yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Pro View Post
I hope you all know yuik is the biggest troll on here... that won't ever get perma banned. Take anything he says on here with the tinniest grain of salt you can find.
I mean you can throw as many insults or attempts to troll at me as you want . Yet you make no statements on how anything I said was
Wrong .

Why do we "need" Exclusive contracts ? How does this help our sport grow ?

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2013, 08:23 PM #569
TheRedButton

TheRedButton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
I mean you can throw as many insults or attempts to troll at me as you want . Yet you make no statements on how anything I said was
Wrong .

This has literally been covered at least a dozen times in this thread alone. If you can't find one explanation in this thread that makes enough sense to you, there is no hope of finding one.

Even eforce's response to last year's Valken drama is a great explanation and holds true despite the number of months ago that it was written.

Cory Persson Fan #1
TheRedButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:15 PM #570
private_silver
Fire and Forget.

private_silver is an NCPA player
private_silver plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Far from the truth Chris . You don't think any players play on two different teams at
The same time ? It's not like
These "sponsorships" are tossing guys thousands of dollars where they would actually care if they follow the terms of the sponsorship or not .
He's talking about a majority there bro.

Take for example, a standard team with a paint sponsor from GI (Even just a partial one). Now why would they choose to go play (Short of being quite fairly well off financially) in another league where their sponsorship DOES NOT follow them? Now not only do they have entry fees (So no change there), but now they have to supply, fully O.O.P, their paint?

I fail to see why (or how for that matter), unless you have a millionaire owner/coach/rich kiddie on the team, that you would willingly go play multiple leagues and pay that much more than stick with a guaranteed one.
Crossfire 68/45 w/ Stealth
private_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:56 PM #571
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconPunchKid View Post
I think the PSP needs to jump off its high horse.
Why should they? They have a superior product - Their webcast and events are better and more well-run than their competitors. Their business is run more professionally (case in point: PSP execs don't have 3-year old meltdowns on Facebook and ban media from their events), the fact they're capitalizing on favourable conditions in the marketplace means they're more savvy.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:00 PM #572
98Pro
Asylum 502

98Pro plays in the PSP
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
98Pro plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Wrong .

I'm just saying you purposely push peoples buttons. Lol. I'm not saying it as an insult.
"Alright you guys are my ginger crew, you gotta act hard af" - Todd Martinez
Play SEPS!
98Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:24 PM #573
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Also I know I am in a much smaller minority that prefers playing 7 man , I was fortunate enough to have a field that had a nppl field since way back . But even if you prefer 5 man having only
One league hurts you because there is less competition to Deliver a superior product or service .

Quote:
Originally Posted by private_silver View Post

He's talking about a majority there bro.

Take for example, a standard team with a paint sponsor from GI (Even just a partial one). Now why would they choose to go play (Short of being quite fairly well off financially) in another league where their sponsorship DOES NOT follow them? Now not only do they have entry fees (So no change there), but now they have to supply, fully O.O.P, their paint?

I fail to see why (or how for that matter), unless you have a millionaire owner/coach/rich kiddie on the team, that you would willingly go play multiple leagues and pay that much more than stick with a guaranteed one.
Some people really love to play man . I know people who played in 4 leagues Ncpa a regional xball league and would guest for any nppl or PSP team that was within 16 hours driving . It's not the majority but it's some
People

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!

Last edited by yuik : 01-27-2013 at 10:27 PM.
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:48 PM #574
private_silver
Fire and Forget.

private_silver is an NCPA player
private_silver plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:

Some people really love to play man . I know people who played in 4 leagues Ncpa a regional xball league and would guest for any nppl or PSP team that was within 16 hours driving . It's not the majority but it's some
People
And there's your answer. I agree completely with you that there are people that do it. Hell, if i could afford it (both money AND time) I would try and do the same thing. But for most people, basically 90-95% of the income that these leagues bring in, is NOT from people who can afford to play in 4 leagues at once. If you're the average Joe Schmoe who's good enough to be playing upper level tournaments, even some of them are hard pressed to be able to afford to make it to every tournament (after factoring in EVERYTHING, from flight/driving to hotel to entry fees, gear if anything goes down, etc.)
Crossfire 68/45 w/ Stealth
private_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:13 AM #575
YohY

Quote:
One league hurts you because there is less competition to Deliver a superior product or service .
Totally wrong conclusion -

Just take a look at other professional sports including football and basketball. Once the leagues merged the resources, sponsorship money, advertising revenue, etc swelled and provided the foundation for a much better product.

Even at that - there really is no competition between the leagues. NPPL is not dying it is dead. Surely a national tourney comes to town people will play it regardless of the format but the proof is with the field owners. What percent of speedball fields in this country are NPPL 7 man fields?
YohY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:41 AM #576
JonnyFB
Spantastik™

JonnyFB posts videos on PbNation
JonnyFB has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
JonnyFB is a PbNation video superstar
JonnyFB is a videographer
You cant compare the merger of football and basketball leagues to paintball because the NPPL and PSP are entirely different formats and in essence different games. Thats like saying "yeah we should merge the professional arena football league and the NFL, it will work out great". And as for what kind of speedball fields are up i know for a fact that most fields set the field up according to what tourney is coming up, if its an NPPL event coming up youll see a 7 man field and if a PSP event is coming up youll see a 5 man field, that attitude in itself is why people claim the NPPL is "dead" but in reality it is still very much a part of paintball and just like in 06-08 greed will be the sports downfall in the end.
JonnyFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:01 AM #577
Naut
T M G

Naut plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyFB View Post
You cant compare the merger of football and basketball leagues to paintball because the NPPL and PSP are entirely different formats and in essence different games. Thats like saying "yeah we should merge the professional arena football league and the NFL, it will work out great". And as for what kind of speedball fields are up i know for a fact that most fields set the field up according to what tourney is coming up, if its an NPPL event coming up youll see a 7 man field and if a PSP event is coming up youll see a 5 man field, that attitude in itself is why people claim the NPPL is "dead" but in reality it is still very much a part of paintball and just like in 06-08 greed will be the sports downfall in the end.
QFT!
- Virsix|Apparel - PM me to get a Kwiky rotor speedfeed!
***RaT-PacK***
Naut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:16 AM #578
AJ$

AJ$ plays in the PSP
AJ$ supports Empire
AJ$ is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by YohY View Post
Totally wrong conclusion -

Just take a look at other professional sports including football and basketball. Once the leagues merged the resources, sponsorship money, advertising revenue, etc swelled and provided the foundation for a much better product.

Even at that - there really is no competition between the leagues. NPPL is not dying it is dead. Surely a national tourney comes to town people will play it regardless of the format but the proof is with the field owners. What percent of speedball fields in this country are NPPL 7 man fields?
Agree. 80% of fields I've been to across the US have had a PSP field rather than a NPPL field. Plus, one league with possibly double the teams in it than before sounds legit to me.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:37 PM #579
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
If they are already bedfellows though, what keeps them from price fixing as a whole?
Take a look at what just happened in EBooks. Apple gets publisher to leave Amazon, promising they can charge more under them and then all the companies wind up in court for price fixing and are now settling because they got caught.
Not a definitive here and that's a larger scale thing but I'm pretty sure other companies have gotten in trouble for this type of behavior. Not really extortion but maybe strong arming.
Microsoft (prolly another way too big of an example) got hit with antitrust for telling vendors, if you carry this brand, we charge you more. This seems to be the flipside of that as the PSP holds the cards in this game.
Not really sure what to think as I am new to paintball but as seen recently in and even in PBs past, there has been definitely some shenanigans and just because you support PSP (I like the format too) doesn't mean it's right.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:53 PM #580
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteGargoyle View Post
If they are already bedfellows though, what keeps them from price fixing as a whole?
Take a look at what just happened in EBooks. Apple gets publisher to leave Amazon, promising they can charge more under them and then all the companies wind up in court for price fixing and are now settling because they got caught.
Not a definitive here and that's a larger scale thing but I'm pretty sure other companies have gotten in trouble for this type of behavior. Not really extortion but maybe strong arming.
Microsoft (prolly another way too big of an example) got hit with antitrust for telling vendors, if you carry this brand, we charge you more. This seems to be the flipside of that as the PSP holds the cards in this game.
Not really sure what to think as I am new to paintball but as seen recently in and even in PBs past, there has been definitely some shenanigans and just because you support PSP (I like the format too) doesn't mean it's right.

This has been talked about numerous times in this thread... The realists claim there will be nothing to keep the PSP from raising prices since there will be no other national leagues to complete with.

The PSP fanboys and people who don't know how a competitive economy works think the prices will go down when there is no competition keeping pricing where it's currently at.

Although all that aside, we will not know the PSP's true intentions until it happens.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:00 PM #581
swanton23
ASCENSION

swanton23 is BST Trusted
swanton23 plays in the PSP
swanton23 plays in the APPA D4 division
swanton23 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I think we should all just give it a rest and let this thread die

ASCENSION
swanton23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:03 PM #582
BobbyDanger
Hold my beer watch this

BobbyDanger is BST Trusted
BobbyDanger is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbstar1792 View Post
anddddddddd who cares.
My thoughts
BobbyDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:40 PM #583
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDanger View Post
My thoughts
The way I understand, everyone that plays should. From what I understand, paintball lost a lot of choices in markers with the last big shake up. Not saying this is that huge, but less competition stifles competition and innovation. And the consumers and players lose out in the end. I would love to see what some of the others would be putting out today had they still been around.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:37 AM #584
KurtPB
iLurk

Annual Supporting Member
KurtPB is playing at Living Legends VI
KurtPB is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteGargoyle View Post
The way I understand, everyone that plays should. From what I understand, paintball lost a lot of choices in markers with the last big shake up. Not saying this is that huge, but less competition stifles competition and innovation. And the consumers and players lose out in the end. I would love to see what some of the others would be putting out today had they still been around.
There still seem to be plenty of markers for people to choose from but with all the focus on big sponsors and their high ends, it's easy to overlook them.
KurtPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 AM #585
skydad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
This has been talked about numerous times in this thread... The realists claim there will be nothing to keep the PSP from raising prices since there will be no other national leagues to complete with.

The PSP fanboys and people who don't know how a competitive economy works think the prices will go down when there is no competition keeping pricing where it's currently at.

Although all that aside, we will not know the PSP's true intentions until it happens.
You are the one that does not understand how a competitive economy works and at that it surely does not apply to this situation. First PSP does not compete with the NPPL any longer. That ended sometime ago and the NPPL is bleeding the industry by holding on. Take a survey of the number of field owners that have NPPL fields and you will understand that the NPPL is dead.

Second PSP pricing has nothing to do with NPPL and everything to do with the market. Participants of any sport have "X" number of dollars to spend. They must feel they are getting a value for the money they spend. Once the price exceeds the value people stop attending. This will happen regardless whether there is an NPPL or not.

Not a "fanboy" of PSP and in fact strongly perfer formats without coaching but the facts are hard to ignore. There are virtually no NPPL fields left. Hard to support a national circuit when the field they use is virtually extinct.

If NPPL had any hope to survive they would adapt PSP fields and bunkers so players could go to any field and play the format they prefer. Even at that it most likely is too late. It is best for the sport if NPPL goes away.
skydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:44 AM #586
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is Legendary
phillysteve is a Forum Captain
Quote:
We got a call yesterday from someone at PSP.
They said if you Dump NPPL we will let you in the PSP
and you have to pay 10k more then other paint sponsors.
Extortion?? Wow! Glad I have it recorded.
Quote:
From Russian Legion, Can you believe this B.S.?

Hello Dear Valken,
Somehow a few hours after you guys signed the contract we have received an email from PSP where they said that VALKEN paint is not aloud there. So first of all we really need to understand under politics(because we do not want to be the cause of those problems for you) and second we wish to discuss plan B for a situation where VALKEN will be out of PSP.

How does anyone take these people seriously? A bunch of illiterate children stomping their feet.
GLOCK 19
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:28 PM #587
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydad View Post
You are the one that does not understand how a competitive economy works and at that it surely does not apply to this situation. First PSP does not compete with the NPPL any longer. That ended sometime ago and the NPPL is bleeding the industry by holding on. Take a survey of the number of field owners that have NPPL fields and you will understand that the NPPL is dead.

Second PSP pricing has nothing to do with NPPL and everything to do with the market. Participants of any sport have "X" number of dollars to spend. They must feel they are getting a value for the money they spend. Once the price exceeds the value people stop attending. This will happen regardless whether there is an NPPL or not.

Not a "fanboy" of PSP and in fact strongly perfer formats without coaching but the facts are hard to ignore. There are virtually no NPPL fields left. Hard to support a national circuit when the field they use is virtually extinct.

If NPPL had any hope to survive they would adapt PSP fields and bunkers so players could go to any field and play the format they prefer. Even at that it most likely is too late. It is best for the sport if NPPL goes away.
Both fields closest to me have NPPL layouts up. The field for one local tournament series (a couple hours from me) uses NPPL layouts. Although another 2 fields near me use PSP layouts.

I personally prefer the NPPL race to format. Can't stand that sideline coaching! haha... I think I would play PSP if they just got rid of that 1 damn rule.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:02 PM #588
Henrybg
Notorious

Annual Supporting Member
Henrybg plays in the PSP
Henrybg supports Cereal Killerz 2
Henrybg is an NCPA player
Henrybg plays in the APPA D4 division
Henrybg is Boss
Henrybg is All In
Henrybg owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
Both fields closest to me have NPPL layouts up. The field for one local tournament series (a couple hours from me) uses NPPL layouts. Although another 2 fields near me use PSP layouts.

I personally prefer the NPPL race to format. Can't stand that sideline coaching! haha... I think I would play PSP if they just got rid of that 1 damn rule.
I feel like the NPPL format has always been catered towards the west coast anyway. And most fields in the MW, East Coast, and South tend to either only have PSP or leave PSP up for most of the year except for those few weekends when there are teams looking to practice for NPPL.
Henrybg is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.