Old 01-29-2013, 09:03 PM #22
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjoe11 View Post

it would save you time in the long run because your pack would be 10 lbs lighter. And you can carry several of those tiny co2 cartridges for those inflators, I would make everyone carry 2.
I do not know how easily available they are across the world. And if OP is flying to his destinations, I would assume that the airlines would not appreciate multiple pressurized cartridges on their aircraft. Regs have to be removed from an air tank when flying. They may just confiscate his 12 grams and may choose other items that they do not wish to allow on board while his bag is open.

There may also be a potential issue in taking the 12 grams across any international borders as well.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:09 PM #23
Bigjoe11
"The Boss"

Bigjoe11 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bigjoe11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bigjoe11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bigjoe11 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblindchicken View Post
I do not know how easily available they are across the world. And if OP is flying to his destinations, I would assume that the airlines would not appreciate multiple pressurized cartridges on their aircraft. Regs have to be removed from an air tank when flying. They may just confiscate his 12 grams and may choose other items that they do not wish to allow on board while his bag is open.

There may also be a potential issue in taking the 12 grams across any international borders as well.
That's a good point. The air tank would be just as vulnerable at boarder crossings though. I wonder if you can fly with 12 grams, I know you can ship them; any international stock class players out there?
Old 01-29-2013, 09:14 PM #24
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
The air tank would be more likely to pass at any border crossings because of the details placed on each tank. Might cause a hold up until they figure out what it actually is, but more likely to be quicker than them not believing these multiple silver cartridge having no relativity with drug trafficking.

I doubt they could be taken on an airplane because they cannot be depressurized (well they could, but what would the point of that be?).
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:59 PM #25
the kid in the snake

Ok so a lot of points have been brought up that I did not think about lol.
First off i will be riding a bicycle around, not a motorbike.
I will be traveling by ship, no need for restriction worries.
I would bring a hand pump if it was a regular 40 psi tube, and if I were going to be alone in my travels. However, I need to fill to 90 psi and I need to be able to be mobile at a moments notice while away. The tank idea is much quicker, and I can repair multiple flats with ease and without killing my arms.

Thanks ttboy, I like that setup a lot, especially the hardline connection of the asa->regulator.

Thanks everybody once again but I think everything's been covered
the kid in the snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:58 AM #26
harbinger626
pump happy

harbinger626 supports Team VICIOUS
harbinger626 plays in the APPA beginner division
harbinger626 is attending Decay of Nations VI
harbinger626 supports Empire
my question is will a single 3k fill be enough for your journey and if it isnt how will you be refilling the tank i would imagine that might lead to issues because of the different tank certifications around the world like for instance i know europe is on the pi system while america uses dot certification
t=3884848[/url],spy sunglasses
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post77080177
ion project
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3964188
harbinger626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:57 AM #27
the kid in the snake

A single 3k tank should suffice for my journey since I'm not planning on running over nails at every turn. Also, I might bring a 90/45k tank and equalize pressures between the two after I have to use the tank.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:32 PM #28
hmcl281

has been a member for 10 years
just get a hand pump

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Acces...e m416e9fd8d0

we are talking about a bike tire and not a car tire, should not take to long to fill
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:50 PM #29
Bigjoe11
"The Boss"

Bigjoe11 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bigjoe11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bigjoe11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bigjoe11 supports DLX Technology
a 90/45 tank? at that point, you might as well just bring a full size bike pump and just use that.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:48 AM #30
the kid in the snake

I would bring a hand pump if I didn't have to fill to 90 psi or time wasn't an issue. I already told you why I decided to use a tank instead.
and the 90/45 tank will stay on board the ship to refill the smaller 13/3k tank that I will be carrying with me.
I'm fairly certain this thread can go and die now. I wanted info on a setup and I got that. Thanks to everyone who has contributed.