Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-15-2013, 04:21 PM #1
LightShow

ANS X-5 questions

OK so I have a Blue to black fade X-5, has the cheap CCM pump kit on, and still has an E2 frame on it. I plan on taking the E2 off, and was going to go with the CCM deluxe kit and AT assemly.

The only issue i see is that it has those external eye/ball detent covers on both sides of the body that stick out about 1/4" off the body. Im assuming the AT arm will end up hitting the detent cover? I also noticed on the back block, there is potentially room to tap for a dual pump arm set up. Would it be worth trying that, or should I just stick to a single pump arm and be done with it?

Back to the body... The body accepts the rubber intimidator detents from I want to say the 2k5 timmys? The look basically like little rubber nipples. Anywho, if anyone has any experience with these, I'd greatly appreciate some feed back, before I dump 200+ into this thing.

Currently I'm using an Empire Sniper for pump, but I'd like to get this thing working as well. I bought it new with a serial number of like 0007. Gun never really shot right ever since I bought it, but when I put the cheap pump kit on it, it actually started working. Now I'm getting more into pump, which I greatly regret not doing sooner.
LightShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2013, 04:23 PM #2
LightShow

Suppose I missed the part about me asking if anyone had any ideas on what I could do about the detent covers, that wouldn't sacrifice performance?
Old 01-15-2013, 05:18 PM #3
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
If the eye cover interferes with the AT lever (which it shouldn't, if I recall) you can always just remove the left side cover.

Dual pump arms on something with a secondary guide rod really just adds friction, and not much else. Probably not worth the extra trouble of having one made and actually installing and removing the thing when you want to.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:29 PM #4
LightShow

That's kind of what I was thinking with the dual guide arm, but I've never really done any tinkering with anything like that. Really wasn't sure. Was also just looking at the back block and it definitely looks like it would be more of a pain in the *** to mess with, and more than likely make it look not so pretty.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:21 PM #5
Razo818
Focus on Skill Not BPS

I have an X-5 and cannot for the life of me get the front block screw to come out. Was yours Hard to get out? I think mine was put on with Loctite. Suggestions on how to get it out...
Razo818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:24 PM #6
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Use an allen key. Then, phone a friend.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:27 PM #7
Razo818
Focus on Skill Not BPS

This is phoning a friend...oh and no Allen keys fit this screw either. It takes a star screw.
Razo818 is offline   Reply With Quote