edwardadkins3
Trashcan Mode [ON]

edwardadkins3 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
edwardadkins3 is an NCPA player
edwardadkins3 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
edwardadkins3 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoob23 View Post
Hmmmmmmmm.I feel the need to pick up a grammer book and throw it at you......Its I not i.....
*grammar *it's
edwardadkins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:29 AM #23
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardadkins3 View Post
*grammar *it's
its is for ownership, it's is for conjunction of it and is.

Damn most complicated language in the world.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:13 PM #24
Peter Man's Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryMike12 View Post
Lol ranges on the weekends? Rightttt.... And your gunna deploy and do absolutley nothing. Its dieing down and reservists just fill our mags and do janitorial work down range..
*Looking at my location*

wrong country there chief!

Welcome to The National
Peter Man's Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:57 PM #25
Dynamopbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptMotivator View Post
Tinfoil hat a little tight this evening?

And I can tell how "neo-imperialistic" we are by our continued occupation of Iraq.... oh wait..... If you want I can make a cute little hipster post with 3 dollar liberal college words too.
TINFOIL HAT NON-EXISTENT SERGEANT!!!!!!

So where did I fail to comprehend? The continued occupation of Iraq? What for, the false-claimed nukes? Saddam who was once a friend, now a dead foe? OR perhaps maintaining a "we're the best in the world, we WILL **** YOU UP" idealogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Taking a serious look at your original post, I can tell you the US Navy slogan was voted on by new recruits at bootcamp. People that know nothing of what they will be tasked with doing.

The bonds that form, the ties that bind are not to the US Government. They are to the ideals that the ensign represents, they are to their brothers and sisters in arms. People are initially sold a lie, sure, but you can take that lie and do something with it.

Something I have noticed - the vast majority of people are lazy. They are listless, and will do absolutely nothing with their lives. They have no sense of responsibility or ability to work cohesively within a group to accomplish tasks with speed and finality.
It doesn't matter if the slogan was voted by the people in the Navy. How do any of them know the motives the higher powers have? What on earth are you doing in the Middle East aside from maintaining dominance over the oil? There are other agendas being sold to the people.

People are initially sold a lie. That is precisely the problem. How can those who dictate where the world is going be lieing and have their own interests at heart?

I agree the vast majority of people are lazy, look at the ads, or the way people talk. Media wants you to be lazy, just do your mundane job. Your last statements very important... Look at the Peoples Temple, that mother****er got people to put in 16+ hour days easy, why? They had a community, they had goals, it was up to them, most people were equal.

Where do we have a sense of community in this society? Those who own Hondas? The guys who play paintball? A school? These all have their faults (people disagreeing within them), these people, though at times will feel a sense of community, go back into the system day in and day out.

It seems to me the constant bombardment of egotistical/propagandist messages has done its job very well. As seen by the satirical responses.

To attain a world of "peace" or relative "peace", the means are surely non-violent. How the hell can you say your doing good with a gun? Love should be the driving force, not fear. Herea comea the hippy responses.
Dynamopbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:14 PM #26
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamopbers View Post
TINFOIL HAT NON-EXISTENT SERGEANT!!!!!!

So where did I fail to comprehend? The continued occupation of Iraq? What for, the false-claimed nukes? Saddam who was once a friend, now a dead foe? OR perhaps maintaining a "we're the best in the world, we WILL **** YOU UP" idealogy?
Implying anyone claimed Saddam has nukes. Implying we didn't invade Iraq on the word of British and French intelligence. Saddam was never a friend, we just hated Iran more.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:35 PM #27
Dynamopbers

Yes, the media didn't say he had nukes, nor did the president. So....what motives?
Old 02-03-2013, 02:56 PM #28
DyePaintballer2k11
Greek, I am it

DyePaintballer2k11 helped look for balloons
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Everyone signed papers to be baby killers. I don't understand OP's confusion.

USAF
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.
And the machine is bleeding to death.
DyePaintballer2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:28 PM #29
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
Yes, the media didn't say he had nukes, nor did the president. So....what motives?
There was french and british intelligence indicating the presence of WMD's which are not limited to "nukes" i.e. him gassing the Kurds.

And, I already said I love killing little brown babies and bathing in their blood.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:03 AM #30
KurtPB
iLurk

KurtPB is playing at Living Legends VI
KurtPB supports Team VICIOUS
KurtPB supports Team VICIOUS
KurtPB has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
So the OP is a bleeding-heart liberal who doesn't know how to change the channel? Or doesn't understand that people enlist for far more than "blowing **** up". There's enlisting so others don't HAVE to, the want to serve the people. Not a government. I didn't enlist for ole' Bush or Obama, I enlisted for my family, friends and neighbors. To defend the constitution and our lax way of life.

Many of us who are enlisted don't necessarily agree with the initial reason we're here but do see the lives which we help. All you see is what media outlets choose to show which is constant car bombings, stretchers, etc. What they don't show you is the improved training(both security and technical) that has been provided to nations in Southwest Asia, improved medical care on top of much improved medical equipment.

There's really no reason to respond to this thread at all as the OP obviously has his mind made up and because of that he is obviously right and anyone who disagrees is going to be wrong. Just hope he stays in Toronto and doesn't decide to move south.
KurtPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:28 AM #31
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is Legendary
The OP is a faux-intellectual.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:32 AM #32
gun slayer
Yes, I'm an *******.

gun slayer is a Supporting Member
gun slayer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
So...living in Canada and having some of your lovely channels I am exposed to some of the advertising putforth by the US army/navy. It's...interesting to say the least.

It seems there are some general traits they all have in common:
- Get off your *** and do something productive!!! Like...JOIN THE ARRRMMYY YAAAA
- The experience you will gain at the army is an exhilarating worthwhile journey. It's narrowmindedness disciplinary sheepish routines will make sure we maintain the best army in the world. YAAAA!!!!
- We have the best technological weaponry on the planet, we will blow away all of the competition, bar none. Don't you wanna play with guns...and tanks...and helicopters...and airplanes....and OMG yup, theyre in now....drones???
- We always have an enemy (to which we don't really tell you why) that we can **** up...and you bet they keep on coming, I mean...why would we be running all these ads right?
- The army is a great thing to have on your resume. You will stand out of the crowd when looking for further employment oppurtunities.

Army
- Be all you can be
Navy
- A global force for good

Excuuuuuuuuse me? Is noone astonished by the **** they say on these ads? A global force for good? A global force for good? Give me a break, how illusioned must you be to NOT SEE THAT THE UNITED STATES HAS NEVER BEEN ATTACKED SINCE WWII. (don't give me this stuff about 9/11).

So, I guess what I'm trying to ask is....Why in the world would anyone risk their life for the neo-imperialistic superpower the United States is? How much (dare I say) brainwashing goes on?

It is a completely different matter to speak of WWII, so please, enlighten me on your views.

edit: yes I realize most will poke fun somehow, or be in outrage over this post. I would like some half-decent responses however. Just trying to open up minds at the same time open mine
liberal ***** much?
Old 02-05-2013, 06:56 PM #33
Viper37
**** the C.S.A.

has been a member for 10 years
Viper37 helped look for balloons
Fail troll is fail.
Originally posted by Mr.jon: "god viper is raping you guys with the comebacks, not even kidding."
Originally posted by kfresh: "car companys do not intentionally put parts on that will brake"
Viper37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:32 PM #34
Dynamopbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtPB View Post
So the OP is a bleeding-heart liberal who doesn't know how to change the channel? Or doesn't understand that people enlist for far more than "blowing **** up". There's enlisting so others don't HAVE to, the want to serve the people. Not a government. I didn't enlist for ole' Bush or Obama, I enlisted for my family, friends and neighbors. To defend the constitution and our lax way of life.

Many of us who are enlisted don't necessarily agree with the initial reason we're here but do see the lives which we help. All you see is what media outlets choose to show which is constant car bombings, stretchers, etc. What they don't show you is the improved training(both security and technical) that has been provided to nations in Southwest Asia, improved medical care on top of much improved medical equipment.

There's really no reason to respond to this thread at all as the OP obviously has his mind made up and because of that he is obviously right and anyone who disagrees is going to be wrong. Just hope he stays in Toronto and doesn't decide to move south.
Interesting (sarcasm)...well, I don't consider myself a liberal as I don't care all that much about politics. Rather I am a citizen of the earth lol as are you. I can very well change the channel, but a lot of TV is perpetuating the same agenda "buy this product cuz your life will be better".

I see why people enlist, but many do not go deeper into the reason for all this war. It's great that you enlisted for the people close to you, but again...you guys ain't gunna get bombed/shot at(only by your own people)/have a war on your grounds. I can't comment too much on your constitution, though as far as I know this governments been ****ting on it.

What do you mean by the improved training? For what is the training for aside from the medical portion you mention?

There is a damn good reason anyone should question what they are doing in the army. I'm not saying I am right and you are wrong, rather I would like to open your eyes as I see your point of view as well.

No need to worry, I've been to the States a couple times and met a few while travelling, some are just awesome, the majority however....ensures I will not be moving down there.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:46 PM #35
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the PSP
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 donated to help Peyton Trent
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports our troops
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the APPA D3 division
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports DLX Technology
I joined the Marine Corps because as an American I believe and continue to want to believe that as Americans we should give service in some type of armed branch of the military.

You should give time for the country that bears your for a life time and asks really nothing more than paying taxes and being somewhat of a productive member of our ever in my opinion weakling society.

Getting to go overseas and fight thats just part of the gig, I don't care who it was against or why because the military is an extension of politics. My belief wether its right or wrong does not matter. What matters is training those Marines and bringing them home safely.

War instills many faucets that you wont understand because you haven't been exposed to them, while you question our collective reasoning for wanting to serve its the same as asking you why do you live where you live, or why you choose to wipe your *** after you ****.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:28 AM #36
Dynamopbers

Again, you and I are citizens of the earth. It is a collective, assumed system which enough people never question to say they live in a certain part of the planet named "x". For which country will I serve? My parents, born in one, I, born in the neighbouring country, and now living in Canada. I feel most related to my parents background, but...who would I play for in the World Cup if allowed?

With all due respect, I can imagine the compassion and love you have for your country, family and friends. But to blindly serve orders and knowingly do this...Makes me feel something has REALLY gone wrong.

Those questions are not the same. I choose to live where I live because of certain circumstances(realistically I can go anywhere). I choose to whipe my *** after I **** cuz I don't want **** stained undies lol. I hope I explained why...

True I have not been in a war, but must I have been in one to know what it does to people afterwards? If not, I am certain I am unable to read emotion through people. War is not good, it has never been good for both sides. One ends up victorious, one ends up shattered. Listening, understanding, that same compassion you have for your friends, family and country should be given to those on the opposing end. To resort to obliterating the competition is to deduce mankind of its potentials.

My bad I got a lil off track by the end there, but......ya
Old 02-06-2013, 08:27 AM #37
gwhetzler
Bazinga!

So yeah, Canada Americas Hat...

I think South Park made a song about you all up there in the great white north.

But back to the task at hand:

I don't think you will ever understand. You are a hippie liberal through and through. If you don't agree with us get out of this forum. This whole forum was for the military guys and the DEPers wanting to join to get advice.

There are other liberal hippie forums that you should go skulk on over to.

I pretty sure I can say that NONE of us need to have our eyes opened, we are all well aware of what's up and just like to do what we do. You seem to think that we are all drones which couldn't farther from the truth.
gwhetzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:15 AM #38
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the PSP
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 donated to help Peyton Trent
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports our troops
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the APPA D3 division
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Again, you and I are citizens of the earth. It is a collective, assumed system which enough people never question to say they live in a certain part of the planet named "x". For which country will I serve? My parents, born in one, I, born in the neighbouring country, and now living in Canada. I feel most related to my parents background, but...who would I play for in the World Cup if allowed?

With all due respect, I can imagine the compassion and love you have for your country, family and friends. But to blindly serve orders and knowingly do this...Makes me feel something has REALLY gone wrong.

Those questions are not the same. I choose to live where I live because of certain circumstances(realistically I can go anywhere). I choose to whipe my *** after I **** cuz I don't want **** stained undies lol. I hope I explained why...

True I have not been in a war, but must I have been in one to know what it does to people afterwards? If not, I am certain I am unable to read emotion through people. War is not good, it has never been good for both sides. One ends up victorious, one ends up shattered. Listening, understanding, that same compassion you have for your friends, family and country should be given to those on the opposing end. To resort to obliterating the competition is to deduce mankind of its potentials.

My bad I got a lil off track by the end there, but......ya
You choose to live in a country that was invaded and taken over by the French and then fought over by the British and warred over with the Indians. Your country is nothing different than America. The true difference is that America unlike Canada is a place where men have the ability to grow into giants. I canít say the same in Canada that is possible. Nonetheless, if and when their comes a time for you to beg for your life and prove you have a skin between your legs maybe you'll understand what it is to be someone that believes in their country, its more than a piece of dirt or cloth on a flag pole. Its history and the men that carried it on their collective backs to make it what it is today. Kids like you just enjoy those fruits with no real measure of ever giving anything back. You suckle the tit that bears you, yet expecting to be given everything as if you deserve it.

I donít "blindly" follow orders and you taking my words into your own context, I am governed by the articles of war, unlawful orders are not carried out, policies dictate where and what we do like all armies, while we are not going out like the armies of the middle east and killing our population and calling them terrorist you seem to believe something vastly different because once again you have no retrospect of what it is to serve something or belong to a group, organization that has a valued meaning.

You wipe your *** because you donít want **** ever where, well there you answered my first question to you, why do you question the free will of men who believe they should do more with their lives than you do. Why question those that would take an oath to defend home against enemy foreign and domestic. You donít want to be a child with ****ty drawers no more than I wanted a country than my forefathers wanted the British, German, Japanese, Russian or any other country that would so willing bear their colors upon my doorstep. Canada has no value to the world and their fore you canít understand how the world views.

No when I left for war I was 17 years old, I had turned 18 shortly afterwards and killed my first man within minutes of crossing that border into Iraq, I didnít have your notions of destruction. War is bad MmmKay, thanks for that outstanding stance on the policies of armed conflict I think you should teach it at the war college. War and itís romanticize are over played in our culture and especially in the Marine Corps because it is part of our rich history. War is the last thing I want to go do, killing as enjoyable as it sounds has grown old and fighting and patrols tires me to no end. Again these are all concepts you will never understand in your lifetime.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:23 AM #39
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is Legendary
Citizen of the world? You guys should really stop talking with this faux-intellectual. I doubt he will be able to learn anything you are trying to impart on him.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:42 AM #40
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

Immanuel Kant?

-Said nobody, ever.

"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:18 AM #41
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPressure View Post
Immanuel Kant?
I highly doubt that cosmopolitanism has much to do with this guy's use of "citizen of the world".
Old 02-06-2013, 10:31 AM #42
gwhetzler
Bazinga!

I dont think he has even read Kants works.

Speaking of ethics I need to sell those books back too. BookByte sucks
gwhetzler is offline   Reply With Quote