Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-30-2013, 11:46 AM #1
Str1ngs!

Used DM8

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. Anyway I am getting back into paintball. Used to play all the time in my early teens and then stopped because all the areas in my town shut down. I am now getting back into the sport and I am in need of a new gun. I have considered myself a good player: strong, assertive, fast, unafraid. I did however only play with CO2 markers. I found a great deal on a dye dm8 (my dream gun back then) and I want it bad! The owner is selling it for $500 and it includes the legendary rotor. He says its in great condition and simply wants to sell it as he no longer plays and has no use for it besides making a quick buck. What are some things I need to know about? This will be my first nitro/air marker so I need to know what to look for as far as equipment issues and parts on the gun. I need like a checklist when I go see it and test it out because $500 seems a little too cheap. Thanks in advance for the replies! Cheers!
Str1ngs! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2013, 12:51 PM #2
gamer565
Place ran by hypocrites

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
Be sure do research and read the stickies.

www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=297

gamer565 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:26 PM #3
Str1ngs!

Right, I know how forums work. But I can't seem to find a thread as to what to what to look for when buying a used gun. What are some parts most likely to break or become faulty on used equipment, especially on a DM8? If anything is to go wrong how much would it be to upgrade/replace it? Is $500 a normal asking price for a DM8 + dye rotor? If you are suggesting this is in the wrong thread, I kindly ask a mod to move it to the one you highlighted. I figured I would get more responses in this one since it is a question on whether or not I should pull the trigger on the purchase. I need opinions! As far as figuring out the differences between CO2 and nitro/air I can do on my own. Sometimes search bars within forums straight up blow and in this case it is easier for someone with knowledge to take a minute to answer my questions, rather than me researching for a wasteful amount of time.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:42 PM #4
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

has been a member for 10 years
When you receive the marker, get out the manual and replace all the orings and relube using dow33 greece. get an oring kit and lube.

500 seems a little in the high side for a dm8 and a rotor. as a dm8 can be found for 300ish, and a used rotor for 100.

you will need a HPA tank. you can find a used tank for about 100, or buy new for 120-160 range
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:33 PM #5
Str1ngs!

Oh yeah I forgot to mention it come with a nitrogen tank don't know the max psi in it though.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:44 PM #6
Str1ngs!

Thanks for that. Also how has the technology changed in paintball markers over the course of 4 years? Since this gun came out in 2008, would it be better to get the used high-end gun or get something brand new for a similar price range- I was thinking a dangerous power g4?
Old 01-31-2013, 05:48 AM #7
p8ntballer101
YETI

has been a member for 10 years
i got the g4 and it sadly seems to break just sitting on the gun stand. 500 is high id ask 350 the gun is 5years old bro
APPA Player ID#9837 - CURRENT RANK: D3
FIRE IN THE HOLE!~ DP G4 APE RAMPAGE LED BOARD TECHT BOLT SP FULL FREAK W/ AA TIP ROTOR 77cu NINJA TANK DYE HYPER3 REG EXALT TANK and REG GRIP (onT e c h P B@:: p8ntballer101 )
p8ntballer101 is offline   Reply With Quote