Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-30-2013, 04:49 PM #1
Apollo918
Proud 'Fossil' Owner

Apollo918 plays in the PSP
Apollo918 supports Team VICIOUS
Hydro testing pressures

What pressures are 4500 bottles tested to? Local university does hydro testing but wants to know what pressures to test bottles to.
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2013, 04:55 PM #2
Apollo918
Proud 'Fossil' Owner

Apollo918 plays in the PSP
Apollo918 supports Team VICIOUS
i have reports that it is 7500
3k tanks are 5k

is this accurate?
Old 01-30-2013, 11:59 PM #3
CA_Tectonics

I believe it depends on the regulations for a specific tank manufacturer. There are some odd type things that go along with the test perameters as well. I don't recall specifics but it had something to do with expansion limits or something along those lines.

If you pull up a PDF of a tank's special perit, it will have the testing criteria in it - which will give you the pressure used for that tank manufacturer.

EDIT: Here is a special permit for a Luxfur cylinder: http://www.phmsa.dot.gov/staticfiles...2009100578.pdf . Read up on page 3, part b. The cylinder is to be filled to 5/3 of the marked cylinder pressure. The specifics I couldn't recall have to do with the elastic expansion (part b, ss 2.).
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500

Last edited by CA_Tectonics : 01-31-2013 at 12:06 AM.
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:15 AM #4
rcontrera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo918 View Post
What pressures are 4500 bottles tested to? Local university does hydro testing but wants to know what pressures to test bottles to.
Apparently they don't do LEGAL hydros or they would know what they are doing. Do not get your bottle tested there or they may just turn it into trash.
800-344-9267
FREE SHIPPING for cash orders (cash, money order, wire transfer, check). Shipping is for Continental USA only.
rcontrera is offline   Reply With Quote