Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 10:10 AM #1450
Alan777
Tree Fitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbudgethero View Post
All season michelins: Pilot Sport A/S Plus ZP, but it doesn't matter on very slippy surfaces + torquey short wheel base car.
there's your solution. Get another m car, dont drive it when it's ****ty out
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2013, 10:14 AM #1451
lowbudgethero
Boomer

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan777 View Post
there's your solution. Get another m car, dont drive it when it's ****ty out
for the record it was sunny, just in the shadows it was starting to freeze again
Old 01-30-2013, 10:15 AM #1452
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

Get another M car

Don't drive it unless it's >50*F out

2001 Viggen // Stage 1 Oil Injection // Stage 3 Exhaust Leak // Wet Clutch Mod
Old 01-30-2013, 10:19 AM #1453
bluepurplered
completely 100% serious

winter tires and common sense go a long way
Old 01-30-2013, 10:22 AM #1454
Alan777
Tree Fitty

Quote:
for the record it was sunny, just in the shadows it was starting to freeze again
yeahhhhh...it's the temp that matters. I learned that the hard way after i wrecked my vette in ~30* temps.
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Old 01-30-2013, 10:25 AM #1455
HLG Apocalyptic
Do a Barrell Roll!

HLG Apocalyptic supports Team VICIOUS
HLG Apocalyptic plays in the APPA beginner division
HLG Apocalyptic has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Old 01-30-2013, 10:28 AM #1456
MrSickNasty

MrSickNasty owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karni992. View Post
Maybe its you that needs to get with the times
I forgot about those XXRs but they still have the double bolt pattern holes. Id only look for something with out. Maybe the dudes wheels are legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLG Apocalyptic View Post
That is awesome. Is it yours? Whoever did it did the trunk right.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:33 AM #1457
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepurplered View Post
winter tires and common sense go a long way
Considering i was going exactly the speed limit, verified by the state police. In my **** teir saab I have been able to go much faster. It's more of holy **** why did the car spin 5th coming out of the turn and is now facing 30* too far.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:40 AM #1458
HLG Apocalyptic
Do a Barrell Roll!

HLG Apocalyptic supports Team VICIOUS
HLG Apocalyptic plays in the APPA beginner division
HLG Apocalyptic has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSickNasty View Post
That is awesome. Is it yours? Whoever did it did the trunk right.
I sure wish it was mine. I love those CSL trunks so much.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:42 AM #1459
MrSickNasty

Quote:
Considering i was going exactly the speed limit, verified by the state police. In my **** teir saab I have been able to go much faster. It's more of holy **** why did the car spin 5th coming out of the turn and is now facing 30* too far.
Off camber turn? Down hill gradiant? Heavy brake application once car started to rotate? Rear shocks had no gas in them? Black ice? LSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLG Apocalyptic View Post
I sure wish it was mine. I love those CSL trunks so much.
But this dude did it right. Notice how its missing the trim piece and locking cylinder/trunk opening button. He picked the right color too. NIce find!!

Real CSL look

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...QEwAw&dur=1838

Obvious knock off.

http://oi55.tinypic.com/23tguna.jpg

Last edited by MrSickNasty : 01-30-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:48 AM #1460
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:
Off camber turn? Down hill gradiant? Heavy brake application once car started to rotate? Rear shocks had no gas in them? Black ice? LSD.

But this dude did it right. Notice how its missing the trim piece and locking cylinder/trunk opening button.

Off camber uphill, slowish release of throttle, countersteer. Rear shocks new, front shocks not sure as I'd have to ask the PO. Original suspension parts. Black ice on the outside of the turn and salt on the inside. :/ just feel really ****ty for ****ing up a nice car.

CSL looks awesome
Old 01-30-2013, 11:18 AM #1461
MrSickNasty

Quote:
Off camber uphill, slowish release of throttle, countersteer. Rear shocks new, front shocks not sure as I'd have to ask the PO. Original suspension parts. Black ice on the outside of the turn and salt on the inside. :/ just feel really ****ty for ****ing up a nice car.

CSL looks awesome
Thats some ricer bull****. Anyone who races knows **** happens. Not to say it doesn't suck but best of luck to you. Did anyone get hurt? Cause thats what really matters, if no... pull out the spare!

Good video for motivation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxzSP2B6Vnc
Old 01-30-2013, 11:26 AM #1462
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:
Thats some ricer bull****. Anyone who races knows **** happens. Not to say it doesn't suck but best of luck to you. Did anyone get hurt? Cause thats what really matters, if no... pull out the spare!

Good video for motivation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxzSP2B6Vnc
, as long as it doesn't require welding to get it drivable again I might rebuild it. I dislocated my shoulder (was able to easily get it back in cuz i dislocated it the day before) and wacked my head against the roof bar, I was lucky imo.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:49 PM #1463
xXinpayneXx
MW

So check this out. Went over to the dealership turns out a piece of some metal got into the 6th cylinder and destroyed the spark plug which killed the car obviously. They stuck a camera down it and you can see it, looks like a little ball bearing or something.

But the valves look okay and the cylinder doesn't look too bad. Hard to tell with the little camera. They showed me it. So they are going to try and fish this little thing out, then throw a new plug in it, and see if it runs...

Granted if it was there fault then they are responsible and said they would fix anything obviously.

But worst case scenario its not their fault, and the head is ****ed and so is the piston. Which would pretty much mean a full rebuild which at that point I'd just put it away until the summer when I have time to fix it myself and bring out the bikes and just push through the rest of the cold weather. Use my gf's car if its too ugly outside.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:33 PM #1464
MrSickNasty

Quote:
, as long as it doesn't require welding to get it drivable again I might rebuild it. I dislocated my shoulder (was able to easily get it back in cuz i dislocated it the day before) and wacked my head against the roof bar, I was lucky imo.
Ouch man. You got a cage in your car? gotta have those foam pads around the bars if you drive helmet-less. Kind you see on go karts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXinpayneXx View Post
So check this out. Went over to the dealership turns out a piece of some metal got into the 6th cylinder and destroyed the spark plug which killed the car obviously. They stuck a camera down it and you can see it, looks like a little ball bearing or something.

But the valves look okay and the cylinder doesn't look too bad. Hard to tell with the little camera. They showed me it. So they are going to try and fish this little thing out, then throw a new plug in it, and see if it runs...

Granted if it was there fault then they are responsible and said they would fix anything obviously.

But worst case scenario its not their fault, and the head is ****ed and so is the piston. Which would pretty much mean a full rebuild which at that point I'd just put it away until the summer when I have time to fix it myself and bring out the bikes and just push through the rest of the cold weather. Use my gf's car if its too ugly outside.
Dude couple things! Ill add to this in a few. First I just went thru this same ordeal on my S52. Looks like it ate a couple spark plugs and a piece of the compression ring. Piston top looked like a picture of the moon on the engine camera. When the head came off so did the bowl. Valves looked alright tho.

Two things you should watch out for, the outter edge of the piston crown. In my case there were some deformations over there that protruded outwards, which in turn scored the cylinder walls from the PO being a tool and continuing to drive the car. Obviously in bad cases this can cause you to have to bore it instead of just getting a hone.

Second check the valve seats if you do get it running. Im not sure but im guessing leaks could be caused during the travel of a electrode bit thru the airways.

That **** sucks man. I know the feeling. Because of a stupid 5 dollar spark plug your aluminum cylinder head is toast and potentially your block. Causing you to spend tons on gaskets & hardware that was perfectly fine. Not to mention your time or labor. Best of luck.

Oh and also best of luck riding the bike. Definatly dangerous this time of year. Atleast its not fall.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:47 PM #1465
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:
Ouch man. You got a cage in your car? gotta have those foam pads around the bars if you drive helmet-less. Kind you see on go karts.
It was the factory convertible roof bars, apparently they are strong as hell, they weren't dented and the windshield isn't even cracked.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:39 PM #1466
xXinpayneXx
MW

Quote:

Dude couple things! Ill add to this in a few. First I just went thru this same ordeal on my S52. Looks like it ate a couple spark plugs and a piece of the compression ring. Piston top looked like a picture of the moon on the engine camera. When the head came off so did the bowl. Valves looked alright tho.

Two things you should watch out for, the outter edge of the piston crown. In my case there were some deformations over there that protruded outwards, which in turn scored the cylinder walls from the PO being a tool and continuing to drive the car. Obviously in bad cases this can cause you to have to bore it instead of just getting a hone.

Second check the valve seats if you do get it running. Im not sure but im guessing leaks could be caused during the travel of a electrode bit thru the airways.

That **** sucks man. I know the feeling. Because of a stupid 5 dollar spark plug your aluminum cylinder head is toast and potentially your block. Causing you to spend tons on gaskets & hardware that was perfectly fine. Not to mention your time or labor. Best of luck.

Oh and also best of luck riding the bike. Definatly dangerous this time of year. Atleast its not fall.
Well, it was the little ball of metal that hit the spark plug and killed it. The spark plug was a quality bosh plug that I put in maybe 2k miles before it.

Yeah, i've gone almost an entire year without a car before... I will know more within the next couple days.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:45 PM #1467
iiDangerCloseBKv3

I just found this awesome e36 for $6700!! Except the wheel.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/3551442993.html
Old 01-30-2013, 07:11 PM #1468
MrSickNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiDangerCloseBKv3 View Post
I just found this awesome e36 for $6700!! Except the wheel.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/3551442993.html

I think thats priced a little high. In I think '10 I cant remember. I bought the black 97 M3 I posted on here a couple pages back for 6,2 with 12X,XXX miles. Its was under 125, i think like 122 but I cant remember.

Some points that come to mind.

- Run a vin check/autocheck/carfax type deal. PM me the vin and ill do it for ya. Or send you the link to the site.
- Doesn't look like it has vaders.
- Does look like it has champagne interior like my door panels. In which case is a very rare BMW individual option.
- Be careful of people who do oil changes right before sales. I find they are usually trying to hide the fact that the old oil had coolant in it!
- Trim pieces are missing. And they are expensive.
- Check the RSMs from the inside of the car. You need to pull the carpeting away. You'll looking for shock tower failure or previous repairs.
- Guarantee you he doesn't know or have records for when most of this list was last done.

Thermostat, water pump, radiator, control arms/bushings, rtabs, shocks (prob original), guibo/csb, engine/tranny mounts, cooling hoses, clutch, headgasket, compression check, diff clutches, power steering fluid (5 bucks says its black.)etc.

- Check for matching body panels by vin # sticker. Front fenders and trunk have em in easy to see spots.
- also check coolant color, if its green call the guy a tool and tell him to go F himself. Only blue coolant by BMW or any other coolant formulated to not have the contaminates in it that cause electrosys should be used on a car with an aluminum cylinder head that has electrical current running thru the motor.
- Avoid slammed cars they are usually owned by tools who care more about what other people think of them than there assets.
- Fender liners are missing! (1) They are expensive (2) Them missing means rocks and road debris will kick up onto the body. Which will cause "cuts" which will ultimately lead to rust which is car cancer. In the winter it kicks up road salt and will accelerate this rust process.

p.s. I actually like the steering wheel. Ill trade you for a stock one if you want/get the car.

Last edited by MrSickNasty : 01-30-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:34 PM #1469
bubbleboy016
is ****in amazing.

bubbleboy016 donated to help Peyton Trent
Redid the 5's:

They look a bit dull due to my crappy camera and I put 2 coats of wax on them. That is the worst wheel of the 4, though, in regards to finish.

╚═╝
Old 01-30-2013, 08:44 PM #1470
Dom Mazzetti

didnt know people riced out BMWs
Closed Thread