Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-29-2013, 06:10 AM #1
Tank Wilson

Let's talk about homosexuals

Again, this thread could be moved to another sub-forum, but that wouldn't quite reflect the reality of our political landscape. Let me explain to those who need it why homosexuality is not a choice.

If being gay is a choice, that would mean straight people would have to admit they can physically be aroused by the same sex. Did you get that?

That means Joe the Plumber must admit when he sees a man in a speedo, he gets an erection, but it is his choice not to act on his desires. That has got to be the biggest bunch of BS I've ever heard come from the GOP, especially Herman Cain.

I had a gay roommate one time I was convinced I could sell him on some sweet vagina. Every time I mentioned vagina, he would yell out "OMG SO NASTY STOP!" I asked him why it grosses him out, and he went on and on about how nasty a vagina is, it almost turned me gay too.

(Some of you dudes know what he's talking about, eh?)

How do you force a man to love vagina? Answer me that, please.

You can't. No amount of Church, hypnosis, hell, even electro-shock therapy can turn a gay man straight.

But, if you still contend that as a straight man, being gay is a choice, then you concede you have achieved an erection at the thought or sight of another man.

Which means you're gay and holding yourself back from good times.

So, now that I've proven to you that being gay is not a choice, what arguments do you have as to why you should oppress and limit the freedoms of your brothers and sisters? You must show your work. Please no scripture.

P.S. I made this meme for you

Advertisement
Old 01-30-2013, 01:44 PM #2
EvanActon

EvanActon plays in the PSP
EvanActon plays in the APPA D4 division
to me the word marriage means a man and a woman. however, if you are gay it really dosent bother me, you can live together and get the same benifits as a married couple can. is it that hard to just be " legally bound"?

another thing, dont forget people get married in a CHURCH by a PASTOR. christian religon teaches against homosexuality, so why would you want to be " married " in the first place?

((( 0 )))
shockers for life.
37% of teams have a fat kid on their team. if you are that fat kid put this in your sig
(\_/)
(o.o)
(> <)My Bunny's Gunna Kill You...
EvanActon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:58 PM #3
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
For starters, Christianity didn't start marriages.

Secondly, I think polygamy/Polyamory is cool.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:18 PM #4
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
For starters, Christianity didn't start marriages.

Secondly, I think polygamy/Polyamory is cool.
In the 1800s The RCC temporarily allowed polygamy in Paraguay.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:34 PM #5
Snake13
Escaped Rakkasan

Snake13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanActon View Post
to me the word marriage means a man and a woman. however, if you are gay it really dosent bother me, you can live together and get the same benifits as a married couple can. is it that hard to just be " legally bound"?

another thing, dont forget people get married in a CHURCH by a PASTOR. christian religon teaches against homosexuality, so why would you want to be " married " in the first place?
I was married by a justice of the peace because my wife and I are agnostic, does my marriage not count too?
Snake13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:13 PM #6
OccupyST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake13 View Post
I was married by a justice of the peace because my wife and I are agnostic, does my marriage not count too?
^ This.
OccupyST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:33 PM #7
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:

So Jews don't get married? Muslims don't marry? People of the Taoist faith don't get married? Buddhists don't get married? Pretty sure atheists get married. None of these people do it in a church, nor by a pastor.

If you're fine with gays, why is it that hard to just "let them be married"?

Your church doesn't have to allow such marriages themselves, but you have no right to refrain rights from others simply because of a religious belief.

Anyone can get married by anyone who holds a proper license to witness and sanction the event. Religious affiliation doesn't matter. Marriage is a state-recognized thing, not a religious recognized thing. Your church isn't the one giving the tax breaks. You are legally obligated to confirm your marriage through a state issued document that is signed by both partners. If the state is the one that determines legal marriage status, the opportunity should be open to all. Government should not discriminate based on religious belief. It should work off fact and fact alone.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:26 PM #8
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Okay, EvanActon was wrong. This has been adequately established. No need to berate the kid.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:29 PM #9
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Gross
Old 01-30-2013, 07:26 PM #10
OccupyST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
No need to berate the kid.
It probably took him about a minute or two to write that bit about church. If he didn't use that time to think critically about an obvious flaw in the argument, he deserves to be berated with correction.

His "legally bound" remark deserves even more correction, but I won't get into that, as it too was understood/corrected to death in the previous thread.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:33 PM #11
automagsrule
LOIC

Quote:

I'll not pile on regarding the whole marriage as a religious institution vs marriage as a social institution, I think that's been thoroughly covered.

Instead, I'll just say regarding your "legally bound" argument of receiving marriage benefits through something like marriage, but not: separate but equal has never let us down before, so you may really be on to something with that idea.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
automagsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:46 PM #12
corporationpaintball
too legit to quit

Annual Supporting Member
corporationpaintball is a Moderator
corporationpaintball is BST Legit
corporationpaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
corporationpaintball supports our troops
corporationpaintball is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
corporationpaintball is Boss
Quote:

Marriage in the United States represents a number of legal rights, not religious. Marriage equality isn't about letting gays get married in churches (don't see why they would, I'm not going to) it's about extending the same legal rights as heterosexual people.

You can keep your religious sense of marriage, I'm just looking for legal equality for my friends and family who are now second class citizens fighting for equality.

Old Feedback (+20/-0) | New Feedback (+37/-0)
Annual Supporting Member Council Elite
corporationpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:20 PM #13
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupyST View Post
It probably took him about a minute or two to write that bit about church. If he didn't use that time to think critically about an obvious flaw in the argument, he deserves to be berated with correction.

His "legally bound" remark deserves even more correction, but I won't get into that, as it too was understood/corrected to death in the previous thread.
Be quiet, evolutionary anomaly.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:44 PM #14
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporationpaintball View Post
You can keep your religious sense of marriage, I'm just looking for legal equality for my friends and family who are now second class citizens fighting for equality.
Cool slogan dude.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:07 PM #15
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Cool slogan dude.
MLK jr is rolling in his grave.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:54 PM #16
EvanActon

EvanActon plays in the PSP
EvanActon plays in the APPA D4 division
ill admit it, was not familiar with a justice of peace, i live in alabama and if you get married its usually in a church.

i never said gay couples shouldnt have the same rights as a heterosexual couple, i have a relative and several friends who are. however, call me crazy ignornant bible-thumping redneck, i just think personally the word marriage means a man and woman. not that they are any better, its just the word. but oblivously thats just me

((( 0 )))
shockers for life.
37% of teams have a fat kid on their team. if you are that fat kid put this in your sig
(\_/)
(o.o)
(> <)My Bunny's Gunna Kill You...
EvanActon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:23 PM #17
OccupyST

Ask your several friends about your "personal thoughts".
Old 01-31-2013, 06:28 PM #18
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

Since gay people can't have kids (which provide a net benefit to society) they don't deserve any tax breaks.
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:28 PM #19
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
Back to the adoption debate.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:34 PM #20
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupyST View Post
Ask your several friends about your "personal thoughts".
Not all gays demonize people who support traditional marriage.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:41 PM #21
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Back to the adoption debate.
Raising kids =/= having kids
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote