PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-27-2013, 10:17 AM #22
stea1thviper
UIUC #8

Hi Absently,

I have new Rail, bone stock. I went playing yesterday with it for the first time in some very light rain and I noticed a couple issues:

1) first shot drop off. my first shot barely gets out of the barrel. my paint/bore match was terrible that day because the humidity expanded the paint and made the paint barely squeeze into a .90 bore (forgot my other inserts). even with this issue, the second shot was normal however. I thought the rail was auto set from the factory to correct this issue? is this a typical problem with a stock marker?

2) near the end of the day, all the sudden I would pull the trigger and the velocity was drastically reduced. I shoot a second ball the velocity goes down further. By the 4th shot no air was cycling through the marker. I have no idea what caused this, my grip frame remained quite dry throughout the day (reg got some mud in the bottom where pressure is adjusted but that's it). My tank was at full pressure, gun was in the right mode, etc etc.

When I got home I dry fired it and it seemed be okay again. Any idea what caused that? Thanks ahead of time for taking the time to read this.

-Steven
stea1thviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2013, 11:34 AM #23
pushc6

Where are you playing? Is it cold there? Did you lube your marker before, if so how much? You have any barrel breaks?
pushc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:50 PM #24
stea1thviper
UIUC #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushc6 View Post
Where are you playing? Is it cold there? Did you lube your marker before, if so how much? You have any barrel breaks?
Playing in Socal, it was quite warm for winter ~60 degrees. Did not need to lube marker since it was new (is that a wrong assumption?), I did take the bolt apart before I aired it up to inspect and it seemed adequately lubed. I also dry fired it about 1000 times soon after purchase to start the break in process for the reg. By the end of the day when it started to fail, I probably put around 1700 rounds through it. That plus dry firing comes out to about 2700 times the bolt cycled. And yes, many many barrel breaks! Lesson learned - bring ALL your inserts. The paint was barely squeezing through my friend's .693 back as well.

Last edited by stea1thviper : 01-27-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:02 PM #25
pushc6

Yea, so you should probably tear it down, clean it up and re-lube. Spoolies are temperamental with lube. Too much it won't shoot right, too little it won't shoot right. Take the bolt apart, clean it up, put enough lube on all the orings so they look wet. Then put just a film of lube on the parts of the bolt that come in contact with the orings. Basically everywhere minus the part of the bolt between the front part and the bolt sail.

When I play I usually pull the bolt after about 1k rounds just to check how it looks. You'll definitely want to do a tear down/relube after every case or so.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:05 PM #26
Eastter
📷📷

Eastter is playing at Living Legends VI
Try lining it then turn anti bolt stick off.
Eastter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:38 PM #27
woodsplaya
Out of the woods now!

woodsplaya is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by stea1thviper View Post
Hi Absently,

I have new Rail, bone stock. I went playing yesterday with it for the first time in some very light rain and I noticed a couple issues:

1) first shot drop off. my first shot barely gets out of the barrel. my paint/bore match was terrible that day because the humidity expanded the paint and made the paint barely squeeze into a .90 bore (forgot my other inserts). even with this issue, the second shot was normal however. I thought the rail was auto set from the factory to correct this issue? is this a typical problem with a stock marker?

2) near the end of the day, all the sudden I would pull the trigger and the velocity was drastically reduced. I shoot a second ball the velocity goes down further. By the 4th shot no air was cycling through the marker. I have no idea what caused this, my grip frame remained quite dry throughout the day (reg got some mud in the bottom where pressure is adjusted but that's it). My tank was at full pressure, gun was in the right mode, etc etc.

When I got home I dry fired it and it seemed be okay again. Any idea what caused that? Thanks ahead of time for taking the time to read this.

-Steven
Check your Battery also. Don't use the one that came in the box with the marker. You didn't mention trying a new battery so I'm guessing this was the problem.
woodsplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:45 PM #28
stea1thviper
UIUC #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushc6 View Post
Yea, so you should probably tear it down, clean it up and re-lube. Spoolies are temperamental with lube. Too much it won't shoot right, too little it won't shoot right. Take the bolt apart, clean it up, put enough lube on all the orings so they look wet. Then put just a film of lube on the parts of the bolt that come in contact with the orings. Basically everywhere minus the part of the bolt between the front part and the bolt sail.

When I play I usually pull the bolt after about 1k rounds just to check how it looks. You'll definitely want to do a tear down/relube after every case or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastter View Post
Okay I did a quick tear down and relube, WOW those o-rings looked alot more dry than they first looked when I bought it! Thanks for the tips both of you, I will most likely get a bit of field time next or the week after and I will see how it performs with your advice. The marker is cycling much better now though I can tell already.

I'm just getting back into paintball after a 6 year hiatus (played on my college team, then work took over), and my last marker was a poppet-style (hopefully that's what they're still called these days) and it did not have nearly this many o-rings!

Thanks again
Old 01-28-2013, 06:35 AM #29
pushc6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastter View Post
Why would you turn anti-bolt stick off if he has first shot drop off? Keep ABS on. ABS is there to prevent FSDO.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:22 PM #30
stea1thviper
UIUC #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsplaya View Post
Check your Battery also. Don't use the one that came in the box with the marker. You didn't mention trying a new battery so I'm guessing this was the problem.
You're right, the battery it comes with looks like complete junk! They should have just not included a battery and reduced the price a bit
Old 01-28-2013, 02:39 PM #31
Icon0clast