Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-27-2013, 10:28 PM #1
thepbnoob123

Ninja regulator maintenance gone wrong

So...being the noob I am...I tried to do some regulator maintenance on my Ninja adjustable reg. Long story short, I placed the pin in upside down, filled it at my field today with no problems to 3800 psi, went home and discovered the upside down pin.

My question, what can I do now? Should I take it to my shop? What happens if I take the bonnet off...will a burst disk blow to save me?
thepbnoob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2013, 05:24 AM #2
Vidalecent

Vidalecent has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If it worked on the field you could attach it to an ASA that isn't connected to anything and drain the tank slowly with it. Then fix the pin. If you don't feel that is safe, take it to your local paintball shop and tell them what happened. They will most likely drain it for you.
Vidalecent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:49 PM #3
Infinity Kid
Lonely Island

Infinity Kid is playing at Living Legends VII
Infinity Kid supports Team VICIOUS
Infinity Kid supports Team VICIOUS
Infinity Kid posts videos on PbNation
Infinity Kid supports DLX Technology
If you have an ASA, take the asa off your marker, leaving the macroline on. Then, put the tank onto the ASA, and turn it on! It will take all the air out of the tank! You can clean something with the excess air.. Then, do your standard maintance! I would highly suggest not doing regulator maintenance unless you are 100% sure of what you are doing.
Infinity Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:20 PM #4
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Never ever attempt to service a regulator with pressure still in it. If you tried to take the bonnet off it would start leaking for one, but there is a very real danger of the pressure pushing the bonnet off by snapping the bonnet or reg body threads. Then you have the bonnet and all the inner workings of the reg firing off at 3800 psi.
A burst disc is only meant to vent if the regulator is exposed to 1800 psi, which means a seal is damaged. Or in the event it is overfilled which is what the 7500 psi burst disc is for. It's very very rare for the HP, 7.5k disc, to blow.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:52 PM #5
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepbnoob123 View Post
So...being the noob I am...I tried to do some regulator maintenance on my Ninja adjustable reg. Long story short, I placed the pin in upside down, filled it at my field today with no problems to 3800 psi, went home and discovered the upside down pin.

My question, what can I do now? Should I take it to my shop? What happens if I take the bonnet off...will a burst disk blow to save me?
I just spoke to someone else about this. Not sure if this is the same person but if so, I think we took care of the issue.

Since you're not familiar with working on a regulator, I'm going to recommend taking it to a local proshop. They need to loosen one of the burst disks to vent the air out of the bottle. Then the bonnet needs to be removed. Remove the piston from bonnet. Remove the pin valve spring and the brass pin from the other end of the piston that you pull out of the bonnet. You are most likely going to need to check the spring and the brass pin to make sure they are not damaged (ie: spring is bent, pin is bent, etc). If so, you can purchase pin valve kits for about $7.00, which includes a new spring, pin, and the pin valve seat.

If you have any questions on this, please call us at 877-646-5287. anyone that answers can assist.
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote