Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-28-2013, 12:35 AM #1
Blast7693

Question My bolt is sticking on my dm6

I just recently purchased a dm6 offline and decided to take it apart to clean and lube all of the parts. I saw a little screw to the right of the on/off valve in the front and unscrewed it to clean it off. Then when I put the whole gun back together and ran some air through it, the bolt now sticks out when it has air, could this be because of that little screw or possibly just because the tank may have not been at the operating pressure of the gun so it was unable to finish a cycle. Also when I push the bolt in (without barrell on) while its aired up, it just pops right back out and sounds almost as If it fired. Please any an all help would be greatly appreciated
Blast7693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2013, 03:03 AM #2
Mitznal
Team Incarnate

Mitznal is a Supporting Member
Sounds like your lpr is not set correctly. To get the smoothest shot, turn in the lpr just slight snug. Then slowly uncrew the lpr until the bolt sucks back in, and go out another half tun.
Mitznal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:35 AM #3
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
Which screw are you talking about? Sounds like the on/off retaining screw, which will not cause a problem with the bolt but needs to be in place to secure the on/off.

If the bolt is shooting forward it's because there isn't any/enough pressure from the LPR/solenoid holding the bolt back. If there are no leaks to go along with it, the problem is probably that your tank is almost empty or your LPR is adjusted too low.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:24 AM #4
Blast7693

Also how do I set my lpr bc if I don't have it turned all the way to one side then it starts to leak air
Old 01-28-2013, 04:31 PM #5
Blast7693

And why would te bolt shoot forwards and stay there if I just put air to it, didn't try to shoot at all, As soon as I hook up the air the bolt automatically shoots forward
Old 01-28-2013, 05:08 PM #6
vector911

has been a member for 10 years
vector911 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Look on YouTube for "lpr matrix tuning"
selling:
NXT/impulse/luxe threaded pipe barrel kit
vector911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:14 PM #7
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast7693 View Post
And why would te bolt shoot forwards and stay there if I just put air to it, didn't try to shoot at all, As soon as I hook up the air the bolt automatically shoots forward
HP air in the dump chamber applies some forward force to the bolt stem. If you aren't getting enough LP air to the front of the bolt sail, the bolt will move forward.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:17 PM #8
Blast7693

Thanks all i got it to work with the last bit of air I had so I will fine tune it this weekend at the field you were all great help te problem was the tuning on the lpr