Community Focus

Old 01-15-2013, 08:21 AM #22
TX_Kaoskid
Bobert

TX_Kaoskid plays in the PSP
TX_Kaoskid owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TX_Kaoskid plays in the APPA D3 division
TX_Kaoskid has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I've never shot the vapor or the demon,so I'm not talking about that one.

Luxe-shoots really nice, but maintenance is a ***** sometimes (it has eye ribbon. RIBBON!!)

Gt- I personally don't like how the GT feels. I loved my vx but there's something about the GT that I don't like

Geo 3- same thing as a geo 2.1 but now you can change the solenoid settings (I have an ego 11, and I have never touched mine)

DM- I personally love every DM ever made, but they have been known to be finicky for some people.

All I'm trying to say is that every marker has it's flaws. Test things out, get the one you like the most.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2013, 08:57 AM #23
randomdean

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsboy View Post
and if u didnt notice luxe came with the the macroline free design and the macdev copied that. u cant be topdog when u just copying a idea somebody already created 5yrs before u decide to try it(macdev) ask the world cup champs what they were using when they won, wasnt a gt
I love 12 year olds, they always fail to look far enough in the past to make informed comments. If dlx was the first to use a macro free, air through grip design then explain the sl68 by tippmann, armsons, and the multiple other guns that had gas through grip frames in the 80's. Are you insinuation those companies used time travel to come to the future to "copy" off the luxe or is it a fairly common idea for air to channeled through. Everything is a copy of something, it always has been and always will be.

Quote:
I never said the clone copied the luxe drivetrain, i said macroline free design, so go back and read, u cant argue if u don't own both
Which as shown by my above statements, is flat out wrong. You can't argue if you don't do adequate research to make sure your claims are true, or at least have the arguing and spin skills to make the illusion that it is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1WoodsBaller View Post
Everything everyone writes on here is opinion.
Except when opinion is phrased and defended as fact.

Last edited by randomdean : 01-15-2013 at 09:03 AM.
randomdean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:02 PM #24
dgusa

Annual Supporting Member
dgusa donated to help Peyton Trent
dgusa supports Team VICIOUS
dgusa supports Team VICIOUS
dgusa has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ok I own 2 vapors, a luxe 2.0 and a geo3 so here is my take.

Luxe - shoots very nice, talking board is annoying, feels good in the hands though. Can be finicky if you don't maintain properly.

Geo3 - shoots pretty good, feels good in the hand, love pe boards for ease of use (other guns lately have all been egos so I'm used to them.

Vapor - if you dedicate some time to setting them up right they shoot very nice. Getting barrel kit and both scythe and bump trigger styles is a plus. Grips are a bit bulky, but still feels ok in hand. Ape board can be daunting for the first time user. Plus side is when upgraded parts come out you just email Machine (if you're registered), and they'll send them out. Can be finicky if you don't maintain properly.

I'm happy with all three models, but think the vapor is my favorite followed closely by the luxe. Geo 3 is my dependable workhorse though.
Chiefs T2
Vapor Vendetta
dgusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:32 AM #25
hockeyfights118
I Bleed Blue

hockeyfights118 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hockeyfights118 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
hockeyfights118 supports Empire
The talking board on a luxe is just a waste IMO.

The GT is the best spoolie on the market.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:13 AM #26
yab0iialex

Ok first off screw the luxe I have used it a few times borrowed from a friend and I never used a gun with so many problems between cycles or even accuracy and that's on the barrel which is just like the freak kit but new smh & I have decided to get either a used dm9-10 I miss my dm10 so much and it feels amazing in my hands I wouldn't want to shoot anything else best gun I owned
yab0iialex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:58 AM #27
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I never said the clone copied the luxe drivetrain, i said macroline free design, so go back and read, u cant argue if u don't own both
The macroline free design? You mean the thing DLX copied from the mini?

Also, I wouldn't call macroless an improvement. Its just more places for the gun to leak at. More to go wrong = less reliable IMO.

Lastly, as far as the talking board on the luxe. That is called innovation. Sometimes when you try new things you fall flat on your face, but at least DLX isn't trying to come up with new and interesting things and not just sticking with what is safe; shocker copy/paste drivetrain not withstanding, but when you have a successful design you don't just abandon it.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 01-23-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:38 PM #28
JC001
CrownPB

JC001 plays in the PSP
JC001 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JC001 posts videos on PbNation
JC001 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
Except the clone is smoother than a luxe, quieter than a luxe, (IMO) has a better board than the luxe, is more efficient than a luxe and is more comfortable than a luxe. Looks to me that the bar has been raised at the luxe isn't the top dog.
As far as quietness and smoothness I would say it is very very close. The GT is without a doubt more efficient, has an OLED board vs talking and IMO better balanced.
JC001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:45 PM #29
BobbyDanger
Hold my beer watch this

BobbyDanger is BST Trusted
BobbyDanger is attending Decay of Nations VII
op: of the three the dm13. However the clone gt is the best shooting marker on the market. Bar none.
BobbyDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:36 AM #30
TS4life

How does the Vanguard Demon compare?
TS4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:09 AM #31
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

tlmiller is for the Gunfight
IMO, it's better value than any of them. With the 2013 upgrades, it's as smooth as the Luxe or the Vapor, more effficient than the Luxe (I've never used a Vapor enough to have an idea of efficiency so can't say), and I still prefer the trigger to all 3. Also, I HATE the Luxe board with, as mentioned earlier in the thread, the heat of a thousand firey suns. For that reason alone, I'd put it at the bottom of the list. I also think it's the least comfortable marker currently mass-produced, so I really dislike shooting Luxes. For my money, I'd get a Demon over any of these (in fact, I did).

2014 Vapor FST

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:43 AM #32
Weroliera (Banned)

No experience with any of these but I would go geo3 for it holds its ground in reliable dependable. Workhorse
To me it is the most important thing when I'm out in the field I know it's Gona work
I know what it feels to drive over an hour to a field get paint pay admission and then BAM. No working gun? It seriously feels like theirs no tomarow
Like the sky turns black! (Not grey) F***EN black
Aeast it feels that way to me lol
Weroliera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:38 PM #33
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

tlmiller is for the Gunfight
If cared for correctly, I've never had a problem with dependability on any marker mentioned in this thread.

2014 Vapor FST

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:51 PM #34
Weroliera (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller View Post
If cared for correctly, I've never had a problem with dependability on any marker mentioned in this thread.
Yes. If you take care of it
It will take care of you
But we are not all like you. Sadly
Some people aren't really nice to their guns
So figure out what kind of person you are
I became a lil neglecting on my guns because I come from an a5 tippmann
And I got accustomed to just grab and shoot.
But I'm slowly learning with my axe to lube it
Old 01-31-2013, 03:02 PM #35
pepformance
Pepper

pepformance plays in the PSP
pepformance donated to help Peyton Trent
pepformance posts videos on PbNation
pepformance plays in the APPA D3 division
I absolutely love my new vapor. My old geo3 was a nice gun as well, but the feel of the vapor shooting is something I fell in love with imediately.
pepformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:40 PM #36
Weroliera (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepformance View Post
I absolutely love my new vapor. My old geo3 was a nice gun as well, but the feel of the vapor shooting is something I fell in love with imediately.
Without breaking in?
Nice imagine ten cases after??