Project Management Intern – Challenge for Children’s
Help MN Pro Paintball raise over $30,000 for the cardiac division at Children’s Hospitals of Minnesota at the 5th Annual Challenge for Children’s Big Game
Job Description: The Project Management Intern oversees the initiation, development, and execution of assigned projects for the Challenge for Children’s event. The Intern will work closely with key parties within the organization (CEO, event lead, finance, fundraising chair, and marketing) to achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans. This is a great opportunity to get experience in project management, event planning, marketing, and fundraising for a non-profit event. Ultimately the Intern will ensure the overall success of the event.
About MN Pro Paintball: MN Pro Paintball is Minnesota’s Paintball Headquarters with three locations (Lakeville, Burnsville & Minnetonka MN) serving the Twin Cities. The Lakeville Park is the closest paintball park to the Twin Cities and offers eleven different playing courses on 200 acres of terrain. Burnsville & Minnetonka retail stores offer the largest paintball inventory in the state of Minnesota.
About Challenge for Children’s: Challenge for Children’s is an annual Big Game in which all profits benefit Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota. This will be the 5th annual Challenge for Children’s and so far the event has raised over $100,000 for the cardiac division at Children’s. Over 500 people play at the event in a scenario-based paintball mission.
• Assist in detailed planning and management of the project through completion
• Ensure project milestones and targets are met by actively managing project on a day to day basis
• Work with key parties within company (fundraising, marketing, etc.) as well as any external vendors
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Previous experience in project management
• Previous event planning experience
• Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• 8 – 10 hours per week from February 22nd – May 19th.
• Must be available on the event – Sunday, May 19th
• Unpaid, but will work with school to fill credit requirements
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
by February 11th.
Targeted start date: February 22nd