PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-28-2013, 12:33 PM #1
Seksirojo
Boats and Hoes

help on set up and prices for out of box FSR capable gun

I played rec ball for the first time in years this past Sunday and the whole time I was basically thinking “first strike rounds would be deadly on this field” and except for maybe 2 fields I thought that on almost every single other field. So what would be ur average price for a gun package be (gun, scope and other little things I need) Im looking for something with good range, accurate and FSR capable right out of the box. A couple different prices would be cool for different guns (pros and cons please)

thanks guys
Seksirojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2013, 02:29 AM #2
skullcandy1993

well it depends on your budget and what kind of player you are as well as what kinds of fields you are on.

All of the new generation FS ready markers (except the T8.1) can take an tank-in-stock so thats something to look into.

Your choices would be:
Tiberius Arms T9.1 (Ranger, CQB, Elite, or Sniper)
Tiberius Arms T4.1
Milsig Paradigm Pro
Scarab Arms TGR2
Carmatech SAR12

If you wanted to buy used and an older model you could use the Tiberius Arms T4 or the Tiberius Arms T9 w/ a FS upgrade kit.

Now...if you want something totally contained (as in no remote line or anything, you can drop it if you need to) you need to use the air in stock, and if you don't want to use that and still don't want a remote line your choices basically become Tiberius Arms markers (because they have the option for the air in the magazine).

Quick Pros and Cons

Tiberius Arms T9.1
Pros:
-You can strip it down to a pistol
-Add or subtract parts to make it as long as you want or as short as you want and function exactly as you want
-FS ready out of the box
-Multiple versions (4 to be exact) so you can start where you want and build from there
-Cheapest option (depending on the version you get)
-FS dedicated bolt

Cons:
-Not a "true" rifle
-few upgrades
-mags only hold 8 rounds
-Doesn't really look like a "sniper rifle" like the SAR12 does.

Tiberius Arms T4.1
Pros:
-Comes with basically everything you need (optics, rifled barrel, tank stock, riser, two mags)
-Looks like a real rifle
-The marker was built around the FS round
-FS dedicated bolt

Cons:
-Currently no upgrades other than rail mounted stuff
-Mags are very long as they are straight stacked (14 rounds)
-Decent sized mags only hold 10 rounds
-Expensive...900$ for the package then you have to buy more mags and the soft goods

Milsig Paradigm Pro
Pros:
-New Milsig heat core
-Solid customer service record
-Easy maintenance
-Larger sized magazines without the length of the T4.1s mags

Cons:
-Price...850 (I think) plus the cost of optics and mags and whatever else you want to mount on the rails
-Not a platform that was built around FS, so no FS dedicated bolt (as far as I know)

Scarab Arms TGR2 (Don't know much about this one as it hasn't been out for very long)
Pros:
-Cheaper than the Milsig for a similar looking marker (400 or 500 IIRC)
-Scarab has the best looking rifle magazines in my opinion, and feed reliably as far as I know

Cons:
-No external velocity adjuster (you have to use spring kits)
-Brand new company so little to no reputation in terms of reliability or CS

Carmatech SAR12
Pros:
-Looks awesome
-3 Different versions
-Definitely THE paintball sniper rifle
-Can be either Semi or Bolt Action

Cons:
-Expensive...850$ for the basic model (one mag, no shroud, no stock, no tank, no optics, nothing extra)
-Mags are the smallest of all the markers in question, but are double stacked (6 rounds on each side)
-Little to no feedback about the marker from outside of the beta team

As you can tell I know my Tiberius Arms markers better than the others, but I'll let you make your own decision. If you want more info about the older markers let me know and I'll share what I can.
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:37 PM #3
JustinTA
Justin

JustinTA works for a Paintball manufacturer
The most cost effective is the 9.1 Ranger for $349.95. It's a good price point that allows you to add upgrades (rifled barrel, tank/stock, upgrade risers, scopes, ect) as you wish.
JustinTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:40 PM #4
Seksirojo
Boats and Hoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinTA View Post
The most cost effective is the 9.1 Ranger for $349.95. It's a good price point that allows you to add upgrades (rifled barrel, tank/stock, upgrade risers, scopes, ect) as you wish.
Yea that's the one I'm looking at and might pick up next paycheck.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:44 PM #5
Seksirojo
Boats and Hoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
well it depends on your budget and what kind of player you are as well as what kinds of fields you are on.

All of the new generation FS ready markers (except the T8.1) can take an tank-in-stock so thats something to look into.

Your choices would be:
Tiberius Arms T9.1 (Ranger, CQB, Elite, or Sniper)
Tiberius Arms T4.1
Milsig Paradigm Pro
Scarab Arms TGR2
Carmatech SAR12

If you wanted to buy used and an older model you could use the Tiberius Arms T4 or the Tiberius Arms T9 w/ a FS upgrade kit.

Now...if you want something totally contained (as in no remote line or anything, you can drop it if you need to) you need to use the air in stock, and if you don't want to use that and still don't want a remote line your choices basically become Tiberius Arms markers (because they have the option for the air in the magazine).

Quick Pros and Cons

Tiberius Arms T9.1
Pros:
-You can strip it down to a pistol
-Add or subtract parts to make it as long as you want or as short as you want and function exactly as you want
-FS ready out of the box
-Multiple versions (4 to be exact) so you can start where you want and build from there
-Cheapest option (depending on the version you get)
-FS dedicated bolt

Cons:
-Not a "true" rifle
-few upgrades
-mags only hold 8 rounds
-Doesn't really look like a "sniper rifle" like the SAR12 does.

Tiberius Arms T4.1
Pros:
-Comes with basically everything you need (optics, rifled barrel, tank stock, riser, two mags)
-Looks like a real rifle
-The marker was built around the FS round
-FS dedicated bolt

Cons:
-Currently no upgrades other than rail mounted stuff
-Mags are very long as they are straight stacked (14 rounds)
-Decent sized mags only hold 10 rounds
-Expensive...900$ for the package then you have to buy more mags and the soft goods

Milsig Paradigm Pro
Pros:
-New Milsig heat core
-Solid customer service record
-Easy maintenance
-Larger sized magazines without the length of the T4.1s mags

Cons:
-Price...850 (I think) plus the cost of optics and mags and whatever else you want to mount on the rails
-Not a platform that was built around FS, so no FS dedicated bolt (as far as I know)

Scarab Arms TGR2 (Don't know much about this one as it hasn't been out for very long)
Pros:
-Cheaper than the Milsig for a similar looking marker (400 or 500 IIRC)
-Scarab has the best looking rifle magazines in my opinion, and feed reliably as far as I know

Cons:
-No external velocity adjuster (you have to use spring kits)
-Brand new company so little to no reputation in terms of reliability or CS

Carmatech SAR12
Pros:
-Looks awesome
-3 Different versions
-Definitely THE paintball sniper rifle
-Can be either Semi or Bolt Action

Cons:
-Expensive...850$ for the basic model (one mag, no shroud, no stock, no tank, no optics, nothing extra)
-Mags are the smallest of all the markers in question, but are double stacked (6 rounds on each side)
-Little to no feedback about the marker from outside of the beta team

As you can tell I know my Tiberius Arms markers better than the others, but I'll let you make your own decision. If you want more info about the older markers let me know and I'll share what I can.

Thanks for all the helpful info... Only thing is I don't really want to spend over 300, want to start small and if I like it ill upgrade later... My question is what makes a say 800$ FS gun any better than a 300$ gun... Not to worried about looks just want a dead accurate gun with good range
Old 01-30-2013, 04:18 AM #6
skullcandy1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seksirojo View Post
Thanks for all the helpful info... Only thing is I don't really want to spend over 300, want to start small and if I like it ill upgrade later... My question is what makes a say 800$ FS gun any better than a 300$ gun... Not to worried about looks just want a dead accurate gun with good range
The difference is that the 300$ one is basically a pistol with a lot of options. Not a bad thing, but that is basically what the T9.1s are. Then compare that to all of the other options, they are all manufactured to be rifles and that is it. Just something to keep in mind.
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:05 PM #7
Seksirojo
Boats and Hoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
The difference is that the 300$ one is basically a pistol with a lot of options. Not a bad thing, but that is basically what the T9.1s are. Then compare that to all of the other options, they are all manufactured to be rifles and that is it. Just something to keep in mind.
Yea ive been looking into that and realized all the t9.1 are the handgun with add-ons that isn’t a true rifle…. I wouldn’t mind just buying the 8.1 and getting the add-ons myself but cant seem to find an aftermarket shroud for it…. Don’t mind just buying the ranger but im gonna end up ditching the barrel for a longer one and the red dot for an actual scope so seems like a waste of money.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:40 AM #8
casperct
SUCKITEASY

casperct supports Cereal Killerz 2
casperct posts videos on PbNation
Get a used one(9.1) and buy a repair kit.Go through the whole thing.The tiberius markers are not bolt out the back ,wipe and lube guns.It takes some getting used to but once you get it down your ok.As far as it's not a rifle,who cares if it shoots great.There are tons of acessories.I'm a happy camper!

Originally Posted by warbeak2099(on .50 cal)
It gets 1k shots more per fill because of the lazering. Don't worry about it making sense, Chris Lasoya says it's true so that's good enough for me...

Seriously though, his shampoo has got to have ****ing heroine in it
casperct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:52 PM #9
Cudballah

Milsig paradigm pro best milsim marker you can get so accurate and works great with first strike rounds.
Cudballah is offline   Reply With Quote