Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Should I Push the design forward?
Yes, and I'd buy one too! 0 0%
Yes! Make that now! 3 50.00%
No! Thats a terrible idea! 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2013, 08:38 PM #1
FPSmaniac152

Low Pressure Mag

So Im just feeling out the waters. I have a solid design for a low pressure (under 200 psi) automag valve. It would use the same on/off assembly and a similar bolt setup just optimized for high flow. The volume chamber would be larger (to make up for the drop in pressure). Finally, the regulator would be of a more traditional design so that it could be more compact and help make more room for the volume chamber.

If it works, it has the potential to give the Automag the one thing it was missing, efficiency. It would also have a much lighter trigger pull, and with the ULE trigger kit, would probably have under a 10 oz pull.

Should I pursue the design? Any other suggestions? Would you buy one over an X valve?
FPSmaniac152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2013, 09:14 PM #2
demented pumper
AKA Superman

you might want to talk to AGD before trying to make a new valve because i feel like there will be some sort of patent infringement since you have already asked if we would purchase one.i am by no means up to date on that stuff but i think if it is for personal use then its fine but if it is intended to be sold there is an issue.

also there was a guy on AO who made a pneumatic valve but im not sure what came of it.

feebackhttp://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post18738514
AO-Captian pinky
pbc- superman
mcb- superman
demented pumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:46 PM #3
FPSmaniac152

I have just sent them an email discussing the matter. If I were to produce it, it would most likely be alongside them as I don't have the correct machinery to produce something like this.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:15 PM #4
jdoohen
5th year n00b

has been a member for 10 years
What is the cost to you to pursue it further?
If it's not too significant (ie loans), then you should go for it or you may regret it.
jdoohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:45 PM #5
FPSmaniac152

Its probably going to cost quite a bit. Im going to be completely reworking and updating the design theory behind the Automag. Hopefully I can get in touch with AGD and work something out there, otherwise I was thinking about using Kickstarter (If I do ill post a link in this thread). Im anticipating around $5,000 to get to a working prototype possibly more if ADG isn't receptive and I have to go through legal channels and obtain the nessiscary patents and rights on my own. I want to try to avoid using loans because if anything goes south and my plans fail I'll owe a good chunk of money and no one wants that do they?

Last edited by FPSmaniac152 : 01-28-2013 at 09:47 PM.