EliteGeek91
I'ma 'Bout My Bizniz

EliteGeek91 is BST Trusted
EliteGeek91 is playing at Living Legends VI
EliteGeek91 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
EliteGeek91 supports Team VICIOUS
EliteGeek91 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Do Mods Even Do Anything?

Hello, I read our long list of rules, etc when I joined.

So does the mods/staff even enforce it here?

I posted a real thread, asking others have they also experienced what I have, and been getting comments like "Go die", "I'm doing your mom", etc.

I intended to be a great member here, and make donations, keep up my ASM, etc. But apparently this isn't the forum for me, if I wanna pay forward to a good cause.

If you wanna see the thread, here it is. I reported 99% of those guys last night, and nothing has yet happened. It's trolls all over in the "Small talk" section. I will not be back there. And if nothing happens, I will stop my support, along with sending a copy of this to the main PBNation staff.
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2013, 04:27 PM #2
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy is BST Legit
TargetIndy is an Ultimate field/store owner
TargetIndy is Immortal
Small talk isn't a place for serious discussions. It's become more like open comedy night at your local bar. Everybody in there thinks they're a comedian. The culture of Small Talk is what it is.

Spend some time on other parts of the site and you'll see Small Talk is an anomaly.

DoctorOring.com -- O-ring kits for baller's on a budget!
3 rebuilds $4.95 -- Boxed kits from $9.95

Paintball Indiana -- Indianapolis's Oldest Outdoor Paintball Field
TargetIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:28 PM #3
jmorisaki
B/S/T MOD

Annual Supporting Member
jmorisaki is BST Legit
jmorisaki donated to help Peyton Trent
jmorisaki supports Team VICIOUS
jmorisaki is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
jmorisaki is Immortal
First, thank you for your purchase of the ASM. I think you'll find that many of our users are here for the right reason but certainly many are not.

To answer you initial question yes we absolutely do our best to read and react to reported posts as quickly as we can. However many mods are here on a volunteer basis and its the weekend. Many of us tend to relax or even play paintball on the weekends.

My suggestion is to be patient and the mod or mods who have access will come along shortly. In addition, you'll need to learn to ignore trolls. While we don't rule with an iron fist we do try to use the infraction system to help teach users the right way to post.

Be patient and I think you'll enjoy your stay more.
jmorisaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:29 PM #4
EliteGeek91
I'ma 'Bout My Bizniz

The following are offenses that will usually result in an infraction:

Do not bypass or attempt to bypass the swear filter. The filters will catch most words, but intentionally replacing letter(s) with a *, misspelling a word, spacing out words or avoiding the swear filter in any way will result in a ban. Some words and company names on PbNation are not typical swear words. Do not try to avoid the filter on those words either. Pictures or videos of banned words count as avoiding the filter.

No trolling. Do not make posts that are inflammatory, or designed to get people riled up. Substance is the key to not being labeled a troll. If you disagree with someone or something, simply say why.

Also on another note: I see tons of threads, where members say they been scammed, then somebody will post the scammers FULL personal info, such as job, home address, phone, email, etc.

I don't know if you know but that's illegal, and could result in very bad legal trouble. Just think of one of these members went to that "scammers" house, trespassed, beat him, or even kill him, and then the police find out all his info was posted on this site. Better watch out.

"Do not post other's phone numbers, addresses, pictures, instant messenger aliases, email addresses, etc., without their permission. Respect the privacy of others. PbNation reserves the right to release such information if need be."
Old 01-27-2013, 04:33 PM #5
EliteGeek91
I'ma 'Bout My Bizniz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorisaki View Post
First, thank you for your purchase of the ASM. I think you'll find that many of our users are here for the right reason but certainly many are not.

To answer you initial question yes we absolutely do our best to read and react to reported posts as quickly as we can. However many mods are here on a volunteer basis and its the weekend. Many of us tend to relax or even play paintball on the weekends.

My suggestion is to be patient and the mod or mods who have access will come along shortly. In addition, you'll need to learn to ignore trolls. While we don't rule with an iron fist we do try to use the infraction system to help teach users the right way to post.

Be patient and I think you'll enjoy your stay more.
Hey I appreciate your kindness, and honesty. And very welcome, I heard about this site, and really loved it, till I made my way to the general talk section. I understand they're trolls, and all. But still it makes PBNation look like complete crap.. I understand mods are busy and such, but I'm saying why just slap them on the wrist? Ban the trolls, and then people will straighten up or take that elsewhere.

I didn't ask a question, to have my mom talked about sexually, or someone to tell me go die. If I seen that punk in real life, I'd beat his butt.

I'm just saying it's like cops not enforcing speeding in towns, and them saying to just ignore the speeders, and don't go to that part of town. Well why don't the "police" enforce it, and then get the trolls out, so this site doesn't look like a bunch of trolls who don't deserve to live.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:38 PM #6
jmorisaki
B/S/T MOD

Annual Supporting Member
jmorisaki is BST Legit
jmorisaki is Immortal
Oh I didn't even check the link. Small talk? Uhhhh I don't go in there.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:46 PM #7
EliteGeek91
I'ma 'Bout My Bizniz

Well I figured all the sections were moderated.. But yeah, I won't be back there.. it's sad though.

Oh well, I'll stay in BST, and paintball talk sections.

Thanks for your help though.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:50 PM #8
jmorisaki
B/S/T MOD

Annual Supporting Member
jmorisaki is BST Legit
jmorisaki is Immortal
It is still moderated. It's just not taken as serious as the other forums. There are ST forums but we keep them in the dungeon.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:18 PM #9
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteGeek91 View Post
Hey I appreciate your kindness, and honesty. And very welcome, I heard about this site, and really loved it, till I made my way to the general talk section. I understand they're trolls, and all. But still it makes PBNation look like complete crap.. I understand mods are busy and such, but I'm saying why just slap them on the wrist? Ban the trolls, and then people will straighten up or take that elsewhere.

I didn't ask a question, to have my mom talked about sexually, or someone to tell me go die. If I seen that punk in real life, I'd beat his butt.

I'm just saying it's like cops not enforcing speeding in towns, and them saying to just ignore the speeders, and don't go to that part of town. Well why don't the "police" enforce it, and then get the trolls out, so this site doesn't look like a bunch of trolls who don't deserve to live.
It's also illegal to use physical violence against someone that says something to offend you. As you can see, sometimes the rules are suspended on judgment. In this case, you're suspending the law to assault somebody that says something to offend you. In our case, we're not getting overly aggressive in enforcing the rules there because, as stated above, it's a lot like open mic night at a bar. If you don't want to encounter drunks, dirty jokes, or rowdiness, it's probably not somewhere you should choose to visit. The only way to enjoy it is to not take it seriously. Police don't waste their time on ticketing people that go 5mph over the limit because their limited resources are best used elsewhere. No physical harm is done to others and the emotional damage, if any, is insignificant in the long run. Think of ST as a forum used to keep that sort of behavior separated from the rest of the site.

Last edited by eforce : 01-27-2013 at 05:20 PM.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:40 PM #10
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Mega Moderator
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
While most people consider ST to stand for Small Talk I feel it's more Septic Tank than anything else. It's where all the waste and refuse goes. With that in mind you can clean a septic tank continually but it will always smell badly, unless you nuke it from orbit. (That is something I'm continually reminded not to do.)

Dan
Auctionjunkie! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:22 AM #11
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Not trying to form a modpile in here, but to take the Septic Tank analogy a little further, it does serve its purpose. It keeps its contents where they are, mostly out of the more livable areas. Sometimes it overflows, and then you need a plumbing crew.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote