Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-25-2013, 05:48 PM #1
CorruptedPBall3r888

Tippman project salvo sniper help

I'm looking to upgrade my tippman project salvo to play sniper in scenario games. What are some good ways to upgrade it as far as barrels, optics, bipod, etc... Thanks a bunch guys \m/
CorruptedPBall3r888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2013, 09:32 PM #2
Tusken Raider

A 16 inch barrel, the best you can afford. I use CP myself. Optics will require a riser mount, red dot is best., no bipod since it adds more weight.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:17 PM #3
Nahib_Stilgar

What exactly are you hoping to do as a 'sniper'? I don't want this to come across as condisending so I apologize if I do.

It is quite easy to spend money making your Salvo LOOK like a sniper rifle, however it will not perform like one. It will still only perform like a regular paintball marker but now it is longer, heavier, and harder to actually play with...

If you are actually trying to achieve the 'one shot one kill' mind set, then you are far better off looking into other options such as First strikes,Pump and or Pistols which will give you advantage in range or in manuverability.

Paintball is kind or weird like that. You can look the part...or you can play the part, but usually not both.
Nahib_Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:06 PM #4
Boom Master
Scenario Player

You will get some folks to say that there isn't any sniping in paintball. In some ways they are right. You are engaging people at relatively close ranges where they can easily HEAR your marker and then SEE those brightly colored paintballs coming out of that bush you are hiding in. So stalking and crawling for two hours is good for about 15 seconds of sniping followed by a firefight where you are greatly outgunned. It just may not be as much fun as you hope.

BUT tagging players in that 35 yard PLUS range is extremely effective. They do not expect incoming at those distances. The first ball or two are just not considered a threat. Just wild shots flying through the woods. They just don't duck. If there is shooting around, your noise is in the background. If he isn't looking right at you, he will not pay attention to those balls in his peripherial vision. A couple of seconds of not recognizing they are being targeted is all you need. Very handy on high value targets such as General, XOs, Players with Props, mission cards, etc. Sniping at them can really cost the other team points.

My autococker was zilenced in many ways. Just a Puff. They could hear it but not locate the source very easily. So I could tag enough players to make them nervous. Nobody wanted to be the point guy and find out where I was hiding now. I would effectively SLOW the entire squad / team down as they creep through the woods from cover to cover hoping they don't find me. When the other team has 60 minutes to complete a mission, SLOWING them down anyway you can is a GOOD Tactic.

I got nick named Head Hunter for good reason using this gizmo I made. Better than any optics you can buy because it has a RANGE FINDER.

Here is the link to the Auto Rangefinder.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post77932932

You and anyone interested can e mail me at ddupont@charter.net and I will be happy to send you more pics, info, and walk you through a successful build.

Boom

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......

Last edited by Boom Master : 01-30-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:15 PM #5
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Ok, Went and looked at the Salvo for adding the Auto Rangefinder.

Elevating the rear peep sight should not be too much trouble. Your peep will come off that Picantany rail. Add a Riser or two.... and put the peep sight on top.

Ten bucks taint too bad.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Profile-Ri.../dp/B003TWZG4G

Searched" Picantinay Rail "UTG High Profile Riser Mount with 3 slots"
Lots of stuff to look at and spend money on.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_2?...qid=1359605035

Dont know if this would be high enough but with another riser underneath it, might work. I would worry a bit about the down angle of the handle in the sight picture. It also might block you view of the front post requiring it to be mounted higher. Tippman makes a handle for their products. I would find a store and try it ON for size.

Ideally, you want that smallest bead hovering just above the tip of the barrel through you peep sight. That front rail will block that view. If you can remove that rail, you will have to have that rear sight, that much higher IF you are going to mount the front post on the front of the picatinny rail.

Another link for both high and low risers and a high riser to go under that carry handle.

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSe...+profile+riser

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......

Last edited by Boom Master : 01-30-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:10 PM #6
uscav24

uscav24 is playing at Living Legends VI
uscav24 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
uscav24 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
uscav24 supports DLX Technology
Hey guys just wanted to say that with my project salvo I did put an 18 inch barrel on it and I'm not saying I can snipe now but it's way more accurate than the stick barrel. So definitely buy a new barrel for the salvo because the stock one is junk.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:40 PM #7
ECHO CHARLIE
F = FRUIT LOOP

ECHO CHARLIE has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i use a salvo myself. as far as a barrel goes... rap4 makes rifled APEX 2 barrels... this provides an accurate, curvable round. a lot of people will say a scope but keep in mind it's a paintball gun... you can use a scope but keep away from high powered magnifications... lasers are nice but are often not permitted... if you have a big gun which you probably will a bipod is nice
  • Tippmann
  • ETC.
Message me if you want to sell!!!!
ECHO CHARLIE is offline   Reply With Quote