Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 03:21 PM #1
Smit
PAINTBALL
 
Smit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The snow
Smit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Smit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Smit has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Stuck back cap problem

Ok so i have this black cap type thing on the back of my shocker. I think its the nds guide rod. Problem is it wont come out i took out the middle screw and the lower bottom ones and tried the thing when you put something through the barrel and try to push it out but it still wont budge.
__________________
Golf balls FOr SALe

When Poop hits the fan...

You have to Poop too?
Smit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2013, 03:28 PM #2
MachineGunCrew
Never Say Die
 
MachineGunCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: IDAHO
MachineGunCrew plays in the PSP
MachineGunCrew supports Team VICIOUS
MachineGunCrew is Legendary
MachineGunCrew supports DLX Technology
which bolt guide? the New Designz adjustable?
__________________
HKarmy
MachineGunCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:34 PM #3
Smit
PAINTBALL
 
Smit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The snow
Smit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Smit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Smit has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGunCrew View Post
which bolt guide? the New Designz adjustable?
not sure actually.. it looks like a circle then it has a trianle like shape that sticks out, then theres a hole where i took out a screw.
Not sure if that helps explain it
this is what i was told
-Lurker bolt with HE kit

-NDZ LP guide
__________________
Golf balls FOr SALe

When Poop hits the fan...

You have to Poop too?
Smit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:52 PM #4
inmylife2415
SBPB
 
inmylife2415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Madison
inmylife2415 supports DLX Technology
Post pics
inmylife2415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:58 PM #5
MachineGunCrew
Never Say Die
 
MachineGunCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: IDAHO
MachineGunCrew plays in the PSP
MachineGunCrew supports Team VICIOUS
MachineGunCrew is Legendary
MachineGunCrew supports DLX Technology
strange. you're not able to hand screw it out? I wouldn't try to force it out by pushing down the barrel since it will cause a bunch of pressure on the threads. You wouldn't want to cross thread.
__________________
HKarmy
MachineGunCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:04 PM #6
Smit
PAINTBALL
 
Smit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The snow
Smit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Smit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Smit has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmylife2415 View Post
Post pics
its the red/pink shocker and it the black thing on back of gun http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3837245
__________________
Golf balls FOr SALe

When Poop hits the fan...

You have to Poop too?
Smit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:05 PM #7
Smit
PAINTBALL
 
Smit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The snow
Smit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Smit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Smit has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGunCrew View Post
strange. you're not able to hand screw it out? I wouldn't try to force it out by pushing down the barrel since it will cause a bunch of pressure on the threads. You wouldn't want to cross thread.
nope its like its glued or something hah
__________________
Golf balls FOr SALe

When Poop hits the fan...

You have to Poop too?
Smit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:45 PM #8
bnkr king
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
bnkr king owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bnkr king owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Is your LP guide adjustable as well? If so it should have a cap that threads into the guide itself and when it's removed you can access the hex hole and do the adjusting on the length of the guide.

I was running adj before the eigen released and one time I went to take the guide out of my shocker and only the cap was unthreading from the guide.. The guide didn't want to budge from the shocker body and I couldn't get the cap threaded tight enough to break free the guide/body threads, each time the cap would just start unthreading again.. This kind of sounds like your problem

Fixed it by putting epoxy on the cap threads, and threading it into the guide. Once the epoxy was set up the cap didn't budge and I could get the leverage to get the guide out.. Heat up the guide, unthread the cap, clean up the threads.. And everything was back to normal.
bnkr king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:54 PM #9
MachineGunCrew
Never Say Die
 
MachineGunCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: IDAHO
MachineGunCrew plays in the PSP
MachineGunCrew supports Team VICIOUS
MachineGunCrew is Legendary
MachineGunCrew supports DLX Technology
yeah. there should be 2 hex holes. 1 for the whole guide. another for the free floating guide part.

I'd recommend puting some lube on your guide threads when you get it out.

You may be able to drop some gold cup oil on the threads and let it soak in to loosen it up.
__________________
HKarmy
MachineGunCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:18 PM #10
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!
 
jim4130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: woburn MA.
jim4130 plays in the PSP
jim4130 plays in the APPA D4 division
jim4130 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
jim4130 is Boss
First things first here guys. Have you degassed the shocker and dry fired out the rest of the air? With that guide you shouldnt need any tools to remove it just grab it and turn. But if you do need a wrench the inner allen is a smaller metric (if I recall) than the bigger outer one thats a standard size.
__________________
OBE
SBPB

come check out my gun collection

proud suporter of

shocker owners
jim4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:14 PM #11
Smit
PAINTBALL
 
Smit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The snow
Smit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Smit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Smit has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnkr king View Post
Is your LP guide adjustable as well? If so it should have a cap that threads into the guide itself and when it's removed you can access the hex hole and do the adjusting on the length of the guide.

I was running adj before the eigen released and one time I went to take the guide out of my shocker and only the cap was unthreading from the guide.. The guide didn't want to budge from the shocker body and I couldn't get the cap threaded tight enough to break free the guide/body threads, each time the cap would just start unthreading again.. This kind of sounds like your problem

Fixed it by putting epoxy on the cap threads, and threading it into the guide. Once the epoxy was set up the cap didn't budge and I could get the leverage to get the guide out.. Heat up the guide, unthread the cap, clean up the threads.. And everything was back to normal.
Got it out thanks for help
__________________
Golf balls FOr SALe

When Poop hits the fan...

You have to Poop too?
Smit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:14 PM #12
tyronejk
titular
 
tyronejk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
tyronejk is an NCPA player
tyronejk plays in the APPA beginner division
I'm guessing it's one of Pooty's LP NDZ guides, so you probably unscrewed the set screw in the back of the guide. There should be another hex hole to unscrew the entire guide. But like Jim said, first make sure there's no air pressure in the gun.
EDIT: Already got it out, nvm
__________________
Current markers: 2011 G6R | Shocker NXT | Lasoya Promaster | Ion


Theoretical max efficiency of a marker
Automated paintball turret
tyronejk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:15 PM #13
Smit
PAINTBALL
 
Smit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The snow
Smit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Smit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Smit has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGunCrew View Post
yeah. there should be 2 hex holes. 1 for the whole guide. another for the free floating guide part.

I'd recommend puting some lube on your guide threads when you get it out.

You may be able to drop some gold cup oil on the threads and let it soak in to loosen it up.
got it out and ill do that, thanks for help
__________________
Golf balls FOr SALe

When Poop hits the fan...

You have to Poop too?
Smit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:50 PM #14
bnkr king
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
bnkr king owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bnkr king owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Good to hear it's fixed
bnkr king is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump