PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-26-2013, 04:01 PM #1
johnwohlheter

marq 6 leaks...cant figure it out...please help

Hi all,
I recently purchased a used marq 6 for $160 that has a solenoid leak. I figured I would change all o rings and worse case scenario drop in a new solenoid. by the way this marq has the 4 eyes and the pillow bolt with QD.

I have read every post I could find on marq 6 leaks with no help. So here is the run down of what i have done to try and tech this marq 6.

-put in a new 9 volt battery tried a energy paintball 9v and a duracell 9v
-replaced every o ring in the marker (yes they are the right size o rings)
-checked LPR its lubed, correctly assembled, and set to 80 psi
-checked HPR its lubed, correctly assembled, and set to 220 psi
-bolt engine is stock and correctly assembled

also i only used dow 55 to lube the marker...

After all this when I air it up I still get a large air leak from the solenoid. The leak is coming from the hole in the solenoid just behind where the LPR attaches to the solenoid.

So I figured the solenoid was previously over pressurized and now has a blown seal. So i purchased a new solenoid and installed it. Still I have the same problem.
So I disassembled both solenoids and they are fine.

So I finally broke down and called BLAST and talked to a tech. After I explained the situation the tech told me the only thing that would cause this leak is the LPR being cranked up to high. The only other suggestion the tech had was that the new solenoid might me stuck and I was told to remove the solenoid and hook it up to an air source and cycle the solenoid via the little red button on the solenoid itself. Doing so made no difference...

One thing i did notice was when I have the grip frame off and I plug the hole that leaks on the solenoid with my finger I am able to fire the marq. I am really tempted to put a m3 threaded plug in the leaky hole, but i dont want to screw anything up... I am wondering is i possible that I have 2 bad solenoids?

As for the board it is stock. When I turn the board on with eyes off and pull the trigger the solenoid does click so i figured the board was ok.
However I have no idea what frenzy board is in my marq so i cant really figure out how to set or check anything. I tried to adjust the board using the frenzy 3.1 and 4.0 manual but i dont think i have those boards because my board wont work like the manuals say it should. I saw a picture of a frenzy 2.0 board but it looks slightly different then my board. So as far a boards go I am really completely clueless

I called BLAST again asking about repair work and I was told that I would have to pay to ship it to them. Then pay $45 for them to simply take a look at it. If any parts were required I would obviously have to cover that as well. Then I would have to pay return shipping. Problem is after buying the marq, a new solenoid, pressure tester, and a o ring kit I am tapped out for cash. Plus if i invest another $100+ in sending it to blast I could just buy a working marq....

If i cant get this to work soon I will have to ebay it...which i really dont want to do but I really am out of options.... Any help is very much appreciated...Thanks all....
johnwohlheter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2013, 06:44 PM #2
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
Pushing the red Burton should have made the noid cycle which would make the marker cycle.

Make sure you are depressing the button fully, and double check your pressure.

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:50 PM #3
johnwohlheter

I am unable to depress red button on solenoid because when mounted to the body the red button is on the underside of the solenoid facing the body...
Old 01-27-2013, 12:50 AM #4
jerbull88

jerbull88 plays in the APPA D4 division
jerbull88 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jerbull88 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
try turning the lpr all the way down and slowly tuning it back up while attempting to fire it. does it leak under all pressure or just "operating" pressure?

Splash Mag
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4194961
jerbull88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:03 AM #5
johnwohlheter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbull88 View Post
try turning the lpr all the way down and slowly tuning it back up while attempting to fire it. does it leak under all pressure or just "operating" pressure?
I have only tried to get it to fire at 80 psi. I do not use a bob long pressure tester I made my own. I use a 120 psi gauge with a barb so I can attach it directly to the LPR hose. So I cant really say if it leaks at a lower pressure or not. I will have to go get some air and try lowering the LPR pressure a bit and see what happened. Thanks...
Old 01-27-2013, 11:41 AM #6
jerbull88

jerbull88 plays in the APPA D4 division
jerbull88 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jerbull88 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
it sounds to me like the solenoid is venting and like the blast tech said that only happens when the lpr is over pressurized.

Splash Mag
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4194961
jerbull88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:37 PM #7
johnwohlheter

marq 6 leak continued...

Well I finally got mt tank filled and played around with the LPR what I found was at 20 psi = no leak and no fire
at 30 psi = no leak and no fire
at 40 psi = small leak (solenoid venting) no fire
at 50 psi = large leak no fire and it just continues to do this all the way up to the recommended 80 psi setting...

Can anybody help???
Old 03-20-2013, 11:41 PM #8
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is Boss
Make sure none of the orings are missing under the brass piece the holds the solenoid in place.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:59 PM #9
johnwohlheter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
Make sure none of the orings are missing under the brass piece the holds the solenoid in place.
i have checked and replaced the o rings under the solenoid and i have also replaced the o ring under the manifold that feed low pressure air to the solenoid.
The leak is not coming from a missing or damaged o ring. The solenoid is leaking air from the vent hole as soon as the LPR pressure hits 35-40 psi. I have tried 2 different solenoids with the same results.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:25 AM #10
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is Boss
Have you tried dry cycling the marker after the pressure have been set?

Since you tried different solenoids, that rules out the chance of a bad noid. So that leaves being installed incorrectly.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:02 AM #11
johnwohlheter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
Have you tried dry cycling the marker after the pressure have been set?

Since you tried different solenoids, that rules out the chance of a bad noid. So that leaves being installed incorrectly.
I am unable to dry cycle the marker since as soon as the solenoid receives air from the LPR it vents off all the air and will not cycle the bolt.
I was able to dye cycle the marq one time, i plugged the leaking vent hole on the solenoid with my finger and enough air was directed to the bolt to make it cycle 10 or so times. I mentioned this in my first post, I think the marq would work fine if i plugged the vent hole on the solenoid. That being said i know thats not the right way to fix the issue.

As for the solenoid installation itself its installed correctly, bob long made it pretty fool proof to install since the solenoid really only fits and mounts one way.

Thanks, john
Old 03-21-2013, 01:12 PM #12
johnwohlheter

marq 6 leak continued...

I am really starting to think I have 2 bad solenoids. I thought the original noid might have been bad, but the replacement noid I purchased was guaranteed new right out of a bob long tech kit. That being said what are chances the new noid is blown and having the same issue as the original noid?

I guess the only way I will know for sure will be to test both marq solenoids in my 98 custom E bolt project and see what happens...