twinings
Cereal Eater

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
twinings plays in the PSP
twinings plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguysplat View Post
First event. Well run. Great turn out. Tons of fun. Very competitive and got real crazy at the end.
Reading the comments on the San Antonio Paintball Facebook group, "real crazy" sounds like an understatement.

Awesome to finally have a local tour.

MCB Feedback
twinings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2013, 06:20 PM #23
Oldguysplat

Oldguysplat has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah, I kinda figured there would be some talk today. I'm sure it's the same topic we ballers mostly complain about. I will say this, those refs on the field worked their butts off, just could have used a couple more of them on the field. How many of us want to do what those guys do, I don't. I do hope to see a different head ref for the next event.
Oldguysplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:08 AM #24
NeSSaJ22

NeSSaJ22 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NeSSaJ22 plays in the APPA beginner division
The refs worked their a$$es of that tourney none of them really left the field for the entire event they spent their 2 minute break cleaning bunkers and sweeping paint. I saw many of them squeezing a bit to eat before games but put it up the second a player walked on, that right their shows there dedication. To top it all of none of them received pay for it all. Te field while small was very playable and fun." Everyone" on the sa paintball page who hated on the tourney were nothing then sandbagging players whom have played at bigger events and were shocked a d5 local and small beginner tourney didn't accommodate to them. The tourney was great and I can say that because I didn't even come in finals it was fun an that's all that counts. Can't wait for the next one at predator although its going to be extremely hard to pass up ARP. speaking of which does anyone know how predator is going to host it? I thought they got rid of their crappy air ball course and we can't play the hyperball course can we?
NeSSaJ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:14 AM #25
twinings
Cereal Eater

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
twinings plays in the PSP
twinings plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeSSaJ22 View Post
does anyone know how predator is going to host it? I thought they got rid of their crappy air ball course and we can't play the hyperball course can we?
Why not?

MCB Feedback
twinings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:48 AM #26
Oldguysplat

Oldguysplat has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Right on Nessaj22 about the refs. D5 is beginner at the national level, certainly not beginner paintball. And as for as the Predator field, they have been using their hyperball field for local tournaments. Ken almost died their awhile back running to stick someone and the ground disappeared from under his feet. I will be there, but not looking forward to playing on that field. No complaints about the Adreniline field, but there will be many after the Predator event.
Oldguysplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:26 PM #27
truly_esteban

cant wait for the harker heights event
truly_esteban is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups