 AM #185
Oldandsneaky
Still My Pump Badge

Annual Supporting Member
[quote=thatsouthernguy;77489170]I have to add, The GXG hoppers feed very poorly stock, but can easily be modified to feed quite well. If you sand the interior of the feedneck to shave off/bevel the interior edge, it feeds nearly flawlessly.

I have 2 GXG hoppers and they are horrible feeders. The paintballs have to pass over a very sharp edge to leave the hopper and I was hoping to try putting a radius around the feed tube to see if that would help. I'm glad to read it might work. Serves me right for buying a cheap hopper, but I like how small they are.

BTW our ref had a clear GXG on his Trracer and a paintball shattered it.
Oldandsneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:08 AM #186
Sogamember666
This is not an Exit

Sogamember666 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sogamember666 supports Team VICIOUS
Sogamember666 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sogamember666 supports our troops
Sogamember666 is Legendary
Glad to see my thread still up and running. Sorry I haven't updated it in a while. I'm thinking about getting back in but still kinda iffy.
Sogamember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:07 PM #187
GhostLeader 101
#RKPT Ghost 101

GhostLeader 101 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GhostLeader 101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I want to see a revy mod
Old 01-08-2013, 12:06 PM #188
thatsouthernguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldandsneaky View Post
I have 2 GXG hoppers and they are horrible feeders. The paintballs have to pass over a very sharp edge to leave the hopper and I was hoping to try putting a radius around the feed tube to see if that would help. I'm glad to read it might work. Serves me right for buying a cheap hopper, but I like how small they are.

BTW our ref had a clear GXG on his Trracer and a paintball shattered it.
Now that I have modded it, I love my GXG. Such a snazzy looking little hopper, and a great capacity for what I use it for. The biggest problem is the sharp edge around the feedneck, but that can be beveled pretty dramatically without damaging the hopper. Doing that alone with get you about as good a feed rate as a standard grav hopper or one of those little 50rd APP hoppers, but maybe not quite as well as a primo or a winchester. (Just remember, don't load your GXG to the brim or it wont load at all.) Also, I believe the space in the nose cone (in front of the feed neck itself) hinders feeding as well. I have heard that putting caulk or some type of sealer to block off the portion in front of the feed neck makes it feed significantly better, though I have not actually tried it myself. Something to consider if you don't mind the decreased capacity.

As for durability, honestly I picked up a couple spares recently after my success with the first one. I kind of expect it to break at some point. Primarily, the lid seems kinda flimsy. I have, however, gotten hit in the hopper 4 or 5 times with my first one, which is black, and it has taken it all in stride. And most of that was with some super hard valken fate (seriously, stuff has left radial scratches on my goggles).

Last edited by thatsouthernguy : 01-09-2013 at 06:03 PM.
thatsouthernguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:24 AM #189
tarrguy57

check out my build log: Halo SportShot