ANSgear.com 47 65.28%
actionvillage.com 28 38.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2012, 02:21 PM #169
Sinister1983
BooSTIn

Sinister1983 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sinister1983 plays in the APPA D5 division
This store seems hit and miss. I just ordered a pack, tank and mask from them. I hope they don't screw me like some of the others who have posted. I'll know for sure in a few days.

UPDATE- My order arrived complete and on time.

SPONSORS:
Outlaw Paintball | Pbrack | Virtue | Exalt | G Ahrens Photography | Yates Brothers Motor Company, Inc

Last edited by Sinister1983 : 12-11-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Sinister1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-26-2012, 11:26 PM #170
techer200

They are horrible. They wont take returns on anything. Got a brand new air tank that wont hold air. Called and told them about it and they said it was used. how else are you suppose to know it works? I would use your local proshop. Everyone that said they like them has ordered stuff and it worked out as soon as it doesnt they will be on the other side of the fince with me!!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!
techer200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:48 AM #171
evolutionz
kryptic

evolutionz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaWtDog123 View Post
I am glad a representative of the company has actually shown up to tell the company's side. I didn't understand the frustration with waiting 48 hours for the processing time. It says it DIRECTLY on your website that there is a 24-48 hour processing time before shipping. It's like he wanted to pay internet pricing but get it as fast like from a local shop...

I buy from you guys at ANSgear.com all the time. Great company and positively some of the best customer service I have ever received. ANSgear messed up ONE order of mine, they sent a wrong size tank cover. They told me to keep the one I had received and told me the correct one would be thrown in the other order I had put it(I forgot some stuff and ordered the day of my 1st shipment). Sure as what the customer service rep told me, it was in my next package.

Not only is the above a good tale of the companies customer service, but my FiancÚ is the one that called and got it fixed. She is brand new to the sport, and the customer service rep helped her out. I couldn't make the call because simply being deployed.

You guys will keep my loyalty for years to come.
Agreed, I live in Canada and have ordered from ans a few times or at least had friends put orders together for a lot of us and every order has arrived in a timely manner.
Justin Cornell Fan Club #31
Impact Fan Club #149
Ian Harding Photography
evolutionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:22 PM #172
Italian Mafia Shots
Wut

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Italian Mafia Shots supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by techer200 View Post
They are horrible. They wont take returns on anything. Got a brand new air tank that wont hold air. Called and told them about it and they said it was used. how else are you suppose to know it works? I would use your local proshop. Everyone that said they like them has ordered stuff and it worked out as soon as it doesnt they will be on the other side of the fince with me!!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!
If it's a $1.25 burst disk, then just go ahead and gtfo.
Italian Mafia Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:11 AM #173
TheHoneyBadger
Front player SHPK sting

TheHoneyBadger supports Team VICIOUS
TheHoneyBadger supports Pev's Paintball
TheHoneyBadger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ive had no problems with ANS.

Party in the front, buisness in the back. Exactly why I play front.
Make sure to subscribe to me on youtube: Sean60001
TheHoneyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:07 AM #174
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
On occasion I have ordered from ANS. No issues with me. Honestly though I buy locally whenever I can. It is impossible to check the fit of anything that is being bought on the internet.

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:57 AM #175
pballer0303
shreddin the gnar

pballer0303 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have no proshop within 250 miles of me, so i have to get everything online.

I usually order from paintballgateway, but Ive ordered several times from ans gear.

All of my orderes were fine, except ones containing limited edition/just released stuff.
I ordered a pair of 2013 i4s day they claimed they were in stock and ready to ship, along with several other items. They said it all had shipped under order confirmation, but when my package arrived, they had sent me the wrong stuff, and a piece of paper that in hand written sharpie told me they would ship my i4s seperatley eventually probably. Three weeks later they showed up beaten to death, and no tracking/confirmation was sent to me, and they used the slowest (cheapest) type of shipping possible.

The customer service then argued with me when I tried to get an rma # for the other items, trying to tell me I was wrong and they shipped the correct stuff. Finally, they agreed to send me an rma #, and with some convincing, they sent me a basic usps shipping lable, not making an effort at all to rectify their mess up. When my returned items arrived back there, it took them 3 days to ship out the proper items, again with the cheapest usps basic shipping.

They are either good, or really bad. I swore my them for 3+ years, but will now probably never order from them again.
pballer0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:53 PM #176
Bump_Pitch

Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I personally have never had a problem with ANS, but people complain about their anno on a luxe or some other high end gun. I never buy guns from them, just parts or pod packs etc..
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:32 AM #177
aaronszalai
Luxe Luther

aaronszalai supports DLX Technology
Just dont shop from ans gear if they screw up and say send you the wrong marker and you live in canada then their mistake just cost you tons of taxes and duty fees. and they wont do any thing to compensate you. like they just did to me with a luxe 2.0. so I have boycotted ans gear for ever.
LUXE #7800
JEDI KNIGHTS #49
aaronszalai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:35 AM #178
aaronszalai
Luxe Luther

aaronszalai supports DLX Technology
Shop locally keep the sport alive, Ive learned from my mistake. If you cant pick it up and look at it dont buy it.
LUXE #7800
JEDI KNIGHTS #49
aaronszalai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:37 PM #179
dcworker87

i have had two problems with ansgear. both was from online purchases and sent me the wrong thing twice. i ordered an empire axe in dust black and they sent me a red proto rail..pissed! the second order was the new empire scion hoppper then sent me some cheap viewloader hopper. pissed again. eventually i got what i wanted, took 3-4 weeks extra from the purchase date.
dcworker87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:15 AM #180
Quemiras

Quemiras has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quemiras has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quemiras supports DLX Technology
ive ordered from them a few times and had good results
Quemiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:28 PM #181
thenoob23
ADK

thenoob23 is playing at Living Legends VI
thenoob23 supports Team VICIOUS
Ansgear.com is amazing i only order from them and a pro shop about 2 hours away but ans gets my packages here with normal shipping with in 3 days from all the way acrros the state side.
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
thenoob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:04 PM #182
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

KINGKILLA21 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
KINGKILLA21 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ansgear has been nothing but amazing for me ive ordered from them 5 times, great customer service and prices. Cp on the other hand is a nightmare

Sickest spyder rs around!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3892297

You air up your marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed that test, that your girlfriend broke up with you, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours,... this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. play it.. Paintball.

98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig
KINGKILLA21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:31 PM #183
hmcl281

if amazon had the same policy as ans would they still be in business right now?

to all of you who get defective product from ans reverse the charge on your cc. if they are sending defective product you should be able to get a working one. if they want to send you to the manufacture to resolve an issue you should be paying wholesale price, they are making a profit acting as the middle man here. they should be the one who deals with the manufacture. if i have to deal with the manufacture i should be able to pay what ans is paying for their product. the money was paid to ans and not the manufacture.

you can tell how good a business is by how they handle and issue if and when it does occur.
hmcl281 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:34 PM #184
FalconPunchKid
St. Louis Hustle

Annual Supporting Member
FalconPunchKid is BST Legit
FalconPunchKid is playing at Living Legends VII
FalconPunchKid owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FalconPunchKid plays in the APPA D4 division
FalconPunchKid supports DLX Technology
FalconPunchKid supports Empire
Ansgear vs ActionVillage? Really? there owned by the same folks, and ran by the same folks.

Anthony Antle
FalconPunchKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:56 PM #185
hmcl281

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconPunchKid View Post
Ansgear vs ActionVillage? Really? there owned by the same folks, and ran by the same folks.
from what i read they just recently acquired action village within the last year, action village was not doing well and i think ans bought the company. action village was a great site for me, sad to see them not doing well.
hmcl281 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:33 AM #186
alkel

alkel owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
alkel supports Empire
Is there really something wrong with buying a marker from ANS? I am just curious because I have seen a couple posts in this thread and in another one about why you should not by markers from them.
alkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:55 AM #187
gospeedgo1

ansgear is so-so in my experience. their selection is great, and the photos and DJ's unboxing/explanations are decent.

gripes i have:
-was sent a freak insert in a padded envelope. seriously, something that can be crushed easily sent in a padded envelope... luckily, it was a stainless, not aluminum insert.

-stopped by their retail store while on vacation, rory and some short asian guy were talking crap about the customer who was on hold calling about a feedneck. my gf said that they did not look happy to be there.

-their online policy return/exchanges policy differs from their online store (on retail store receipt). luckily i was able to return the product (for store credit) i purchased during my visit after mentioning that i was under the impression the retail store and online store had the same policies. had i known of the differences, i would have just made my purchases thru o-ring monkey or paintball gateway since my retail store experiences with both was far superior.

-shipping times lag at times, especially with the customer service and shipping times of other e-stores. if they are too busy to ship my items same day or next day if ordered later in the day, i will go through another company who is not inconvenienced by my business.
gospeedgo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:27 AM #188
FalconPunchKid
St. Louis Hustle

Annual Supporting Member
FalconPunchKid is BST Legit
FalconPunchKid is playing at Living Legends VII
FalconPunchKid owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FalconPunchKid plays in the APPA D4 division
FalconPunchKid supports DLX Technology
FalconPunchKid supports Empire
I have spent a rahter large amount with ANS over Several purchases and have yet to have a problem.

Anthony Antle
FalconPunchKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:34 AM #189
jsempire09
Baller Status

jsempire09 plays in the PSP
jsempire09 is playing at Living Legends VI
jsempire09 supports Team VICIOUS
jsempire09 is for the Gunfight
jsempire09 plays in the APPA D4 division
jsempire09 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
jsempire09 supports DLX Technology
Use your local shop. I'm sure, if they don't have it in stock, They can order it for you.

jsempire09 is offline   Reply With Quote